• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

I'm running Nightforce 1" they clear the 50mm bell perfectly with the scope almost all the way back.

After spending about half an hour on hold with Sig CS, I was told that only .308s have shipped, and that there is no ETA for the 6.5s... I really prefer the 6.5, but I'm considering picking up a .308 to hunt this year then rebarreling to something better next year (previously mentioned 7mm-08 AI, loaded long and hot sounds pretty awesome).

Don't know how reliable this source is, but the article seems to suggest that the 6.5s are delayed along with the .277s.... something hazy about .gov contracts :rolleyes:

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/guns/sig-sauer-cross-rifle-now-shipping

dont know if you have a sportsman’s warehouse nearby but they have the 6.5 and 277 in stock

Reactions: Scoop and baddoggy
49948C35-F22A-45CB-9E0F-E691BD45E4FB.jpeg

Should I be worried about this chip?

Judging by how the cheek riser looks in relation to the rail over the action...I’m assuming an AR height mount/rings would be ideal? (1.5”)

Those running lower rings, you aren’t smashing your face into the riser to get behind the scope?

All of my precision AR’s have 1.5” height rings, and the cheek pad/riser is basically even with the top rail on the receiver...couldn’t imagine going much lower and still being comfortable behind the rifle. (Admittedly, I do have a bigass head ;) )

53880375-10DB-4A10-9CD6-9BF268B3AED2.jpeg

With the 1.05" rings, I'm not smashing my face into the riser. You can see in my picture above, it's fairly low, but there's some travel below that.

Holding out for the .277 Fury which apparently has no ETA.

Yes, I'm really a lab rat who can type and likes torture. Thanks for asking.

Where are you seeing 277 Rifles in stock? I haven't seen anyone say they have even been made yet.

the bigger question is what would one feed it if you got one? I haven’t seen any 277 Fury ammo available anywhere.

Well looks like "We all have our Cross to Bear" Can't wait for the Cross Gen2.......LOL

And the Gen3 that comes out the next year. And to a layman the guns might look the same, they are different enough that parts cannot be swapped between Gens.

Sotty, as much as I used to be a Sig fanboi, I get mad when I see how what was a great company is now more interested in pumping products out without the proper testing to make sure they are ready for release. And the factory QC to make sure each gun lives up to the Sig name.

Negative on the .277. I directly quote Sig:

"A release date for that product has yet to be determined."

Still waiting to see if Sig ever releases the .40 and .357Sig uppers for the MPX.

There are a lot of moving parts on a new caliber release, not the least of which is demand. It's hard to get adoption, especially if you look across the landscape of today's round choices. That's before we get to others factors like widespread availability of .277 ammo.

I'll cut Sig a lot of slack on this. The .277 holds a lot of promise and I would like to see it field tested in the open market. But the wise move is the slow, deliberate, cautious move. They have a great product in the Cross. .277 may or may not come and there is no reason to rush it. It's better Sig gets it right than fast.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Just left Cabelas once again...was told that all the cross rifles have been recalled, but I’m wondering if that’s just the bolt issue that was mentioned here. They had no eta on the 6.5 Creed, and weren’t able to process my special order that I submitted a month ago for one.

I’m tempted to say screw it and go with a Seekins Havak Element, but I’ve got a grand in cabelas points that won’t do me any good if I go that route.

Last edited:
Based on the last 15 years, the track record is not looking good.
In the end, Sig always makes it right. They've put out a lot of good, innovative products in the last five years or so. That drive to break new ground comes with its share of challenges.

No new weapon system introduction is without its hurdles. It's a matter how many, not if they will occur. I remember a family member years ago telling me about the early Garand, and how flawed it was until they finally got it right. This is not a new issue, just an enduring, frustrating reality.

YMMV

Just left Cabelas once again...was told that all the cross rifles have been recalled, but I’m wondering if that’s just the bolt issue that was mentioned here. They had no eta on the 6.5 Creed, and weren’t able to process my special order that I submitted a month ago for one.

I’m tempted to say screw it and go with a Seekins Havak Element, but I’ve got a grand in cabelas points that won’t do me any good if I go that route.

I've heard that they swapped the bolts out on the first batch of .308s that went out to Cabela's before they were put out for sale, but I don't believe there's a recall on the Cross. Nothing shows up here:

Mine is chugging along fine, and I really like the rifle thus far. It didn't care for 168gr ABLRs at all but I'm zeroing in on a couple 168gr BT loads and am about to start working on a 150gr BT load. I can't remember if Sig advertised the barrel as cut rifled or not, but it's very smooth and doesn't foul much.

I see Sig gets a lot of bashing, but I personally have had pretty good luck with their products.
My KILO 2000 worked perfectly finally a LRF that actually ranged the advertised spec that wasn't over priced used it for hunting and LR shooting.
MY KILO 2400 ABS ran fine never had a problem with it used it for hunting and LR shooting.
MY KILO 3000 currently still have works fine and I have dropped it a few times I use it for deer & turkey hunting and LR shooting, glass could be better and I wish it had a built in compass to provide the DOF for the solution, but for the money what comes close?
Had one BDX scope that had to go back for a canted reticle Sig fixed it and had it back within a week.
Sig P226 9mm ran fine never a problem.
Sig P320/M17 9mm most accurate pistol I think I have ever shot not one FTF with hundreds of rounds through it.

In my previous post I was kind of making a joke, but damn we(gun owners) are quick to crucify a company I am guilty of it at times, going to try and do better myself.

Yes, it is good that Sig innovates. But what made me give up on them was their constant stream of products where the buyer was expected to beta test them for Sig.

Reactions: Stoweit
I just ordered one from Sportsman's Warehouse in 6.5CM. If for some reason, it has an issue(s), Sig Sauer will make it right. They are good people.

Reactions: NCshooter1980
I am a life long Sig fan but they have definitely pulled some shenanigans over the years. Building platforms and not supporting them or not expanding them as promised is the big one I hear.

I almost bought a 556 Xi because they were going to do a ton of calibers and barrels but they dropped the platform.

The MCX and MPX have also had generational changes that kind of hosed early adopters and as mentioned they never have followed through on the caliber conversions for the MPX.

I glad to see their small parts added on the website for some guns because that was another huge issue. Not being able to easily order replacement parts for long established guns is dumb.

Unless I'm missing something Sportsmams Warehouse appears to have the 277 Fury version.
When I go to their website it says Sep 1st which means they don’t have them. I’d bet they won’t have them Sep 1st either but you never know.

If they do like a 6 arc or 6gt I would consider it...

On the whole the cross that I have handled did not have the build quality of my fix.

Reactions: Stoweit
If they do like a 6 arc or 6gt I would consider it...

On the whole the cross that I have handled did not have the build quality of my fix.

6GT would be as simple as a barrel change. I think that cartridge would be a winner in the Cross.

Reactions: Dai Bando
So all you shooters got to a Cabela's while the rest of us were working? Any ideas of when the rifle will go in wider distribution? Thanks for the comments on the thread.

I read on ARFCOM that there was an issue with some of the bolts found during launch. A Sig employee seemed to confirm but said the issue had been corrected.

My Cross came with what looks like a consumer packaging for a replacement bolt in the box, maybe that's how they dealt with the bolt issue after the rifles shipped to stores. Did everyone else have a baggie like this in their box?

View attachment 7399904

I took my rifle out last week just to make sure everything ran fine. I had five rounds each of Fed Premium 165gr Accubond and 168gr FGMM left over that were the first rounds through the rifle. Don't know if the Fed Premium was me getting used to the rifle (first group) or if that's just what the ammo will do, but the FGMM was looking pretty good until I pulled the last shot.

View attachment 7399906

I also ran two velocity ladders with 168gr ABLRs to find pressure, which I did in the form of slightly heavy bolt lift and ejector marks, but no problems with the bolt or extractor. I like the feel and function of the rifle a lot and think it's going to be a shooter once I get some loads worked up.

View attachment 7399915
This looks super badass with the nomad.
I'm debating this, the q, or the 16" tikka tac a1 for my pending Nomad L.
Sig is rising with posts like this.

What are you gonna use it for? I've got all 3, but the Tikka definitely fills a different niche than the other 2.

The Sig and Q rifles weigh about what the Tikka chassis does.

Last edited:
Range use and stand hunting ( < 500 yard hike). mainly just doing the same thing my 16" AR10 does without the port noise in my ear, or having to tweak the gas block between light varmint and heavy match loads.

Reactions: Gtscotty

The Nomad sounds good on the Cross, my last 16" .308 was an AR, and therefore quite a bit louder to the shooter. The rig balances right in front of the mag well, which should work well for carrying it around while hunting.

The whole setup sans cartridges and sling is around 9.25 lbs, not bad at all for the functionality it brings, and lighter than my RPR is naked.
IMG_20200824_120026107~01.jpg

I hit the range before work this morning and settled on a 168gr Ballistic Tip and AR-Comp load that I'll probably use this year.
IMG_20200824_104226283~01.jpg

Also started two OCWs with 8208 and Varget since I'm almost out of AR-Comp and can't find any to save my life.
IMG_20200824_103657776~01.jpg

IMG_20200824_104018250~01.jpg

I'm quite pleased with it thus far, hopefully I'll get a chance to plunk an antelope in late September.

Nice setup Gtscotty! Really liking the Nomad. Can you tell me more about suppressor mounting for non-Sig cans? I have an Ultra 7 I'd like to use on mine when the rifle gets here. Are there standard 5/8×24 threads under there somewhere?

The Nomad sounds good on the Cross, my last 16" .308 was an AR, and therefore quite a bit louder to the shooter. The rig balances right in front of the mag well, which should work well for carrying it around while hunting.

The whole setup sans cartridges and sling is around 9.25 lbs, not bad at all for the functionality it brings, and lighter than my RPR is naked.View attachment 7407210

I hit the range before work this morning and settled on a 168gr Ballistic Tip and AR-Comp load that I'll probably use this year.
View attachment 7407213

Also started two OCWs with 8208 and Varget since I'm almost out of AR-Comp and can't find any to save my life.
View attachment 7407215

View attachment 7407216

I'm quite pleased with it thus far, hopefully I'll get a chance to plunk an antelope in late September.

I totally take my hat off to you for posting multiple groups from one shooting session.
Regardless of your average group size (yours are excellent) you gave the forum a good idea of what the rifle with you behind it can do statistically.

99% of the other shot groups posted by others on this site are one-ofs that are cherry picked.

Nicely done.

./

Nice setup Gtscotty! Really liking the Nomad. Can you tell me more about suppressor mounting for non-Sig cans? I have an Ultra 7 I'd like to use on mine when the rifle gets here. Are there standard 5/8×24 threads under there somewhere?

The threads are 5/8-24 and the rifle comes set up with a 90-degree shoulder adapter over the taper. Just keep the shoulder adapter on and install as usual, although you'll probably need more shims than it seems at first.

Reactions: Scoop
The threads are 5/8-24 and the rifle comes set up with a 90-degree shoulder adapter over the taper. Just keep the shoulder adapter on and install as usual, although you'll probably need more shims than it seems at first.
Something I've run into before. For those moving a can over from another rifle be cognizant of the fact that carbon will build up in the treads. Which may in turn set up a condition where you can't screw the can on completely. Remedy, clean the carbon out of the treads.

Reactions: Scoop

Sounds like a Q suppressor without their muzzle brake would work b/c of the taper correct?

Sounds like a Q suppressor without their muzzle brake would work b/c of the taper correct?

I am not sure if it is the same taper profile. My Fix and Cross both have TBAC brakes installed already so I can't compare them.

The rifle came with an adapter ring that mates up to the taper on the barrel and gives you a normal perpendicular shoulder. It might be one more thing to lose if you're shooting a DT can, but I've been using the Plan A system with my Nomad, so I just put a little grease on the taper of the adapter ring to make sure it didn't bind or anything, and torqued the EZ brake on. The alignment on mine is good, you can see the black adapter ring under the brake.
IMG_20200825_080830970~01.jpg

I totally take my hat off to you for posting multiple groups from one shooting session.
Regardless of your average group size (yours are excellent) you gave the forum a good idea of what the rifle with you behind it can do statistically.

99% of the other shot groups posted by others on this site are one-ofs that are cherry picked.

Nicely done.

./

Just to be clear, the OCW targets aren't really meant to be groups they're just three shots at each powder weight, shot round robin looking for the vertical center of the shots. I have some more work in the next stage to find my loads, but I thought the relatively low dispersion of the shots at this point was a good omen (also makes it tougher to try and pick out nodes at 100yds). I should also mention that the target for 168gr BTs over 45.6gr Varget only has two shots because some moron seated a primer backwards late the night before and didn't notice until he heard click - no boom....

Thanks M4guru and Gtscotty. Can't wait to get this thing up and running. Got my fingers crossed that it'll actually show up at Sportsman's Warehouse on 9/3.

Anyone know where a guy could get his hands on one of these? I’ve looked high and low and can’t find one in stock anywhere.

Colleagues:

Please avoid Sportsman's World in Austin, TX. They list the Sig Cross in stock and will bill your card if you attempt to order.
The store has none in stock and will give you a "place in line" when they receive any rifles.
The firearms manager called me back today with the above facts and said "the website says that this is a deposit". No where on the website or ordering information does it read deposit.

Lessons learned.

Well, apparently the Creedmoor and Fury versions are on hold. Just got an email from Sportsman's Warehouse that production is delayed and my Creedmoor will not be available for pickup on 9/3. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Well, apparently the Creedmoor and Fury versions are on hold. Just got an email from Sportsman's Warehouse that production is delayed and my Creedmoor will not be available for pickup on 9/3. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

That might explain why Cabela’s removed it from their website today too

I wonder what caused pulling it off of Cabelas/Bass websites? Mine had 1 in stock.