• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Tell me again about that stellar Sig customer service, information, and turn around times ;)
Well in terms of providing updates Sig could do better. But best guess was February, before they had a solution and ramped up a supply of replacement parts.

I asked someone who works in the industry and has regular contact with Sig engineers if he had heard anything on the Cross.

He was willing to tell me that parts are being produced now to fix the issue. But didn't have any technical information on the actual design changes.

So at least Sig is moving forward and we should hear more about how to return our rifles in the near future. Once they have enough parts on hand.

To my knowledge, the recall was based on a failure of only one rifle. To redesign the trigger control group on the basis of one failure is still impressive.

When these were released last summer, I was hoping to have one for hunting season...I guess I never specified which year.

Hopefully they’ll have the bugs worked out by the time I find one, or something else better hits the market. 16”-18” barrel, light weight, 6.5 Creed...there aren’t an abundance of options.
The foldable stock is a big plus for travel. I don't like getting attention when I check in at hotels.

Box received last week:

PXL_20210225_152529426.jpg

Now we see how long it'll take for the turnaround, and what Sig has decided to change.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
List of two things that go together

1. Peanut butter / Jelly
2. 6BR/ 30gr Varget
3. 8oz Trigger Techs/ all the points
4. Barbed wire tattoos/ Molon Labe stickers on your Dodge Ram 2500(even though you never served and went right into HVAC after high school)
No barbed wire tattoo but I certainly have that sticker somewhere in my HVAC service van . 😁🇺🇸

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_074038.jpg
    IMG_20210316_074038.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: el-rey
Mine is back home. This note was in the box:

PXL_20210317_210304010.jpg

I think that the cocking piece was changed, but mine already had an issue (it spit out one of the rollers during dry-firing). I cannot see any other obvious changes, but it's also not like I'd memorized every piece.

Sig also fixed the wobble in the folding stock hinge. It now locks tightly in the open position (y)

i got mine back too with the note and sig hat. 2 week return time from ship date so pretty good indeed. Will have too see on range if it performs any different once things warm up here.

on dry firing, the second stage feels little more ‘springier’ and it is noticeable.

Attachments

• 811D728B-36C5-4C6C-88DA-199F59A76C0E.jpeg
    811D728B-36C5-4C6C-88DA-199F59A76C0E.jpeg
    702.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
That is one of the fugliest hats I have ever seen in creation. Do you suppose they are the ones that aren't selling so well in the Sig store? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Got mine back today. They fixed the play in the stock (it was fairly minor but noticeable). Locks up tight now. Trigger is not as nice as it was but maybe it's safe now. Seems like more overtravel and not quite as light. Probably be a couple of weeks before I get to the range.

Got mine back today. They fixed the play in the stock (it was fairly minor but noticeable). Locks up tight now. Trigger is not as nice as it was but maybe it's safe now. Seems like more overtravel and not quite as light. Probably be a couple of weeks before I get to the range.
I should be receiving my shipping box from Sig in a couple of days, but I am having second thoughts about sending it back based on your trigger comment. In dry firing, have you readjusted the trigger weight and does it feel different to the point that your disappointed?

If anyone else has received their Cross back post recall fix, can you post your thoughts on the trigger. Has Sig provided any details as to what they changed in the trigger group. Also did you remove any after market parts, accessories and / or the scope before you sent it back.

I should be receiving my shipping box from Sig in a couple of days, but I am having second thoughts about sending it back based on your trigger comment. In dry firing, have you readjusted the trigger weight and does it feel different to the point that your disappointed?

If anyone else has received their Cross back post recall fix, can you post your thoughts on the trigger. Has Sig provided any details as to what they changed in the trigger group. Also did you remove any after market parts, accessories and / or the scope before you sent it back.
The email states to remove all aftermarket accessories.

Thanks, My email only stated a Cross package was shipped with a tracking number. Since I had not ordered anything, I assume it’s the return box. May be there will be instructions in the box, but nothing in the shipping email itself.

Should have been an email a few days before that with your RMA number and instructions.
“Please pack the unloaded rifle in the inner box provided. You will need to remove the bolt from the rifle and place it separately in the appropriate cutout within the box. Please remove aftermarket items from the rifle. DO NOT SEND MAGAZINES OR ANY OTHER ACCESSORIES.”

Should have been an email a few days before that with your RMA number and instructions.
“Please pack the unloaded rifle in the inner box provided. You will need to remove the bolt from the rifle and place it separately in the appropriate cutout within the box. Please remove aftermarket items from the rifle. DO NOT SEND MAGAZINES OR ANY OTHER ACCESSORIES.”
Maybe Sig updated there process. My return box arrived today. Inside the box was a printed sheet of instructions and a return label, which appears to be good for 90 days.

I did not receive a separate email with those same instructions, which is why I asked. My one notice of shipping did not include a RMA number. Had I not been half expecting a box, I would of not know what Sig was sending me.

Anyone else on the fence with doing the return. The turn around time seems good. I like the original trigger, if it changes in a negative way that would be bad. So if anyone has feedback, even based on dry firing that would be helpful.

My trigger was what I would consider very good before the recall work. Other than the first stage take up, there was no perceptible movement before the very crisp break and only a tiny amount of overtravel. I did not adjust the trigger at all before my initial use of the rifle. Since I got it back, there's the same first stage take up, then one slight creep-movement before the mushier-than-it-was break and more discernable overtravel. I'm not at all happy with the difference but it'll probably be ok for it's intended purpose. I have not adjusted it and have only dry fired so far. Hoping to put a few rounds downrange this weekend.

I took everything off the rifle before sending it in. Including the thread protector and the grip plug. Lol. It came back with another grip plug in it.

Last edited:
My trigger was what I would consider very good before the recall work. Other than the first stage take up, there was no perceptible movement before the very crisp break and only a tiny amount of overtravel. I did not adjust the trigger at all before my initial use of the rifle. Since I got it back, there's the same first stage take up, then one slight creep-movement before the mushier-than-it-was break and more discernable overtravel. I'm not at all happy with the difference but it'll probably be ok for it's intended purpose. I have not adjusted it and have only dry fired so far. Hoping to put a few rounds downrange this weekend.

I took everything off the rifle before sending it in. Including the thread protector and the grip plug. Lol. It came back with another grip plug in it.
Here is the trigger module:

PXL_20210325_154954868.jpg

PXL_20210325_155746923.jpg

The adjustment screw at the front of the trigger guard adjusts general pull weight. There is a second adjustment screw, at the rear of the trigger blade. The tip of this screw (visible through the window directly above it, just to the rear of the trigger pivot) provides a secondary fulcrum between the trigger blade and sear "rocker" (not sure of the official name). When the trigger is pulled, these components eventually touch and the second stage begins.

If this screw is too far in, the transition to the second stage happens too soon and the second stage will be heavy and creepy. If it's too far out, there is no second stage at all, and the let-off is extremely light and vague. Better the former than the latter from the standpoint of safety for field purposes, IMO, but the adjustment is available.

Obviously, follow any and all appropriate procedures if one decides to mess with factory adjustments. If in doubt, leave it alone. Don't mess with systems that one does not fully understand.

Here is the trigger module:

View attachment 7590196

View attachment 7590198
The adjustment screw at the front of the trigger guard adjusts general pull weight. There is a second adjustment screw, at the rear of the trigger blade. The tip of this screw (visible through the window directly above it, just to the rear of the trigger pivot) provides a secondary fulcrum between the trigger blade and sear "rocker" (not sure of the official name). When the trigger is pulled, these components eventually touch and the second stage begins.

If this screw is too far in, the transition to the second stage happens too soon and the second stage will be heavy and creepy. If it's too far out, there is no second stage at all, and the let-off is extremely light and vague. Better the former than the latter from the standpoint of safety for field purposes, IMO, but the adjustment is available.

Obviously, follow any and all appropriate procedures if one decides to mess with factory adjustments. If in doubt, leave it alone. Don't mess with systems that one does not fully understand.
Thank you for posting the pictures. When I purchased my rifle the trigger weight was set as light as possible and I did adjust mine a little.

Good to know about the second stage adjustment as well. So it could be that the post recall trigger just wasn’t adjusted to be optimal, and not a function of the recall itself.

Do you have any information on what Sig changed in the trigger module for the recall. Also how difficult is it to remove the module from the rifle?

I do not know what changed in the trigger or bolt.

The module is relatively easy to remove:

- Verify the rifle is clear
- Remove the grip
- Remove the safety levers by driving out the roll pins (might be able to do this by pulling only the right-side one, but I removed both)
- Remove the screw at the rear of the module
- Push out the cross pin at the front. Watch out for the detent ball! It's not under spring pressure, but it is loose and will roll away.

Re-installing it is slightly trickier. Getting the front pin past the detent ball is the hard part; I had to use a small screwdriver to depress it from one side while sliding in the pin from the other. The safety takes a bit of careful manipulation to clear the trigger and seat it properly with its detent spring.

Nothing about this is any tougher than building an AR lower.

I didn't take any trigger pull measurements pre- and post-recall, but it feels as good now as it did before after tweaking the adjustment screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoop
I do not know what changed in the trigger or bolt.

The module is relatively easy to remove:

- Verify the rifle is clear
- Remove the grip
- Remove the safety levers by driving out the roll pins (might be able to do this by pulling only the right-side one, but I removed both)
- Remove the screw at the rear of the module
- Push out the cross pin at the front. Watch out for the detent ball! It's not under spring pressure, but it is loose and will roll away.

Re-installing it is slightly trickier. Getting the front pin past the detent ball is the hard part; I had to use a small screwdriver to depress it from one side while sliding in the pin from the other. The safety takes a bit of careful manipulation to clear the trigger and seat it properly with its detent spring.

Nothing about this is any tougher than building an AR lower.

I didn't take any trigger pull measurements pre- and post-recall, but it feels as good now as it did before after tweaking the adjustment screws.
Appreciate the information, since the manual doesn’t really discuss it. Also thanks for your impressions on the trigger feel post recall.

I’ll probably send mine back next week, it looks like they are using FedEx ground for shipping. In my case ground will add a week each way in travel time to the recall.

Last edited:
Had started working up a new load for the Cross so really didn’t want to send it back for the recall right now, but since they sent the box figured I’d get it out of the way and go ahead and ship it back.
Went out on Friday 3/26 from Texas, delivered on 3/30. Got the return shipping notice yesterday, scheduled for delivery this Wednesday, 4/7. So 4 days at the factory and 3-4 business days each way FedEx ground would make it just under 2 weeks door to door.
Will be interesting to see if there are any differences when it gets back, especially with the trigger. Which other than a bit of over travel, was very happy with after adjusting for a slightly lighter pull.

Had started working up a new load for the Cross so really didn’t want to send it back for the recall right now, but since they sent the box figured I’d get it out of the way and go ahead and ship it back.
Went out on Friday 3/26 from Texas, delivered on 3/30. Got the return shipping notice yesterday, scheduled for delivery this Wednesday, 4/7. So 4 days at the factory and 3-4 business days each way FedEx ground would make it just under 2 weeks door to door.
Will be interesting to see if there are any differences when it gets back, especially with the trigger. Which other than a bit of over travel, was very happy with after adjusting for a slightly lighter pull.
Let us know how the trigger feels when you get it back. A week or less turn around is good. I wonder if they are dropping in new modules or just replacing a specific component like the sear.

I hear what your saying, about sending it back, I was on the fence myself. But then decided to just return it. I live on the west coast and my shipping times are longer, Monday to Monday for FedEx.

I did mark the adjustment screw positions, so if the marks are gone that might answer one question. I also wrote a short note asking for the used parts back. That probably won’t happen, but figured it can’t hurt to ask. I would really like to know what is being change, but no one who knows, is willing to say anything.

They may be making changes to the trigger and /or striker modules and then just swapping them to save time. I can see them not wanting the “defective parts” out in the wild. Will check it out when it gets back and let you know what I find.
Unfortunately with FedEx busy shipping the Vid vaccine their delivery times have been extended.

I registered for the recall on 11/25 and got my last update email on 12/28, nothing since then, I'm guessing I fell through the cracks. I just Re-registered for the recall, maybe they'll send me a box this time. I'm thinking I'll just leave my minimalist brake on, are they really going to go to the trouble of removing my brake and tossing it for a trigger recall? If they start looking at it that closely, they might realize that it left their factory a .308, but has since evolved into a 6.5.

I registered for the recall on 11/25 and got my last update email on 12/28, nothing since then, I'm guessing I fell through the cracks. I just Re-registered for the recall, maybe they'll send me a box this time. I'm thinking I'll just leave my minimalist brake on, are they really going to go to the trouble of removing my brake and tossing it for a trigger recall? If they start looking at it that closely, they might realize that it left their factory a .308, but has since evolved into a 6.5.
I was in the same boat until mid March and then received a shipping email. The reason they recommend that you remove any aftermarket items, is Sig doesn’t want to be responsible for loosing stuff.

On the barrel, you could always put a note in the box and tell them you changed the barrel out. My shipping time increased from 7 to 8 days, hopefully Sig will receive it tomorrow.

FedEx just dropped off my rifle. The recall took 8 business days door to door.

Didn’t notice any different parts but everything was real clean, including the bolt face and barrel. All the dust and grime from hunting season, gone. Looks new again!

The trigger doesn’t seem to feel any different than before the recall other than I had lightened it bit and it may have been set back now. The second stage still breaks clean, IMHO.

Need to remount the scope, suppressor mount, bipod rail and sling swivel socket and I’ll be back in business, sport’n a rather ugly new hat!

FedEx just dropped off my rifle. The recall took 8 business days door to door.

Didn’t notice any different parts but everything was real clean, including the bolt face and barrel. All the dust and grime from hunting season, gone. Looks new again!

The trigger doesn’t seem to feel any different than before the recall other than I had lightened it bit and it may have been set back now. The second stage still breaks clean, IMHO.

Need to remount the scope, suppressor mount, bipod rail and sling swivel socket and I’ll be back in business, sport’n a rather ugly new hat!
Glad it worked out and the trigger didn’t change in a noticeable way. You must be closer to the east coast. It took FedEx 8 days to get my rifle to Sig. I got a notice that they received it this morning.

Post Recall Update;

Put stuff back on the rifle, adjusted the trigger half a turn lighter and took it to the range. After zeroing a new Sig scope, started load testing. Need other options for powder and bullets during the current component availability shit show.

Only shot a couple boxes but happy to report that it still goes bang when the trigger is pulled and never when it wasn't and although not finished with load testing it still shoots good enough for hunting purposes.

IMG_1517.jpg

Last edited:
Post Recall Update;

Put stuff back on the rifle, adjusted the trigger half a turn lighter and took it to the range. After zeroing a new Sig scope, started load testing. Need other options for powder and bullets during the current component availability shit show.

Only shot a couple boxes but happy to report that it still goes bang when the trigger is pulled and never when it wasn't and although not finished with load testing it still shoots good enough for hunting purposes.

View attachment 7600890
Nice groups, with 168 Berger you must have a .308. I been using 140 gr Berger’s in my 6.5 CM.

How many days did Sig have your rifle. Sig received mine Tuesday morning and I have not heard anything back yet.

Did they communicate with you at all before they shipped it back?

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
I like the Bergers, just hope I can keep finding them.

Sig got my rifle on a Tuesday morning and shipped it back on Friday afternoon, so most of 4 days.

Just got a shipping notice from SIGREPORTING with the FedEx tracking number was all.

Just got my cross back from the recall. Trigger feels slightly heavier, but the one thing I notice right off the bat is that when I move the safety from fire to safe it hangs up. If the bolt is open or not fully closed, the safety is totally smooth.

Has anyone else experienced this on their rifle?

Just got my cross back from the recall. Trigger feels slightly heavier, but the one thing I notice right off the bat is that when I move the safety from fire to safe it hangs up. If the bolt is open or not fully closed, the safety is totally smooth.

Has anyone else experienced this on their rifle?
Yes. Almost like there's 3 positions now with a distinct position between safe and fire.

Reactions: alukban
Yes. Almost like there's 3 positions now with a distinct position between safe and fire.
Exactly. I am gonna call tomorrow and talk to them. It's not a deal breaker, but whatever they changed in the trigger assembly/bolt is binding the last part of the safety.

Wow, don't normally use the safety since the booger hook serves that function but will differently try it out.

Last edited:
Exactly. I am gonna call tomorrow and talk to them. It's not a deal breaker, but whatever they changed in the trigger assembly/bolt is binding the last part of the safety.
I hope that customer service can connect you to someone on the engineering team.

Since they need to remove the safety to replace the trigger module. It would be good to know if the tech assembled the safety properly or if it’s the result of the new recall parts.

I haven’t gotten mine back from Sig yet, but will check it when it arrives.

I hope that customer service can connect you to someone on the engineering team.

Since they need to remove the safety to replace the trigger module. It would be good to know if the tech assembled the safety properly or if it’s the result of the new recall parts.

I haven’t gotten mine back from Sig yet, but will check it when it arrives.
Yeah I am planning to request to speak to engineering. Especially if more of you guys have the same issue. After switching it back and fourth a bunch of times, I could live with it.

Loaded up my ladder test and shooting it Wednesday. Gonna be running 139gr scenars with h4350. I will report back what sig says tomorrow.

Nice groups, with 168 Berger you must have a .308. I been using 140 gr Berger’s in my 6.5 CM.

How many days did Sig have your rifle. Sig received mine Tuesday morning and I have not heard anything back yet.

Did they communicate with you at all before they shipped it back?
What kind of speeds are you seeing with 140s?

Reactions: Ed123hawaii