• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

and all credibility gone when the lowest mark is an A- and it gets an A+ overall

way to go cleckner

Yeah, the guy says and writes some goofy shit...

Rifle looks cool though. Looks like it could be a neat hunting rifle.

and nothing he's ever written about was something he got for free/paid trips from etc etc

Hi,

Just wait until the FTC investigators make it to the firearms industry in regards to social media, digital media, etc "Influencers" and penalize them for not following FTC Endorsement Guidelines.

That is a topic for another thread though, :).

Sincerely,
Theis

I wouldn't be surprised if the 277 Fury was remarkably like the 6.8x51:

View attachment 7204918

You are correct.
"but SIG says the Cross will also come in 6.5 Creedmoor and SIG’s new, high pressure, hybrid-cased 277 SIG Fury cartridge originally developed for the US Army’s Next Generation Squad Weapons program. SIG’s waiting on SAAMI approval for the 277 Fury and hopes to have it in time for the SHOT Show 2020 launch of the Cross."

Reactions: Bender
I own a Fix and like it a lot. Kevin can whine all he wants, but imitation is the finest form of flattery (unless it infringes patents), and competition is good, if done right. $1,600 is the estimated price (50% less than the Fix), looks like it takes AICS mags, has a quick-change bolt head and will take pre-fit barrels. Lose the dust cover, make sure its drop safe like 100x, and get the weight under 10 lbs, I'm interested.

If it does in fact cost ~$1600 then it's priced well and is probably pretty attractive to anyone who is interested in something like that. Personally though, just gimme the trick shit ammo and I'll build my own. Factory UL bolt actions don't interest me much.

I saw the write on Recoil, it looks awesome. If it’s light, it could be a pretty slick pack rifle.

What's going on with the barrel I hope it's at least lapped and stress relieved.

yeeaa.... im probably getting one in an 18" 6.5cm. Wish i had seen this before i just bought another Tikka for the same purpose this thing will be used for.

I have it on good authority that I'll be able to offer Tooley Bartlein barrels.
So if my math is correct Sig Cross plus two Tooley Bartlein barrels = one Fix

Ill be with Dave Tooley after the 1st at his shop. Im going to pick his brain about this rifle for sure. (hopefully he has one for me to play around with)

Has anyone tried to reload the new hybrid casing? Seems like a cool idea. Does it mean no more loose primer pockets and would it eliminate case head separation?

Reactions: MotorOilMcCall
Has anyone tried to reload the new hybrid casing? Seems like a cool idea. Does it mean no more loose primer pockets and would it eliminate case head separation?

Hi,

Notice the except as to where they say the Sig ammunition could be run in the standard weapons and not just the new NGSW??
That means it is not designed to run excess pressure in which the NGSW is built to run at.
The "clip" on the inside just may be a problem....only time will tell.

Sincerely,
Theis

Got my hands on one a few days ago at the range. A fellow range member who writes for Ballistic and a few other firearm publications had one that he was writing a review on. Figured now that it’s officially “out” I can talk about it.

.....it sucks. At least that’s my first impression. I wasn’t very impressed at all

It’s light, compact, and appears to be similar to an RPR. The only ammo they had was Sigs Elite Hunter but the gun didn’t shoot too good with that ammo.

I don’t see this being a big too applicable for a PRS scenario. Seems more of a “tactical rifle”

Thought they said price point was around $2000 but I see the recoil article says $1600 so that isn’t too bad

Got my hands on one a few days ago at the range. A fellow range member who writes for Ballistic and a few other firearm publications had one that he was writing a review on. Figured now that it’s officially “out” I can talk about it.

.....it sucks. At least that’s my first impression. I wasn’t very impressed at all

It’s light, compact, and appears to be similar to an RPR. The only ammo they had was Sigs Elite Hunter but the gun didn’t shoot too good with that ammo.

I don’t see this being a big too applicable for a PRS scenario. Seems more of a “tactical rifle”

Thought they said price point was around $2000 but I see the recoil article says $1600 so that isn’t too bad

This confirms it......

The Army will be ordering them by the thousands.

Another .mil/Sig contract coming up.

But how can that be? Ryan Cleckner gave it an A+???

What was it that sucked? Poor trigger? Clunky bolt manipulation, etc?

Reactions: deersniper
I have it on good authority that I'll be able to offer Tooley Bartlein barrels.
So if my math is correct Sig Cross plus two Tooley Bartlein barrels = one Fix

Awsome. I hope they still shoot great when I'm drunk at 1am and feel like going trolling on SH and tossing my integrity in the dumpster.

$1600 with a Bartlein barrel,

Sign me up

Just to confirm you're talking about aftermarket not factory barrels right? The rifles aren't shipping with B/T's?

What was it that sucked? Poor trigger? Clunky bolt manipulation, etc?

Yes and yes. It just seemed like everything else that has already been done. I guess the benefit is that it’s light and compact. Had a 18” barrel and folding stock so would make for a nice pack rifle. Maybe it was the ammo we were shooting but it did not group well at all.

Like I said in my above post, basically a crappier RPR. (I like RPR and think they’re decent rifles)

So nothing to really impress me or get me to say “wow”

“Introducing the .277 Anal Fury, the hottest new long range cartridge that nobody makes long range bullets for.”

Seriously, why in the actual fuck did Sig pick .27 cal bullets for their new chambering?

I guess it was the last touch of making a poorly done Fix knock off just a little gayer. Going the extra mile for the gay.

Coming up with a more advanced solution to bolting a traditional bolt action reciever into a chassis isn't exactly a knock off IMO it's the natural evolution of things. 60 years ago Stoner's design took American fighting rifles from actions which were bolted into stocks into an action that was internal to the rifle's structure. But now 60 years later manufacturers who do the same with bolt actions are coping Q's design lol. A copycat of an evolutional process in rifle design that originated 60 years ago in autoloaders or what's more likely is when a Fix owner see's the Cross at 1/2 the price of the Fix and envy sets in.

“Introducing the .277 Anal Fury, the hottest new long range cartridge that nobody makes long range bullets for.”

Seriously, why in the actual fuck did Sig pick .27 cal bullets for their new chambering?

I guess it was the last touch of making a poorly done Fix knock off just a little gayer. Going the extra mile for the gay.

Dude, take a break from being butthurt and do some research. SIG didn't pull .277 as a chambering out of thin air.

Sig's doing what the Army wants and is hedging its bets/using us as guinea pigs while the Army is fucking around with this project (which Sig is in) Pretty sure the 6.8 is the "go-to" as the compromise between 6.5mm and 7mm...I would not have been surprised if they went full window-lick and created a new diameter .274 since it's true middle ground. Read on here a long time ago that the 6.5mm bullets were not as friendly to the specialty stuff (AP, tracer, etc) due to its long and lean design. Not sure why the 7mm is overlooked...COAL issues? Not seeing the MV they want?

130ish grain .277 bullet going 3000fps out of a 16" barrel they say? What the hell is the barrel/throat life going to be on these things?

Sig's doing what the Army wants and is hedging its bets/using us as guinea pigs while the Army is fucking around with this project (which Sig is in) Pretty sure the 6.8 is the "go-to" as the compromise between 6.5mm and 7mm...I would not have been surprised if they went full window-lick and created a new diameter .274 since it's true middle ground. Read on here a long time ago that the 6.5mm bullets were not as friendly to the specialty stuff (AP, tracer, etc) due to its long and lean design. Not sure why the 7mm is overlooked...COAL issues? Not seeing the MV they want?

130ish grain .277 bullet going 3000fps out of a 16" barrel they say? What the hell is the barrel/throat life going to be on these things?

thats been a question of mine whats the barrel life? not here is my ignorance but how well is going to group ?

One thing I notice is that it looks like the bolt lift on the Sig appears easier than the stiff bolt lift on the Fix.

gif-1.gif

gif-2.gif

If you watch people running the bolt on the Fix many have to place their thumb on top of the bolt shroud to gain more leverage for lifting the bolt they also tend to break cheek weld alot and the front end of the rifle tends to move around sometimes the bipod even lifts off the ground which is going to cause you to have to rebuild your firing position in between every shot and is going to be slow and a PTA.

Last edited:
One thing I notice is that it looks like the bolt lift on the Sig appears easier than the stiff bolt lift on the Fix. If you watch running the bolt on the Fix many have place their thumb on top of the bolt shroud to gain more leverage for lifting the bolt they also tend to break cheek weld alot and the front end of the rifle tends to move around sometimes the bipod even lifts off the ground which is going to cause you to have to rebuild your firing position in between every shot and is going to be slow and a PTA.

View attachment 7205357

View attachment 7205372

The Fix has some rather obvious weaknesses and it looks like SIG addressed all of them at once. If the platform gets widescale aftermarket support it could really be impressive. There's no way I'm going to be an early adopter with SIG's history though.