• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Will be interesting to compare to my SSG 3000. Mine is german made but the us made one was a one of the best bolt precision rifle for the price IMO. Really looking forward to tey it out. Stock looks well thought out as well with enough room for rear bag.

If it really is $1,600.00 I foresee them selling a ton of them.

I hope they are accurate and the action is super smooth.

Reactions: deersniper
Kevin B is trolling tf out of Sig and recoil's IG posts. Called a consumer a dumbass, claiming they stole the idea from the fix, etc.

I don't understand how he can think taking a traditional bolt action which is an action bolted into a chasis/stock and making the action an internal part of the reciever is his unique and original design. That happened with autoloaders 60 years ago so I fail see how exactly the idea is his intellectual property.

20191218_233014.png

The M14 which again is an action bolted into a stock.

20191218_233300.png

The M16 that replaced the M14 which was an action which was internal to the reciever because that was one of the next steps in improving the overall design of a rifle and happend 60 freaking years ago.

20191218_232950.png

And there's Eugene Stoner again 60 years ago.

20191219_000822.png

Traditional Remington 700 barreled action and stock.

20191219_001321.png

And Q's rifle accomplishing what Stoner and others did 60 years later and claiming Sig stole their "innovation".

Last edited:
I don't understand how he can think taking a traditional bolt action which is an action bolted into a chasis/stock and making the action an internal part of the reciever is his unique and original design. That happened with autoloaders 60 years ago so I fail see how exactly the idea is his intellectual property.

View attachment 7205420

The M14 which again is an action bolted into a stock.

View attachment 7205421
The M16 that replaced the M14 which was an action which was internal to the reciever because that was one of the next steps in improving the overall design of a rifle and happend 60 freaking years ago.

View attachment 7205423

And there's Eugene Stoner again 60 years ago.

View attachment 7205426
Traditional Remington 700 barreled action and stock.

View attachment 7205427

And Q's rifle accomplishing what Stoner did 60 later and claiming Sig stole their "innovation".

Its even less innovative when you realize Q borrowed the action design from Merkel.

So who copied who?

Something else I noticed was that Sig's rifle has a better buttstock design. Sig's rifle's stock is rapidly adjustable on cheek height, length of pull, and buttpad height whereas The Fix's stock is completely non rapidly adjustable outside of buttpad height. This is actually a big deal for a lightweight field rifle where in the wilderness you maybe shooting off a rock, with the rail pressed into the side of tree, where uneven terrain is the norm at an up angle a down angle and everything in between. In these situations being able to rapidly adjust LOP and cheek height is sometimes the difference between having a shot and not being able to take a shot at all and as far as I know Sig's rifle is the 1st in this weight class to offer a fully rapidly adjustable stock.

Screenshot_20191219-004900.png

Screenshot_20191219-004913.png

Where I think this would be fun, would be a 223 or Grendel. A light rifle, that's easy to pack and can still take down small game or deer. 224 Valkyrie would be a contender as well, now that I think about it...
Give me that at 6lbs and make it easy-ish to install a custom barrel, and I'll gladly dump my 6.5G Ruger American in MDT chassis setup out the door. Unfortunately, if Sig is jumping on the .277 Fury train, I doubt we'll see much 6.5 Grendel out of them anytime soon.

My impression of this rifle is that it seems a little confused about what market it's going for. Weight and barrel length say hunting, styling says tactical, AICS mags says "long range".

Where I think this would be fun, would be a 223 or Grendel. A light rifle, that's easy to pack and can still take down small game or deer. 224 Valkyrie would be a contender as well, now that I think about it...

Yes! It would be a nice stick

My impression of this rifle is that it seems a little confused about what market it's going for. Weight and barrel length say hunting, styling says tactical, AICS mags says "long range".
Its in the name, its a crossover. As far as I'm concerned AICS is just standard bolt gun equipment, I wasn't aware it was tied to a single use category.

Its in the name, its a crossover. As far as I'm concerned AICS is just standard bolt gun equipment, I wasn't aware it was tied to a single use category.
The mass market prefers AR and SR-25 mags when possible. Ruger and Mossberg figured this out and sold a bunch of rifles doing so. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but it's a thing.

Sig would have been well-advised to have sucked it up and released a variant of this with a longer, heavier profile barrel, even if it meant gaining weight.

Now you're talking, 6-224V wildcat. MDT makes mags.

If this was a controlled feed, mechanical ejector, all kinds of fat boy (short and fat) cartridges would work great.

Reactions: Steel head
If this was a controlled feed, mechanical ejector, all kinds of fat boy (short and fat) cartridges would work great.

I still dream about a mag fed rifle designed expressly for shorter cartridges.
Short bolt throw, short mag, controlled feed and mechanical ejector.
I’d ? my credit card right now for it.

I still dream about a mag fed rifle designed expressly for shorter cartridges.
Short bolt throw, short mag, controlled feed and mechanical ejector.
I’d ? my credit card right now for it.

There's the Borden super short 6 action, which as far as I know is the only mag fed action specifically designed for the short fat 6mm rounds.

However I don't believe it's CRF or has a mechanical ejector. You can always get a Mausingfield and MDT 6BR mags - mine runs 6BRA like a well oiled sewing machine.

There's the Borden super short 6 action, which as far as I know is the only mag fed action specifically designed for the short fat 6mm rounds.

However I don't believe it's CRF or has a mechanical ejector. You can always get a Mausingfield and MDT 6BR mags - mine runs 6BRA like a well oiled sewing machine.
I do want a mausingfield but with a lapua boltface.
:)

Reactions: kthomas
The most interesting thing to me about the Cross is that it could potentially be chambered in 6.5 PRC or 6.5 SAUM since it uses AICS mags. However, I'll wait a year or two before buying one after Sig completes its beta testing with customers and has their customary "voluntary" recall for a safety issue or whatever.

Last edited:
The mass market prefers AR and SR-25 mags when possible. Ruger and Mossberg figured this out and sold a bunch of rifles doing so. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but it's a thing.

Sig would have been well-advised to have sucked it up and released a variant of this with a longer, heavier profile barrel, even if it meant gaining weight.

There is a tactical version supposed to be released later, I imagine a longer barrel and a few more tweaks.

Pretty sure you're thinking of NOBODY, he was from Alaska and that guy is a fucking legend. Not sure why people dislike people who keep it real and tell it like it is.

I think that’s him.
what was his name on the second hide?
Watched the video, ? that’s almost for sure him.
He definitely knew a bit about Idaho because he knew a lot about a river I fish there.

Hint,
He was Gwaddamnright on Scout, when he wasn’t hurting people’s feelings he actually had some pretty knowledge to share.
That’s it!
Really comparing him to KB was a disservice and for that I’m sorry.
I don’t mis KB.

He was hilarious. People are just too fucking sensitive. The snowflake bullshit is coming to the LR shooting scene now apparently.

If you think the "snowflake bullshit" is getting bad here I'll show you a Canadian forum that's 10x worse. It's like going in a time machine to ~15 years ago and you can't say anything without offending anyone.

If you think the "snowflake bullshit" is getting bad here I'll show you a Canadian forum that's 10x worse. It's like going in a time machine to ~15 years ago and you can't say anything without offending anyone.
I used to be on a glock forum.
10 years ago I was great.
Last 4 years till I got banned it was pathetic.

It's truly sad thinking about how society has come to a point where men are offended by mere words.