• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

I shot a Cross yesterday for the first time. I only shot a couple of rounds but the group was .4" at worst. I've shot a Fix and like the Cross better. For $1500 I think you're getting your money's worth.

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
I would much rather Sig focus on barrels and extensions than parts that will merely shave an ounce or two from the overall package. Fluted barrels and fancy grips that already exist are a distraction, seemingly at least, from the production of replacement barrels and parts that we will need to keep this rifle as a main stream option for the coming years.
I would also like to see the integral scope base become real as that would allow the replacement of barrels without removing the entire optics system, at least from the pics I saw.

I’m sure this has been covered in depth but what is the ideal ring height on the Cross?

I’m sure this has been covered in depth but what is the ideal ring height on the Cross?

I'm running a VX-5 3-15x56 on Vortex precision matched mediums which are .97" and I'm happy with it. Still waiting on Sig to give us the integral mount that replaces the top rail.

Reactions: Hondo1
A friend and I shot a few groups for kicks out of my new .308 Cross as we did chrono. For the very first rounds out of this gun, I’m very impressed.

180gr Black Hills Accubond.

p.s. don’t lose the little bolt catch spring under the scope rail if you take the rail off.

Attachments

• 5D4EA531-E053-4CDF-98FC-E58B6A0DC147.jpeg
    5D4EA531-E053-4CDF-98FC-E58B6A0DC147.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 0FD1BB2A-1ACF-4A86-A3CF-087807677B2D.jpeg
    0FD1BB2A-1ACF-4A86-A3CF-087807677B2D.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 255
  • F5B37927-4C7B-4175-AB2D-7A211116C560.jpeg
    F5B37927-4C7B-4175-AB2D-7A211116C560.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 255
Can anyone tell me how the lop is? I’d like to run my Bering super hogster on one of these but the eye relief is a concern. Hoping someone is able to spin up barrels soon. A 22-250 would be sweet

Update on schnees barrels

The first barrel order is in and it looks like they will be 2.5 months or so. Could be a bit faster. Here is what we are getting on the first batch. If you see one you want, shoot me an email and you can reserve it.

Pricing - All barrels will be $799 and come threaded, regardless of contour, length, etc..

Installation - Because SIG is unwilling to release some barrel extensions, you will re-use the extension off your current (OEM) barrel. They are very easy to remove and you can probably do it at home but any gunsmith should be able to do it in about 5 minutes or less. Then it's just a matter of installing the extension on the new barrel, installing back onto the rifle (also very easy) and checking headspace. Should really take 20min or less really.

If there is a specific barrel you'd like to order, we can get that going as well.

3 x 6.5 Creedmoor - 20” - 7.5” Twist - Sendero
2 x 6mm Creedmoor-20”-8” Twist - Sendero
2 x 308 Win - 20” - 10” Twist - Sendero
2 x 7mm-08 - 20” - 9” Twist - Lite
1 x 338 Federal - 18” - 10” Twist - Sendero

(yeah, we're going to try the 338Fed in this thing...should be an elk hammer)

[email protected]
Can anyone tell me how the lop is? I’d like to run my Bering super hogster on one of these but the eye relief is a concern. Hoping someone is able to spin up barrels soon. A 22-250 would be sweet
These guys above are doing barrels. There is another guy, can’t recall his pm, doing carbon barrels in this thread. Good luck.

According to my best Harbor Freight tape measure mine goes from 12 7/8" when fully collapsed to 15" fully extended.

Reactions: CStroud
Any word on being able to buy just the mag followers that come in their mag? Does MDTs 3rd AICS mag they made for their HNT26 chassis fit in the cross?

MDT claims the HNT26 uses normal AICS mags. I have a 10 round MDT plastic (https://mdttac.com/polymer-10-round-short/) and as part of the throw-everything-at-it testing, I made my Cross friend shoot it yesterday while he was load dev'ing over my magnetospeed. Once again, no problems at all.

My experience is the Cross is more reliable with my various and sundry AICS mags than my 700 chassis is with the same! I do keep forgetting to go the other way, see if the Sig follower solves my problems.

The only issue I’ve had with aftermarket mags including MDT is not feeding but loading a round with an empty mag. That weird follower helps get that bullet point up when single feeding.

Reactions: shoobe01
The only issue I’ve had with aftermarket mags including MDT is not feeding but loading a round with an empty mag. That weird follower helps get that bullet point up when single feeding.
Yeah I'm hoping sig will sell the special followers separate so we can drop them in extended mags.

They won’t be selling them separate but they sell a 10rd mag with the follower.

They won’t be selling them separate but they sell a 10rd mag with the follower.
yeah I just already had 10rd mags from a previous gun. Guess there isn't anything wrong with more mags. I wish they had come out with a flush 3-4rd mag instead of the 5rd similar to the ruger american mag or the new MDT 3rd mag.

Yeah I'm hoping sig will sell the special followers separate so we can drop them in extended mags.
Take the follower out of your 5rnd mag and use it in any compatible mag if you want, ie you can turn any magpul/equivalent high capactiy mag into into a hig capacity rnd "single feed" mag.

This requires the mag you are modifying takes magpul AICS followers, tho.

Anyone know where Dave Tooley is? I can’t seem to get ahold of him. I’ve emailed, called and PM’d with no luck. I want him to spin up a Cross barrel for me.

What does everyone's' Cross weigh scoped and fully loaded? I put a 3-15LHT and my suppressor and I am pushing 10lbs. I guess it all adds up, and is lighter than my old rifle all kitted out, but still not ultra light.

What does everyone's' Cross weigh scoped and fully loaded? I put a 3-15LHT and my suppressor and I am pushing 10lbs. I guess it all adds up, and is lighter than my old rifle all kitted out, but still not ultra light.
9.5 lbs with 3-15LHT, warne cantilever mount, sling (ferro slingster), and suppressor Nomad TI using area 419 hellfire direct thread mount.

9.5 lbs with 3-15LHT, warne cantilever mount, sling (ferro slingster), and suppressor Nomad TI using area 419 hellfire direct thread mount.
Yeah I had just reused a fairly tall ADM mount I had on a chassis rifle I sold. I ordered some lighter rings which should help. That one piece mount was a chunk.

Did you just use a Magpul QD Mlok socket for your sling attachment up front?

IMG_20200824_120026107~01.jpg

That's with my Nomad 30 and a Plan A mount. So about 5.5 oz lighter with my Nomad Ti and Ti plan A type mount ~ 8lb 14 oz.

Pretty light all up for what it is, but a hair over 2 lbs heavier than my Kimber Montana with can, lighter scope and sling.

Reactions: el-rey
Yeah I had just reused a fairly tall ADM mount I had on a chassis rifle I sold. I ordered some lighter rings which should help. That one piece mount was a chunk.

Did you just use a Magpul QD Mlok socket for your sling attachment up front?
In an effort to save some weight I just ran the sling through the handguard and stock using the trislides. At work now, I'll try and post a pic later.

Also forgot to add. I don't normally run the bipod on it, but if I do, it adds roughly an extra 1 lb to the set up.

Also forgot to add. I don't normally run the bipod on it, but if I do, it adds roughly an extra 1 lb to the set up.
Yeah that's not counting bipod. I'm going to try and leave the bipod at least in the truck this year and either shoot off my tripod or backpack. Plus I don't like it stabbing me in the back

After a long 10 year hiatus from precision shooting, I picked up a 6.5 Cross at my LGS yesterday to fill the gap.

I wanted a .308 for ammo commonality and because I'm well equipped for reloading it, so I called Sig on the way to get it to see if they had .308 barrels available and she said it'll be end of this year or early next year before they're available as caliber exchange kits.

I borrowed a Bushnell 1.1-6.5×24 in a LaRue mount from a 5.56 rifle, added a magpul bird mount, and a short picatinny mlok rail and it weighs 9.9 pounds. The picatinny section will allow NV interface.

I want to find some qd rings to use a 2.5-10 Nikon as well, mounted as low as possible. Anyone have tips on rings?

Last edited:
After a long 10 year hiatus from precision shooting, I picked up a 6.5 Cross at my LGS yesterday to fill the gap.

I wanted a .308 for ammo commonality and because I'm well equipped for reloading it, so I called Sig on the way to get it to see if they had .308 barrels available and she said it'll be end of this year or early next year before they're available as caliber exchange kits.

I borrowed a Bushnell 1.1-6.5×24 in a LaRue mount from a 5.56 rifle, added a magpul bird mount, and a short picatinny mlok rail and it weighs 9.9 pounds. The picatinny section will allow NV interface.

I want to find some qd rings to use a 2.5-10 Nikon as well, mounted as low as possible. Anyone have tips on rings?
Holding my breath on availability of caliber change kits. Still pissed over MPX. 😤😤😤

Reactions: thesharpest
I have the NF 2.5-10x24 that came off another rifle. I put it on my Cross for a little while and used Leupold Mark 4 Picatinny rings height - medium.

Midway has them on sale now for $118.99, product #579591. The scope sits a bit low, but no issues and the rings are good quality.

Man I really want one of these but I need another gun like I need a hole in my head. Just gotta keep telling myself the Christensen MPR 6.5cr in the safe shoots just fine.

I keep telling myself it would give me a reason to get back into shooting my 308win stash, i probably have the most components and shoot that caliber the least. A handy 16" 308 would be a nice truck gun.

I keep telling myself it would give me a reason to get back into shooting my 308win stash, i probably have the most components and shoot that caliber the least. A handy 16" 308 would be a nice truck gun.
Do it! You won't regret it. The cross is a really fun rifle to shoot.

Got one of these getting to my FFL today in .308, I’m pumped! I think I might rattle can it

Reactions: poznan85
Wonder if that includes a barrel extension? Seems like cannibalizing is everyone else's MO.

I think Dave Tooley said somewhere way back in this thread that he had gotten barrel extensions directly from Sig.

A thread I saw showed an action wrench for changing the barrel. Are those available anywhere?

I look forward to more aftermarket support. It seems like a quick change barrel design would be simple to devise.