• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Alright guys, the itch to modify/improve/change is becoming overwhelming. I have access to CNC machines and materials and I like to think I design pretty nice looking parts. Problem is, the Cross just doesn't need much! I was thinking extended throw safety levers would be nice...I've seen them referred to as "AR-style" but I'm assuming something is different. Anyone tried a safety swap?
Can you do a different cheek riser? I hate the cheap plastic one. Also machined bag rider would be nice. Anything plastic, figure out a machined aluminum part. K,thx,bye! 😂

AICS works but it doesn’t kick the nose up great like the factory follower does. It will feed ok.

The follower is just a built-in sled for single round loading. All of the rounds other than the last one are unaffected by the ramp, so any AICS mag will otherwise feed the same.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
Can you do a different cheek riser? I hate the cheap plastic one. Also machined bag rider would be nice. Anything plastic, figure out a machined aluminum part. K,thx,bye! 😂

My machined delrin bag rider is quoted further up this page and posted on the last one...while I would typically agree with replacing all the plastic with metal, a rifle like the Cross demands weight be prioritized! An aluminum version wouldn't be hard but would weigh approximately twice as much if made out of 7075. Could be a good excuse for some speed holes/skeletonizing but that may turn it from a bag rider into a snag finder!

I was thinking about something for the cheek riser but couldn't figure out how replacing that piece of plastic with a piece of metal would make my cheek more comfy lol. And again, it would be getting heavier. Someone earlier in the thread had a custom cheek pad made by Wiebad...I used their website contact form to ask if they saved the dimensions and could make me another and I haven't gotten any response. Time for a phone call I suppose.

Last edited:
Went to the range this weekend with some friends to prep for a class, and one has a 6.5 Cross. I made him shoot out of a couple of my mags, a normal Magpul 5 rounder, and a steel AICS 5 rounder. Just a few rounds but not a hint of a problem.

Reactions: khuber84
Someone earlier in the thread had a custom cheek pad made by Wiebad...I used their website contact form to ask if they saved the dimensions and could make me another and I haven't gotten any response. Time for a phone call I suppose.
I was the someone, you’ll have to call them. Also tried the contact form with the same result.

Reactions: InTuneGP
Had to break out the freedom stencils and do more painting over the weekend. Didn't come out the cleanest, but it does give good practice before moving to cerakote.
IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Yes, I used high heat paint for the barrel and the can, It's an easy way to keep a can looking new even its seen some heat.

Reactions: InTuneGP
Yes, I used high heat paint for the barrel and the can, It's an easy way to keep a can looking new even its seen some heat.

I'm thinking of doing a quick camo spray on my Cross before my elk/mulie outing this fall. Anything to look out for stripping the receiver down or is it pretty straight forward? When you're breaking down a gun for a paint job like this do you leave the scope in the rings and just take them off the rail?

What scope is everyone using on their cross? I had the vudu 5-25 on my cross for awhile then sold it, due to i didnt really like the md3. I am thinking of picking up the new vortex lht 4.5-22, but there is a limited amount of reviews being so new.

Shot a precision rifle class with my 6.5 Cross friend this weekend. He took it out to at least 1200 yds (14? I forget), but more reliable at .308 ranges with the 18" barrel, can hit much more reliably while supersonic, to around 1,000.

At further ranges he was also having to dial+hold. Ran out of elevation in the 4-20 ZCO. I skimmed above and not sure I missed something: can you replace the zero-MOA rail with a 20 MOA one? If not yet, do we expect SIG will sell that sometime? Any aftermarket ones?

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
What scope is everyone using on their cross? I had the vudu 5-25 on my cross for awhile then sold it, due to i didnt really like the md3. I am thinking of picking up the new vortex lht 4.5-22, but there is a limited amount of reviews being so new.

Ilya did a very good review on it, liked it a lot and not only was keeping it, but getting a second one.
That pretty much says, it's a great scope to go with for the class its in.

For the price that Liberty Optics is selling them for, it's really hard to find anything even close.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
I'm thinking of doing a quick camo spray on my Cross before my elk/mulie outing this fall. Anything to look out for stripping the receiver down or is it pretty straight forward? When you're breaking down a gun for a paint job like this do you leave the scope in the rings and just take them off the rail?
It come apart pretty easily, just take the time to knock out the roll pins on everything. The only thing that I didn't take out was the full trigger assembly. This is a picture of the disassembly that I do.

As for a scope, I'm running the Athlon Helos BTR 2 in 4-20. I'm not a scope whiz but I definitely like the features of this one. It will be my rifle for a mule deer buck and a cow elk this fall.

Attachments

• IMG_7616.JPG
    IMG_7616.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 254

It come apart pretty easily, just take the time to knock out the roll pins on everything. The only thing that I didn't take out was the full trigger assembly. This is a picture of the disassembly that I do.

As for a scope, I'm running the Athlon Helos BTR 2 in 4-20. I'm not a scope whiz but I definitely like the features of this one. It will be my rifle for a mule deer buck and a cow elk this fall.
I really like my helos 4-20. I put it on a 22lr, but I've been tempted to slap another on my hunting rifle.

I have a 4.5-22 lht. It's a good scope, has a few short comings, but for a light weight high mag ffp scope with a floating dot reticle, it checks a lot of boxes. Glass is excellent as if DOF, you loose a fair bit of elevation once zero stop is set, but you get 11.5 mils which is plenty for my hunting rig. The turrets aren't the best, but has a locking elevation and capped windage. The power rings stiff and would greatly benefit from a throw.
I picked up the Vortex LHT 3-15x42 last month, and wasn’t aware that this scope was going to be released. Had I known I would of waited for it.

I wanted a light weight FFP scope, in MRAD with that type of tree XLR reticle. It’s selling for $500 more, due to the reticle, but it would of been worth it.

I get 17 mils of elevation with out the zero stop. It would be around 11 mils with the zero stop installed. I can go down about 8 mils (below zero). So not going to get lost, and for now would rather have the extra 6 mils of elevation.

On the throw lever Vortex suggested a company called mkmachining.com. They make a polymer throw lever for the LHT scopes, that would probably fit the new model if Ocular lens is the same size.

Last edited:
Went with a Whiskey5 3-15x52, it’s about 7 ounces heavier than the Razor LHT, but I like the built in level function and it came with a coupon for a custom turret, so elevation settings are pretty quick.

Yeah I think I will be ordering the lht 4.5-22 for the glass and compact/lightweight aspect. I saw that the locking turret is pretty easy to push up and the clicks are not very tactile.

The locking turret on mine is reasonably firm. It's a pretty low pro turret, I personally don't see issues with it coming unlocked. However the locking turret on my 3-15x42 is a fair bit firmer to pop up. I've thought about swapping the o-rings between the two and seeing if it makes a difference. I did try swapping the elevation turret caps, and it was a no go.
How do the clicks feel on the elevation? I am seeing that they are not audible (which would make sense for a hunting scope) but are they tacticle enough? Thanks for the feedback, since there are not alot of real reviews due to it being soo new.

What's everyone doing for slings/carry straps? I moved the QD on the stock so that it's on the left and mounted a BCM low profile QD socket on the rail to use an old Magpul MS2 I have laying around but I'd like to pick up something specific for the Cross...this is my first rifle with a folding stock so I don't know if there's anything special to consider.

edit: It's going to be a hunting rifle for Colorado. Most of the time while I'm hiking it will be folded and carried on or in my pack but I do usually carry my rifle on a sling/strap quite a bit.

Last edited:
What's everyone doing for slings/carry straps? I moved the QD on the stock so that it's on the left and mounted a BCM low profile QD socket on the rail to use an old Magpul MS2 I have laying around but I'd like to pick up something specific for the Cross...this is my first rifle with a folding stock so I don't know if there's anything special to consider.
The 1 thing I feel like Sig missed is a qd spot at the hinge portion of the stock(like the krg w3 folder. This makes it so you can sling it folded.

I did the same thing as you with my cross/sling setup.

If I put a 20MOA scope mount on my 6.5 Cross and Vortex LHT 3-15x42 what issues will I have?

The 1 thing I feel like Sig missed is a qd spot at the hinge portion of the stock(like the krg w3 folder. This makes it so you can sling it folded.

I did the same thing as you with my cross/sling setup.

Same on mine, moved the qd mount and used a padded Magpul sling.

Agreed about being able to sling it folded. Guess I wasn't as far off as I thought. Would still be open to sling suggestions beyond Magpul if anyone has recommendations. VTAC has a lightweight lineup I was eyeballing and I've also heard good things about the Vickers sling.

Agreed about being able to sling it folded. Guess I wasn't as far off as I thought. Would still be open to sling suggestions beyond Magpul if anyone has recommendations. VTAC has a lightweight lineup I was eyeballing and I've also heard good things about the Vickers sling.
Up to your preference.

Vickers padded is great on heavy guns, I really like it. They also have an unpadded and either way would be fine on a light gun like this. Built like a tank and comfortable; good adjuster; feels better in every way than the magpul.

Ferro Concepts is good. Comfy and light, adjuster can take a quick minute of practice then you're set. I like the padded version.

Edgar Sherman is my favorite for lightweight guns with the best adjuster I've used, but if they haven't made a padded version I wouldn't use the regular 1" style on a hunting rifle.

Magpul slings are fine but they're my least liked sling. Huge, heavy, awkward adjuster.

The original VTAC slings have like 19 adjustment points that were made out of tie-down rings from HMMWV's. So much adjustment... so little time. I haven't seen their lightweight lines.

Proctor slings is another very lightweight option.

Something with a degree of padding would be good if you're carrying it a lot. I haven't seen a dedicated hunting sling that I like. They usually look like cheap items meant to be sold off a rack rather than used.

Reactions: Stoweit
Up to your preference.

Vickers padded is great on heavy guns, I really like it. They also have an unpadded and either way would be fine on a light gun like this. Built like a tank and comfortable; good adjuster; feels better in every way than the magpul.

Ferro Concepts is good. Comfy and light, adjuster can take a quick minute of practice then you're set. I like the padded version.

Edgar Sherman is my favorite for lightweight guns with the best adjuster I've used, but if they haven't made a padded version I wouldn't use the regular 1" style on a hunting rifle.

Magpul slings are fine but they're my least liked sling. Huge, heavy, awkward adjuster.

The original VTAC slings have like 19 adjustment points that were made out of tie-down rings from HMMWV's. So much adjustment... so little time. I haven't seen their lightweight lines.

Proctor slings is another very lightweight option.

Something with a degree of padding would be good if you're carrying it a lot. I haven't seen a dedicated hunting sling that I like. They usually look like cheap items meant to be sold off a rack rather than used.

Thanks for all the info! Vickers has been recommended by so many for so long it seems hard to go wrong there but I also like the look of the Ferro Concepts Slingster (adjustable/removable pad) and it wasn't on my radar before. Not seeing anything with a pad from Edgar Sherman.

I agree about dedicated hunting slings, the VTAC PES Ultra Light Hunting Sling is worth a look I think. Here's a video but I think this is the "old" version referenced in the description of the ultra light. Looks more useful than what's hanging on the shelf at Sportsman's or Scheels.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Before I get my hopes up and start scheming how to get one of these, what’s the consensus long term with this rifle, Will Sig keep producing them in 5 years or drop them for something else?

Last edited:
Before I get my hopes up and start scheming how to get one of these, what’s the consensus long term with this rifle? Will Sig keep producing them in 5 years or drop them for something else?
IMO, this is a very viable platform and I could see them continuing to make modifications/versions of this. I don’t think you can beat this rifle’s value for the amount of features it has.

Before I get my hopes up and start scheming how to get one of these, what’s the consensus long term with this rifle? Will Sig keep producing them in 5 years or drop them for something else?
I agree with @tenringx that the value/performance of the cross is impressive. I love my 6.5cm cross and have held sub 1/2 moa with it with handloads. The only other factory rifle I compare this to is obviously the Q Fix and the cross is 1/2 the price (i know some people also say the tikka tac a1 but i feel that rifle is still in a different class). If you want a lightweight hunting/long range target rifle the cross is imo the best choice.

Now trying to guess what Sig will do is another story.....

IMO, this is a very viable platform and I could see them continuing to make modifications/versions of this. I don’t think you can beat this rifle’s value for the amount of features it has.

I agree with @tenringx that the value/performance of the cross is impressive. I love my 6.5cm cross and have held sub 1/2 moa with it with handloads. The only other factory rifle I compare this to is obviously the Q Fix and the cross is 1/2 the price (i know some people also say the tikka tac a1 but i feel that rifle is still in a different class). If you want a lightweight hunting/long range target rifle the cross is imo the best choice.

Now trying to guess what Sig will do is another story.....

I agree with both of these guys. The only current competitors on the shelves are the Q Fix and Christensen MPR/MPP which are quite a bit more spendy and I think the Cross provides the most bang for your buck out of those three. Mine is a .308 and will shoot Nosler 168gr Custom Competition right around .5 MOA @ 100 yards.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
Just checking in again..

has anyone shot or chrono’d the “fury” high speed Ammo?

I’m still have a hard time finding a actual reviews from non “supporters”

thanks

Just checking in again..

has anyone shot or chrono’d the “fury” high speed Ammo?

I’m still have a hard time finding a actual reviews from non “supporters”

thanks
Joel from precision rifle network put a video out. It does nothing better than regular boolats. Can’t reload plastic case and Prs shooters don’t really need to save weight.

Reactions: brianf
Joel from precision rifle network put a video out. It does nothing better than regular boolats. Can’t reload plastic case and Prs shooters don’t really need to save weight.
was the speed there out of the short barrels or they fibbed a little, like most companies do

took a look, that is the plastic case ammo

i believe sig had ammo loaded hotter for the cross

Reactions: sleeplz
I almost bought one of the Sig Cross, ended up with a Bergara BMP... How does the Sig Shoot? Can't complain with my BMP shoots 1/2MOA with a custom 17 inch barrel. Shooting 6.5 creed 147grn tap ammo

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
Thanks for all the info! Vickers has been recommended by so many for so long it seems hard to go wrong there but I also like the look of the Ferro Concepts Slingster (adjustable/removable pad) and it wasn't on my radar before. Not seeing anything with a pad from Edgar Sherman.

I agree about dedicated hunting slings, the VTAC PES Ultra Light Hunting Sling is worth a look I think. Here's a video but I think this is the "old" version referenced in the description of the ultra light. Looks more useful than what's hanging on the shelf at Sportsman's or Scheels.
That VTAC looks like a nice sling, the only one i've seen with non-slip stuff in the pad. I'm curious what that extra tab is that they include in their slings that looks like a velcro wrap where it meets the sling webbing with a 6" tab extending out.

Quick adjustment. VCAS, VTAC, and a bunch of others now have this. You grab the tail and tug tighter or looser. Allows carrying (back or chest) comfortably, even when doing stuff like scrambling, climbing fences and ladders, and then you can just loosen it to bring to the shoulder, instead of having to un-sling entirely. Etc.

If they could do a 20-22” 6.5PRC with a proof carbon, under $1900- might be the best/most versatile rifles out of the box for long range and hunting.

I wanted that to work, but I’m guessing a magnum BF is out of the question, there isn’t a lot of room to open it up.

Quick adjustment. VCAS, VTAC, and a bunch of others now have this. You grab the tail and tug tighter or looser. Allows carrying (back or chest) comfortably, even when doing stuff like scrambling, climbing fences and ladders, and then you can just loosen it to bring to the shoulder, instead of having to un-sling entirely. Etc.
I'm not talking about the slide buckle, there's a webbing tail on there I'm referring to.

That VTAC looks like a nice sling, the only one i've seen with non-slip stuff in the pad. I'm curious what that extra tab is that they include in their slings that looks like a velcro wrap where it meets the sling webbing with a 6" tab extending out.

I think that may be just an elastic/velcro wrap for folding the sling over itself and stowing it tight against the rifle.

You'd have to point as I see nothing else odd. The adjustment strap/cord is usually called a "tail" when this style of sling is discussed.
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 17.08.14.png

Downstream from the slider with the cord tail (down, on the left side of the above) is the loose end of the strap which then can when it is adjusted become loose and floppy and snaggy. There's a keeper that holds it to the sling body. Here's a video about the VTAC generally.

The keeper is shown early on, and velcros closed around the sling body but is attached to the loose end. Kyle adjusts it a million times around the 30 second mark if you want to see operation, how this one uses the cord to loosen, the strap to tighten.

You'd have to point as I see nothing else odd. The adjustment strap/cord is usually called a "tail" when this style of sling is discussed.
View attachment 7691313
Downstream from the slider with the cord tail (down, on the left side of the above) is the loose end of the strap which then can when it is adjusted become loose and floppy and snaggy. There's a keeper that holds it to the sling body. Here's a video about the VTAC generally.

The keeper is shown early on, and velcros closed around the sling body but is attached to the loose end. Kyle adjusts it a million times around the 30 second mark if you want to see operation, how this one uses the cord to loosen, the strap to tighten.

Interesting, thanks for pointing that out, I haven’t seen that style before. Most slings use the slider for movement in both directions. That’s neat.

Looks like a new stock and handguard. Don’t worry, I’m sure none of the shit will work with the originals if Sig is still Sig.
B062F075-D0BF-4C21-87D7-20FCD576785E.jpeg

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Shot this for the first time today... I need to get a mlok to pic rail adapter for it, didn't realize there was no means to mount bipod.

20210828_161216.jpg

20210828_161305.jpg

Reactions: Dcubano
Looks like a new stock and handguard. Don’t worry, I’m sure none of the shit will work with the originals if Sig is still Sig. View attachment 7692896

Looks like possibly a full polymer lightweight hunting stock...the way the light is bouncing off that lower "rail"/frame it looks like injection molded glass-fill nylon but it could just be dusty or dirty or crappy annodization. No LOP adjustment but does look longer. Maybe not as good for shooting off a rear bag but I think you could still design a custom bag rider for that one. You can buy the hinge assembly on the Sig site now and if you were able to leave the hinge attached to the stock and swap back and forth with the single Torx bolt I'd be interested if it was significantly lighter. Even if it's still aluminum it looks like there's less of it there. Agree about Sig's reputation for changes but at least from what I can tell the hinge assembly is the same and should be interchangeable if they put that one on the market.

Also...did you mean pistol grip? That handguard looks the same as mine. Still waiting for a carbon fiber option from someone. Honestly I think releasing this rifle in full swing covid-land has been extremely detrimental to the aftermarket. It's odd to me that there's no one making anything for the Cross yet but I understand it...guess it hasn't proven it's place as a new platform in the market quite yet.

edit: Fuck me, that handguard IS different too. I don't have the little milled flat where the diameter increases and neither does the guy above me. Maybe it's a V2/spinoff.

Yeah, that’s the grip off the Rattler. Hand guard is shorter also.
084279E3-B2EC-405B-B312-D891D8055424.jpeg

New vertical grip...and detail of the ATX style front fore arm redesign

Untitled Image-1.png
1630250362084.png

Last edited: