• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

20220409_144514.jpg

Pig down in central California. I can honestly say that a red dot on a running hog works amazing. Loving my cross 6.5 with the BDX setup

Attachments

• 20220409_064717.jpg
    20220409_064717.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 20210730_171947.jpg
    20210730_171947.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 20220129_090846.jpg
    20220129_090846.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
What's the likelihood of a .223 Cross? It would only make sense to me which means a .300 BO would also be in the works if so

Which BDX scope are you using?
My main scope is the BDX6 5-30 x 56 but had to pick one up while waiting for that scope to become available. Got this one because it came mounted on the rings and was fully setup. Works well for hog hunting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-105859_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-105859_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 102
223 7” twist please and don’t constrain it with SAAMI mag box dimensions. The days of small mag boxes is over. The future is now.

223 7” twist please and don’t constrain it with SAAMI mag box dimensions. The days of small mag boxes is over. The future is now.
Unless they go with an AICS type as in Accurate Mag, it will be an AR based magazine, me personally for the intent of the gun it's fine.

I've been refining my 130gr TGK and 140gr Gold Dot loads with Starline brass (originally worked up with Petersen) the past few weeks, my rifle really digs those two bullets.
PXL_20220416_230401859~2.jpg

PXL_20220416_225701682~2.jpg

Starting a workup with 143gr ELDx, probably need to play with seating depths, but StaBall continues to impress me in the 6.5 Creedmoor (it was pretty disappointing in my 6GT).

PXL_20220416_225857215~2.jpg

PXL_20220416_230108142~2.jpg

I only took two rifles to the range Friday and managed to screw up and write the wrong rifle on most of my targets....

I thought I saw some pictures from a trade show a while ago that showed a long action version of the Cross that Sig is coming out with. I think I'd have to have a fast twist .280 AI, 18"-19" if they came out with such a beast.

As for a .223, It'd have to be AICS or bust, I'd want to be able to run the heavies or what's the point? .22 GT or BR would also be an interesting option though.

Probably not a ton but it looks super cool and you’ll have some cartridge options.

I don't remember the specific weight numbers and have lost the notebook but I do remember that when I weighed my 16" factory .308 barrel and new 20" 6creed Carbon6 barrel they were within 0.02oz of one another.

I understand the material differences between the bores of the two calibers between the 6Creed & .308 but I wouldn't expect Proof to be much different than the carbon6's weight.

Reactions: Drhorsepower
I'd be down for a proof 6cm barrel for my 9yo to hunt with. I got the 308win because I had a hole to fill, but I'd still be tempted to get a 6cm instead of loading 110-125gr bullets in the 308win. Don't ask why as I am fully understanding that no deer with in 100yds would ever know the difference.

There’s gonna be a larger magnum Cross, but I doubt a short mag ever shows up.

They actually already put pictures of the LA on their IG with some influencer a while back.

There’s gonna be a larger magnum Cross, but I doubt a short mag ever shows up.

They actually already put pictures of the LA on their IG with some influencer a while back.

I could use one of these, chopped to 18"-20" and suppressed for elk. WSM or SAUM would be good for me, or maybe the 7mm PRC will be available by the time these come out.

"SIG Sauer is the only manufacturer that has pursued and received SAAMI approval for their Next Generation cartridge, and it named the new commercial cartridge the “.277 SIG Fury.” While the commercial variant of SIG Sauer’s cartridge isn’t quite as high-pressure as the military ammunition, it was SAAMI-approved with a maximum-allowable chamber pressure of 80,000 psi. This is a historic moment in ammunition because, until now, the maximum allowable SAAMI-approved pressure was 66,000 psi!"

So the commercial variant is limited to 80k chamber pressure and the military version will be higher. This will provide a ton of reloading options with higher pressures and velocity will probably get pretty high. I can't wait for a proof cf 277 fury in 22 inch. I live in California so a suppressor is not an option for me.

20” 6.5cm CF and I’d think pretty serious about a new rifle…

Carbon barrels, and the 20" 6.5cr specifically, have been available for almost a year now. I can't say where, so my post doesn't get taken down. But a google search should bring it up fairly quickly. With the extra length and suppressor, I went from 2533fps to 2655fps, 140gr ELD-M's. Saved .25lbs as well.

Carbon barrels, and the 20" 6.5cr specifically, have been available for almost a year now. I can't say where, so my post doesn't get taken down. But a google search should bring it up fairly quickly. With the extra length and suppressor, I went from 2533fps to 2655fps, 140gr ELD-M's. Saved .25lbs as well.
Yea I actually saw that after I commented. How does that barrel shoot?

Reactions: Bozeman.Man

Have you heard any eta's for the extentions? That's the main reason I haven't bought one yet.

I wonder whether Proof will be able to offer extensions. It sounds like they will be available through other sources before too long.

Reactions: Bozeman.Man
I think I have my .308 Cross where I want it, at least for now. The current setup is with a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 F1 and a TBAC Ultra 7, Gen2. I set the trigger as light as I could get it. Right at 2.6 lbs. I'm really impressed with the accuracy of this rifle. Sub .25 MOA groups are the norm and cold bore is consistently 1 inch low and left. I'm really hoping for a quick release of the 277 Fury barrels and ammo. A .223 conversion would be great too! I am thinking about a desert GAP Camo paint job though.

KIMG1555.JPG

target_image.jpg

I hope somebody comes up with a steel bag-rider that fits the factory stock. Some of these guns could use a little rear ballast when a can is out front.

First time shooting the Cross, breaking the barrel in and sighting in the optic, absolutely loving this thing. Don’t judge me on the group, first time shooting beyond 50yds in ten years. This indoor 100yd range is perfect for sighting rifles in.

Attachments

• 42158615-A842-4B9B-9127-2730551075B2.jpeg
    42158615-A842-4B9B-9127-2730551075B2.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 228
First time shooting the Cross, breaking the barrel in and sighting in the optic, absolutely loving this thing. Don’t judge me on the group, first time shooting beyond 50yds in ten years. This indoor 100yd range is perfect for sighting rifles in.
Good looking stick. I just picked mine (.308) up last weekend.

Got the barrel broken in, but only got to fire 10rds after that before I ran out of daylight. Only got a rough zero, but the groups began tightening up really quick. 175gr GMM was looking very promising. Going to take her out tomorrow and check several different loads and get a good zero.

Good looking stick. I just picked mine (.308) up last weekend.

Got the barrel broken in, but only got to fire 10rds after that before I ran out of daylight. Only got a rough zero, but the groups began tightening up really quick. 175gr GMM was looking very promising. Going to take her out tomorrow and check several different loads and get a good zero.

Not going to lie, my first three shots were so far off compared to the bore sight laser that I brought it in from 100yds to 50yds to 30yds. 😂

My level of frustration was apparently hilarious enough that the range master walked over to see why I was so angry. 😂

Reactions: Rev68
Not going to lie, my first three shots were so far off compared to the bore sight laser that I brought it in from 100yds to 50yds to 30yds. 😂

My level of frustration was apparently hilarious enough that the range master walked over to see why I was so angry. 😂
I usually multitask. I’ll boresight/make minor sight adjustments while breaking the barrel, so zeroing is a little easier. I’ll typically break the barrel at 25m, get it close on paper, then step back.

Just so you are aware, some guys on here have been posting about rails being out of alignment with the barrel, causing a major shift in zero from what would be expected with a scope.

Reactions: Maciej and Rev68

I reckon I'd move the target back a little for the next group so you don't have to worry about catching it on fire with your muzzle blast. Safety first! :geek:

Is that a 6.5 or .308?

I reckon I'd move the target back a little for the next group so you don't have to worry about catching it on fire with your muzzle blast. Safety first! :geek:

Is that a 6.5 or .308?

😂 It’s 6.5

Here’s my sons followers on the hide!

So, I just got my Cross. I wasn't planning on it, but I wanted a 6.5 and have been exploring a lot of short, light rifles lately. It was a Cabela's demo model so a million people had handled it and I was a bit concerned, hoping they had one in the back, but nope. Fears unfounded. Unboxed, cleaned it up and mounted a VX-3HD scope which is perfect for whitetails up here. My rifle is great, smooth bolt, great trigger, great barrel, light weight, easily adjustable, feeds and ejects beautifully. A real winner. I should probably get an aluminum finish repair pen though.

My first set of 3-shot, center-to-center groups today went .462", .558", and 1.066" with Federal GMM 130gr Berger OTM and I fired off 3 Hornady Superformance cartridges with the 129gr SST at 2950 - those went into .574". I'm impressed, and those "regular velocity" 130s were a cat's sneeze in terms of recoil. I ordered a CHODE for it but it won't be here for a few weeks. It's nice knowing that my son will EASILY be able to handle this thing with a brake.

I'm pretty sold on this thing. I wish I could run a suppressor and I don't appear to have enough adjustment in the scope, but there you go. My first shots with the Cross were very satisfying. Such a cool rifle!

Tried doing a quick search. Could a proof tl3 barre be made to work with the cross. I’ve seen the print for the tl3 but I haven’t seen dimensions for the cross barrel. I do believe it was mentioned to be a 1in receiver?