• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Decided to coat a cross while doing Cerakote certification
1000002763.jpg

I mounted a NF ATACR 4-16x42 using a NF 20MOA Unimount, and promptly ran out of elevation adjustment while trying to zero at 100m (it's about 0.6 mil high). It definitely seems that these things have shipped with a 20 MOA rail, and not the 0 MOA that I assumed.
Old thread I know, but adding beta to this. I had same experience yesterday. New-to-me Cross, blindly threw a scope in a NF 20MOA unimount and headed to the range, and same experience.

Spoke with Odin Works on 29 March. They say they fell behind due to extensions so they are looking at May as an accurate timeline for barrel assemblies.

A new stock is in testing and pre-production from Made Rifle. Available end of May.

Disclaimer: I have received a few parts from them (safety selector, mag release, and grip) and done videos on my YT. I also visited them and went shooting with their founder in Canada. I paid for my trip. No money involved and they didnt ask me to post this.

432637278_250504091467819_3802197196592813848_n.jpg

Reactions: JMattJ and kthomas
Build your own, its easy... I'm running the Sig hybrid cases resized in 6.5 CM, 308 Win, 358 Win, & 8.6 Blackout.
The cases can be sized and reformed to anything with a 308 case head.
6.5 CM runs 140 match over 3150 fps with hybrid cases.
308 Win runs 200 SMK at 2900 fps, with long barrel.
Running these in Remington 700 actions, and Ruger precision rifle.
Already made in volume, I have about 1500 or more cases....and they are right the accuracy is great a bit down from the top.
Example, 6.5 CM is accurate at 2990 fps with 150 SMK...no use pushing to over 3050 area, if ya lose accuracy.

Reactions: JMattJ
Hopefully this helps someone: My Cross had a small amount of slop in the hinge. I figured out a way to make it lock up nice and solid. My original plan was to use a 4-40 set screw, but the tap broke. Fortunately, it broke at the perfect height and is just proud enough to take up the hinge slack and give a tight lock up.

IMG_2328.jpeg
IMG_2326.jpeg

Build your own, its easy... I'm running the Sig hybrid cases resized in 6.5 CM, 308 Win, 358 Win, & 8.6 Blackout.
The cases can be sized and reformed to anything with a 308 case head.
6.5 CM runs 140 match over 3150 fps with hybrid cases.
308 Win runs 200 SMK at 2900 fps, with long barrel.
Running these in Remington 700 actions, and Ruger precision rifle.
Already made in volume, I have about 1500 or more cases....and they are right the accuracy is great a bit down from the top.
Example, 6.5 CM is accurate at 2990 fps with 150 SMK...no use pushing to over 3050 area, if ya lose accuracy.
Have you run a 308 at shorter lengths with this brass? I was thinking 178s @ 2800-2900 from a 16" would be awesome.
What barrel length for the 6.5?

Reactions: 45-90
Have you run a 308 at shorter lengths with this brass? I was thinking 178s @ 2800-2900 from a 16" would be awesome.
What barrel length for the 6.5?
My bolt guns are 22 to 30 inches.
I do not run the 16" or 18" AR 10 to those higher pressures as the bolt guns..
But my light weight 6 lb 16" 308 AR 10 shoots 168 eldm at 2756 fps and 1/2 moa groups are available, with regular brass.

The 22" 308 runs 155 match at 3100 fps, with the hybrid cases, but I aint gonna cut it to 16" just to see what velocities are possible. It has a 9 twist and 22" makes it easy carry rifle with 200 gr SMK .715 BC at 2800 fps.

Do you know what an AW mag is? Does everything you just described.
I searched AW and a $93 magazine came up. I'd rather run an AR10 mag. Duramag makes a mag for like $22 that holds 20 rounds. 20 round mags don't typically get in the way of anything in the prone. I have a couple bolt guns with special mags and sometimes when a magazine is missplaced it's hard to find a mag. But double feed is nicer than single feed on any rifle that will reliably feed a double feed mag. The single feed mags are a pain to load. I realize most bolt guns can't reliably feed from a double feed mag so it's not an option for a lot of rifles.

Assuming it's the same trigger as the rest of the line, I find it to be pretty good in my plane Jane 308. I just picked up a Geissle SSA-E Xbow and after installing it and dry firing a few times, the first words out of my mouth were "hmm, feels just like my Cross trigger".

I’ve been looking at a Cross-PRS just as a cheap plinker. Are the triggers on these respectable? It’s my main reservation about picking one up.
I wouldn't call myself a trigger snob (Though I run exclusively Timneys and higher end TTs on my other guns). Never once have I shot my Cross and felt like it really needed an upgrade.

Reactions: Bluedog82