• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

will a 6.5 PRC even fit in the current Cross short action? i know they made it longer to fit longer rounds, but will it be enough for a 6.5 PRC? Also, the bolt will need to change so not sure about those details.
There was a video on YouTube where 3 guys got to go shoot a prototype 300WM in a Cross. They have it somewhere in the works I bet

Reactions: Dcubano
277 fURY IS NOW AVAILIBE!! Straight Jacket Armory is now offering pre-fit barrels for the cross in .277 fury. See the link below.
Nice, but would prefer not to have to sacrifice a barrel to pull the barrel extension and lock ring. Talking to you Sig. 😡😡😡

277 fURY IS NOW AVAILIBE!! Straight Jacket Armory is now offering pre-fit barrels for the cross in .277 fury. See the link below.

Haven’t looked at this round in a while. Are full power rounds, or load data for them, available? And would the straight jacket barrel actually be able to handle them?

There was a video on YouTube where 3 guys got to go shoot a prototype 300WM in a Cross. They have it somewhere in the works I bet
Yup, seen that video but that's the long action cross that is in development. I was wondering if the 6.5prc would fit in the current short action cross that i already own. I would probably choose that over a .277 fury if the option was there.

I wanted the Cross so bad and bought one in 6.5 Creed about 2-3 years ago, mounted a Primary Arms scope on it and then....never shot it. Not even once yet. :rolleyes:

Still no mention of a Sig cross in 300
Sig is pretty much the champion of vaporware. I can't even count on both hands the number of guns/variations their high end employees have stated at SHOT etc. that would be out on the market that never made it. We're talking heads of their production on video at huge events like SHOT/NRA Convention saying X is shipping soon, and never happened.

Never believe anything Sig says until it's on shelves, and then don't buy it until it's on at LEAST it's second gen. :)

The Cross loses a lot of it's appeal to me when you can't source barrel extensions.

Just got a 16.5” 6.5 creed heavy barrel from straight jacket put in. Will report back after I hit the range with it

Attachments

• 0011C46D-3CC7-472A-9517-1D270B59F2B5.jpeg
    0011C46D-3CC7-472A-9517-1D270B59F2B5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 390
Anyone have a camo colored one, or know if they are shipping yet? I've got one on order, and I'm getting anxious.
Hi, got a camo one .308 in germany, just around july, must be the first batch they shipped over here (black and 6,5 camo came earlier) . Put the order in around nov. 2020 :)
just did some barrel break in, looks very good. now looking for some time to play.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Hey all, Looking into a 6.5 cross for a lightweight first hunting rifle. Everywhere online and in my area show the going rate is $1,800. What else should I be looking at in this price range? I do like the thought of how compact the rifle can be with the folded stock.

Could this be the 1st Shiraz Moose harvested with the .308 Cross??? In Idaho.

Attachments

• 8bd6f292-66e7-47a2-ad66-4eab34fe8e0c.jpeg
    8bd6f292-66e7-47a2-ad66-4eab34fe8e0c.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Rev68
Original message:
Hey folks - Who would be interested in purchasing an action wrench for the SIG Cross?

I am talking about an honest to goodness tool, not an OUT OF STOCK fantasy that SIG or taconesports.com advertises for $175+. After days of trying to enjoy the "multi-caliber" concept that attracted me to the SIG Cross (see thread here), I have reached a point where I am ready to do something. Not to brag, but rather to establish my street creds ... I have three degress from decent schools (Mechanical Engineering BS from WPI, Engineering Mechanics MS from Virgina Tech, MBA from MIT) and have 30 years of experience including ~15 years of prototype development for the military (some for SOCOM).

Right now, I am getting the tools designed and a price quote for a limited manufacturing run, e.g. 6-24 pieces. The price will be below $175 and the tool will make a lot more sense than what I have seen available.

Any takers? If your would consider buying one, please like this post and I will use that to gauge interest.

Update (3/17/2023).
Please see the initial design concept below. My thought is to build a tool that leverages what many of us already have in our toolboxes where possible. The action wrench depicted in the image below would fit on the end of a 1/2" socket extension and torque wrench. The person using this tool would need a method to secure the gunbarrel (preventing it from rotating), such as a bench vise with soft jaws or a barrel vise.

Update (3/28/2023):
We are going to take measurements at the end of this week and get a prototype 3D printed to check fitment before doing detailed manufacturing drawings. If you would like one of these tools, please like this post and I will reach out to you directly. We can define pricing once we get a quote from a machine shop.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

View attachment 8098414
You're going to want to extend that bar 12" and put a flat on the end so you can mount the action wrench in a vise. Just my opinion.

I received, and installed, the Enhanced Magazine Release from maderifle.com (aka madexpro.ca). Took it to the range today for the first shots and first live feeding of magazines to check it out. So far, I like it. For the guys that have an aneurysm every time they have to put their finger in the trigger well this will be a good alternative. Also, their prices seem high because they are in Canadien dollars. Apparently being further north means you pay more. Strange. Anyway, here is my install video:
YT Video

Has anyone else noticed that there are at least two versions of the stock mag release and pin? I bought a replacement to fix a stubborn release, and the pin was significantly larger than the one in my original trigger pack.

We just released the full Sig Cross Custom package. We order the rifle and install the custom barrel and you shoot it. We have been getting so many wanting to upgrade that we just decided to save you all the time and do it all ourselves. "this does void the factory warranty" but we warranty all accuracy so no worries.

And its on sale now to say thanks!

https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/custom-sig-cross/

"this does void the factory warranty" but we warranty all accuracy so no worries.
I'm not sure this is really v very good sales ptich. SiG warranty service is actually very good.

But maybe i'm missing something and my sarcasm filter isn't working.....:ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure this is really v very good sales ptich. SiG warranty service is actually very good.

But maybe i'm missing something and my sarcasm filter isn't working.....:ROFLMAO:
Any aftermarket barrel voids the warranty sadly. So all these guys putting proof or anything else on voids it completely. I had to say that becasue sig sent me a letter to say i had to say it LOL

Any aftermarket barrel voids the warranty sadly. So all these guys putting proof or anything else on voids it completely. I had to say that becasue sig sent me a letter to say i had to say it LOL

If one cannot reliably source barrels or barrel maker kits, I doubt you can souce the components to the fire control assembly or whatever. I've seen them list spare bolts online, but they don't seem any more avaialble than the barrels. That's probably true for end users and barrel makers or whatever. Outside of the grips and magazines, there's a decent amount of non-lego parts on the cross.

Haven’t looked at this round in a while. Are full power rounds, or load data for them, available? And would the straight jacket barrel actually be able to handle them?
The pressure is fine, we made some changes to the support. Only issue is the sig ammo we tested had an ES of like 160 so reloading might be the key

Reactions: Greg M
The barrel should be no problem, I fired the high pressure loads with hybrid 277 cases in 2 different calibers, 308, & 6.5 Creedmoor resized, in factory and custom barrels SS and chrome moly steel. Don't need a 6.5 PRC or magnum with the 80,000psi cases and they are reloadable. I was shooting 140 gr at 3140 fps in the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Hey Nick - I bought one of your barrels for my Cross. It is terrific!

Any chance you know how to get an extra barrel extension? I noticed Proof is shipping barrels WITH an extension now.
I heard if you buy another Cross you get an extension for free... Proof gets theirs from Sig. They are the only ones so far.

Hey Nick - I bought one of your barrels for my Cross. It is terrific!

Any chance you know how to get an extra barrel extension? I noticed Proof is shipping barrels WITH an extension now.
Hey Greg this is cole. What I have heard is the extension is all that comes so you still have to use the same locking nuts from your old barrel. SO its nice to have the extension but you still have to take it apart. Thats what I have heard anyway, I havent seen a barrel yet to say for sure.

Hey Greg this is cole. What I have heard is the extension is all that comes so you still have to use the same locking nuts from your old barrel. SO its nice to have the extension but you still have to take it apart. Thats what I have heard anyway, I havent seen a barrel yet to say for sure.
Good catch. Looking at their site the pic shows exactly what you're saying.

Reactions: Greg M
We just released the full Sig Cross Custom package. We order the rifle and install the custom barrel and you shoot it. We have been getting so many wanting to upgrade that we just decided to save you all the time and do it all ourselves. "this does void the factory warranty" but we warranty all accuracy so no worries.

The website lists that you can order a short action cross in 338 Federal. I'm just wondering how well that feeds given the extensions are designed for .308/6.5.

Has anyone else noticed that there are at least two versions of the stock mag release and pin? I bought a replacement to fix a stubborn release, and the pin was significantly larger than the one in my original trigger pack.
Yes you have an earlier version gun. Old was .093, new is .125. You'll have to drill out the trigger guard and use the new pin.

What is the barrel life like on your .277 fury barrel?

Last edited:
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Update on my Craddock barrel, spun up on a Bartlein 400MODBB - it shoots. I’m not fantastic at printing bugholes, but at 100 yards, I printed four groups under 3/4”, in pretty quick succession (maybe 10 mins of shooting).

I first undertook this project because my stock barrel would walk like crazy under heat. This barrel is practically passive by comparison. Love it, and Paul is great to work with.

IMG_6959.jpeg

Just received my Cross in 6.5. Building it up for a hunting rifle and want to put a suppressor on it as well. Can anyone confirm for me if the 5/8x24 threaded is tapered? I'm wondering if I bought a Trash Panda to put on there if I could forgo using the Cherry Bomb. I've got a couple of Sandman suppressors already, but they are heavy and I want to get a direct thread for a lighter setup. Suggestions and thoughts welcomed.

Just received my Cross in 6.5. Building it up for a hunting rifle and want to put a suppressor on it as well. Can anyone confirm for me if the 5/8x24 threaded is tapered? I'm wondering if I bought a Trash Panda to put on there if I could forgo using the Cherry Bomb. I've got a couple of Sandman suppressors already, but they are heavy and I want to get a direct thread for a lighter setup. Suggestions and thoughts welcomed.

My Cross is in .308. Regardless, all of the muzzles are threaded for 5/8 X24 and there is a taper on the outside of the barrel behind the threads.

However, the rifle comes with a thread protector and a collar that matches the taper and goes behind the thread protector.

if you are using a suppressor manufactured by someone other than SIG, put the collar on then screw on the muzzle brake or the suppressor.

The SIG suppressor is machined to match the taper.

I don't have a SIG suppressor yet but have used an OSS suppressor with the muzzle brake. It now wears a direct thread suppressor. Both have been great so far.

My Cross is in .308. Regardless, all of the muzzles are threaded for 5/8 X24 and there is a taper on the outside of the barrel behind the threads.

However, the rifle comes with a thread protector and a collar that matches the taper and goes behind the thread protector.

if you are using a suppressor manufactured by someone other than SIG, put the collar on then screw on the muzzle brake or the suppressor.

The SIG suppressor is machined to match the taper.

I don't have a SIG suppressor yet but have used an OSS suppressor with the muzzle brake. It now wears a direct thread suppressor. Both have been great so far.
Thanks for the response. I noticed the collar on it when I took the thread protector off. It looked like a straight non-tapered thread itself, so I'm probably going to need a brake/host and then a suppressor. I think the Trash Panda comes with a Cherry Bomb so that would work, just want to keep it as simple as possible.

If you’re using a can with a hub mount you can also get a 5/8 x 24 hub adapter with a taper. Have one on my Nomad and works great on my Cross and 716 Tread.

It is 5/8x24 and tapered on the stock barrel. Just use the Sig taper adapter. It's cheap and light. I direct thread an Enticer S Ti on mine and it's stupid quiet and under 10oz. while being a solid value with exceptional customer service (unlike Dead Air).

Reactions: thebradleycrew
I heard if you buy another Cross you get an extension for free... Proof gets theirs from Sig. They are the only ones so far.
Actually, all you have to buy is another barrel from Sig, and the extension comes with it, already headspaced and torqued. The rep I talked to said they still haven’t released any extensions for retail sale.

Noticed these perusing Sig's site earlier today. No idea if it's the same as the original bolt supplied with the rifle but I bought one just to have a second. Says it's made for +P in .308 and 6.5CM, no mention of .277 Fury.

Noticed these perusing Sig's site earlier today. No idea if it's the same as the original bolt supplied with the rifle but I bought one just to have a second. Says it's made for +P in .308 and 6.5CM, no mention of .277 Fury.
308 and 6.5 CM at even plus p are much less than the 277 Fury, at 80,000 PSI. But bolt heads would probably work...at least for nonsustained use.
I have ran the hybrid cases resized in regular factory rifles chambered for both 6.5 CM & 308 at the 80,000psi one for around 400 rds... and 4 reloading cycles...hybrid cases still have tight primer pockets. The 6.5 CM gets really high velocities like 140s at 3150 fos in 24" barrel.
But I can't endorse doing so, as everything is kind of iffy and not recommended.