• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Spartan Precision Rifle biuld

RSCOT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Nevada
So I made the drive down to San Jose to drop off my box of parts with Marc Soulie and now the wait begins. This will be my third build with Marc and I couldn't be happier or more impressed with the two rifles he built so far and am expecting great things for this new build. Specs for the new build are: Defiance Deviant LA, Kreiger ss 26in 1:10 M24, Surgeon dbm, Timney, Badger brake and Manners T2A for a 300 Win Mag. Should be a nice Christmas this year.

Sounds like a nice build. Do you have any idea what it should weigh in the end? Have a similar build in the works now but Remington action and haven't sourced the barrel yet. Still a bit of a toss up with the contour. What bullet/powder are you hoping to run?

Sounds nice. Good luck with the build. I am thinking I might try to save weight a bit. In barrel weight with a med Palma. Going to try the 215 hybrids and retumbo.

He's building my .308 for me. I'm ubber excited to get it. They're awesome over there. Both Marc, Vic and now George. Best rifles builders ever!!!

Sent all my parts to Marc for my .260 build a couple weeks ago. He has been great to deal with. Can't wait to get the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds nice. Good luck with the build. I am thinking I might try to save weight a bit. In barrel weight with a med Palma. Going to try the 215 hybrids and retumbo.

I built my rifle with a Bartlein M40 profile and now that I've been screwed back together I notice all the extra onces. I built a copy of my rifle for my father but with a fluted Bartlein Whitley Palma and I really like it.... I know what I will rebarrel with when this one is shot out.

Mine in tan and Dad's in green. The barrel profiles are hard to tell apart at a glance but the "maneuverability" is better on the green one... in my opinion.

Last edited:
I built my rifle with a Bartlein M40 profile and now that I've been screwed back together I notice all the extra onces. I built a copy of my rifle for my father but with a fluted Bartlein Whitley Palma and I really like it.... I know what I will rebarrel with when this one is shot out.

Mine in tan and Dad's in green. The barrel profiles are hard to tell apart at a glance but the "maneuverability" is better on the green one... in my opinion.

Nice sticks. That's exactly what I was thinking I would do with my build. Either a med Palma or a fluted Whitley Palma. I would prefer the fluted Whitley Palma contour but will take what I can get. I have already gone the 18# rifle route and hope to avoid that this go around haha.

So I made the drive down to San Jose to drop off my box of parts with Marc Soulie and now the wait begins. This will be my third build with Marc and I couldn't be happier or more impressed with the two rifles he built so far and am expecting great things for this new build. Specs for the new build are: Defiance Deviant LA, Kreiger ss 26in 1:10 M24, Surgeon dbm, Timney, Badger brake and Manners T2A for a 300 Win Mag. Should be a nice Christmas this year.

How much does a setup like this cost?