• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Did not mean for my opinion to be construed as rumor. Reading it back it still doesn't sound like I'm spreading rumors. Why would you say that?
Sorry Philotimos. Perhaps I should not have quoted your whole post, or maybe could have broken up my response. I did not mean to imply that you were spreading rumors and in fact think that your post was quite reasonable. Don't take it personally that yours was the post that spurred me to opine out loud (if you will).

Patience is waiting for something to occur as promised. I put my money down and have contacted nobody about it since. Once September goes by with no communication, I will make contact and ask questions, but not before. And even if it is after, I will not be panicking and freaking out.

I actually laugh at most of these posts, especially the rumor-mongers and panickers. I mean, really people? Go back and read every other thread regarding the release of of new great scope (Beast and Vortex GII being most recent). What is the most common theme?

Two things. It takes time to bring out a good solid new product. And the chicken littles running around screaming "The sky is falling" and creating panic rumors.

It's funny really.

I feel for you if you ordered this scope with a set date that you just HAD to have it, but realize that you should have given it a bit more thought if that was your plan. Or maybe you should have ordered that other scope you had your eye on and is already out.

Yes, I would like to see it on my rifle as much as the next guy, but I'll wait.

Carry on.

Ok hot shot, how about you send me four thousand dollars and Ill send you my full custom build rifle. You will receive it in 3 days after I receive my payment. If for some reason you do not receive the rifle, just wait longer. I will communicate with you very openly until I receive your payment, after that I will communicate with you as I see fit. :)

You completely read into my post more then what it was. I'm not complaining at all, I don't NEED or HAVE TO HAVE it but it is completely reasonable for the consumer to at least question the status when there really hasn't been much updates since the original Steiner rep started this thread. I don't think it was smart either to let dealers start taking pre-orders if they didn't have a price scale or even a hint as to when they may arrive. That lesson should have been learned from Nightforce. Again, I'm not upset and I can wait, all I was suggesting is that it would be better that Steiner address the issue now if they know for a fact that they will not be able to make the first week in September deadline that they originally published and have maintained. It might rub some the wrong way and it might not, but it will at least show their honesty and candor which I think would go a long way in regards to their customer service and commitment to the community. Might I add that Steiner is partially to blame for. They know the game, you can't come out with a badass product, at a game changing price, give a projected date of release and not expect for consumers to be waiting on it. Best thing they could have done if they originally projected it to come out in September would have been for them to actually give a projected date of early 2015, and if they start releasing before then, then it makes it that much better.

As far as the rumor mill, that's the rep's job to address that IMHO. Steiner rep started the thread, let dealers quote prices, take orders, take money for those orders, so shouldn't they address that?

I've addressed it with my dealer, and I have no worries because he's a stand up guy and the only place I buy my optics from now, but he's getting his info from people at Steiner so that's why I feel Steiner should be the one to address it.

Last edited:
Sorry Philotimos. Perhaps I should not have quoted your whole post, or maybe could have broken up my response. I did not mean to imply that you were spreading rumors and in fact think that your post was quite reasonable. Don't take it personally that yours was the post that spurred me to opine out loud (if you will).

Last thing I want to do is be that guy. I truly believe these scopes to be worth more than they're priced and it's the only reason I mentioned pricing and believe what I do and would pay more without feeling regret. That being said some can look at it and not be as pleased to hear it. I apologize to anyone for making them feel like that and will make sure I will be more careful with my posts in the future.

Quickdraw40,

I'm not upset with Steiner and I'm not upset if I have to wait until the beginning of next year, It was a mere suggestion that Steiner address the issue now rather then later. I would assume that since they are not addressing the rumors then they are still on target for early September. Their CS seems excellent and I put good faith in them that they are busy working on making it happen rather then spending their time addressing rumors on the internet, however, its always better to address something before it happens if at all possible. If they know they are not going to make the deadline, then just let it be known. I just wouldn't want this to be another BEAST debacle.

If the scopes are not delivered to the retailers by September 30th, I will post an update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh man, here we go, Steiner would have been a whole lot better off if they just waited until they knew an exact date before posting as some will now question the September release. Nothing personal Quickdraw, and I'm sure you're doing the best you can, but saying,

"If the scopes are not delivered to the retailers by September 30th, I will post an update."

is not very reassuring for those of us that have a rifle ready to go and are waiting for these to become available. If it were me, (and I know I'm not you), I would press my Company for a worst case release date and then publish that, as then no one has anything to be upset about and can plan accordingly.

At this point, I don't feel comfortable banking on September 30th and will probably have to move on. I might however revisit for another build when these do become available, thanks

Exact date? How soon we forget the Schmidt 3-20 and NF Beast.

It's not "my company", I'm a sponsored shooter. I'm not sitting in on corporate meetings and able to forward insider information. I'm said a dozen times I know of NO scheduling changes, but all you hear is "we'll get an update on Sept 30 why we don't have them yet" when what I said was "if Steiner has not delivered on their targeted date, I will provide an update" . I would expect a thank you instead of "f. this, I'm gonna buy a NF". Good riddance.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I read the original post and it said "targeted on the shelf delivered date is September 2014". I didn't read that to mean September 1st, or 13th or 30th, just September. It is now the evening of the 2nd. I am just as excited to get my hands on one of these as the next guy, but I think we can all give them a chance before we just simply move on.

If the scopes are not delivered to the retailers by September 30th, I will post an update.

Fair enough :)

My local dealer hasn't forgot about the Beast issue. He chooses not to sell NF products any longer because of the run around he received. That's not a blow to their product, but it just put a bad taste in his mouth understandably and he didn't like it. He's yet to receive his Beast might I add, and he's a dealer.

Maybe the wait is a good thing? That new Vortex could get smoke checked by this new Steiner...personally why I am waiting for its release to make a final decision.

It's not "my company", I'm a sponsored shooter. I'm not sitting in on corporate meetings and able to forward insider information. I'm said a dozen times I know of NO scheduling changes, but all you hear is "we'll get an update on Sept 30 why we don't have them yet" when what I said was "if Steiner has not delivered on their targeted date, I will provide an update" . I would expect a thank you instead of "f. this, I'm gonna buy a NF". Good riddance.

I do thank you for keeping us in the loop as much as possible but that's the double edge you take responsibility of when you start posting and that sucks because all you were doing is trying to help and support your sponsor. Most here probably associated you as an employee of Steiner. I do appreciate the help though and if at all possible please contact them and see if the rep will come back and provide an update, good or bad just so people will know where they stand.

Last edited:
The update is they are in production and there are no changes as of yet.

I certainly didn't say "f this", or "I'm gonna buy a NF", so hope you're not referring to me. I want this thing, and I did think you were a Steiner rep or something (my bad) but just wish that companies (NF, Schmidt and to some extent Steiner and countless others in all kinds of industries) would stop hyping products up so much without having firm facts. Maybe that'll never happen as they know that the hype is what gets maximum sales.

Believe me, I hope/pray/wish that this does become available so I and countless others can buy one. Apologies to Quickdraw as like I said, I did associate him directly with Steiner, and as a sponsored shooter, I and others appreciate the "inside info", just have had my new GAP for about a week and am itching to get this thing on top of it! Might just have to buy the German Steiner...

The update is they are in production and there are no changes as of yet.

Thanks for the update, but I think you should skip them... This thread is getting entertaining.

On the count of 3, everybody PANIC...

1…2…3 - The Steiners aren't coming! We're fuckin' DOOMED!

Easy ladies, they'll be here when they get here.

Pusher has it right. It's completely reasonable to pay full price up front and expect a promised delivery date to be met, but that doesn't make it reasonable to freak out before the date that it won't be. The hand wringing Nancys need to have a drink.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I read the original post and it said "targeted on the shelf delivered date is September 2014". I didn't read that to mean September 1st, or 13th or 30th, just September. It is now the evening of the 2nd. I am just as excited to get my hands on one of these as the next guy, but I think we can all give them a chance before we just simply move on.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

You guys kill me. But, I'll wait patiently like some of the others. This will be my first scope purchase ever, let alone one that is $1900. But, I like what I see and I'm willing to wait. I've waited 10 months buying all my components for my M40A3 build, what's a few more???

You guys kill me. But, I'll wait patiently like some of the others. This will be my first scope purchase ever, let alone one that is $1900. But, I like what I see and I'm willing to wait. I've waited 10 months buying all my components for my M40A3 build, what's a few more???

i highly doubt u will be disappointed...i tried to buy the 5-25 model off the Steiner rep at the Hide Cup but he told me no cause there were only 2 in the country at that time lol worth the wait

After what I've read and what I've seen people say here, I have no doubts I'll like it. And I mean it about never buying a scope before. Not so much as a cheap $45 NC Star scope.

The 1st quarter 2015 delivery date would only possibly apply to the 1-5x series. Steiner's new channel manager has been super responsive for us and we are still on track for this month. He understands everyone wants the 5-25x and everything is on track. It will be a busy autumn for Steiner.

Please everybody, chill out. Let's stay the course.

Scott

But now what am I going to do with this gas can and effigy of a rifle scope?

Save it for the worst case scenario? lol

Until proven otherwise, I take a man's word on face value. Matt from Steiner is an industry veteran and he has done nothing but earn trust with us. We are excited about working with him and can't wait for these scopes like everyone else.

Scott

Wait a minute.... I am still confused. First of all if there is going to be a riot would someone please let me know in advance of the expected date, time, location etc. If we can't agree to that then why should we hold them accountable to the same standard?? On the flip side of that I have a Razor 5-25 that could get replaced or at least get a sibling if these are out as they say they might be.

BY the way if Steiner pulls this off before NF gets its act together, then I want a NF rep to put a dunce hat on while holding a Beast and publicly post the pic.

Wait a minute.... I am still confused. First of all if there is going to be a riot would someone please let me know in advance of the expected date, time, location etc. If we can't agree to that then why should we hold them accountable to the same standard?? On the flip side of that I have a Razor 5-25 that could get replaced or at least get a sibling if these are out as they say they might be.

BY the way if Steiner pulls this off before NF gets its act together, then I want a NF rep to put a dunce hat on while holding a Beast and publicly post the pic.

Riot at 12:59 September 30 at Steiner HQ. bring pitch forks, torches, and Obama stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In five years, who the hell is going to remember what month they were first for sale?

Last edited:
In five years, who the hell is going to remember what month they were first for sale?

I will, and I will tell my children and one day their children of the harrowing trip to the front porch to pick up the UPS box I had waited for for so long. The story will be passed on in myth and legend and one day form the basis of a cult religion.

You can always save it for the next scope release crisis. I heard the Countersniper 1-100x200mm is slated for release in the next month or three years.

You can always save it for the next scope release crisis. I heard the Countersniper 1-100x200mm is slated for release in the next month or three years.

I'm already in line for mine.

I'm getting irritated that I haven't gotten it yet....

I will, and I will tell my children and one day their children of the harrowing trip to the front porch to pick up the UPS box I had waited for for so long. The story will be passed on in myth and legend and one day form the basis of a cult religion.

Nice!!

^^^^^fucking hilarious^^^^^!

Que: music from the Hobbit or Lord of the rings.

Or

Normandy cemetery scene from Saving Rrivate Ryan "Have I lived a good life Betsy?"

^^^^^fucking hilarious^^^^^!

Que: music from the Hobbit or Lord of the rings.

If I look through the scope and the reticle looks like this I am sending it back.

sauron eye.jpg

Patience , patience , as always some very entertaining stuff . I'm sure Steiner wants to start selling product ASAP so as to be EVIL PROFITEERING CAPITALISTS trying to evade COMRADE obamas taxes for the 98%ers ( or maybe just the slacker voter base beholding to him ) . Either way I can wait !

After reviewing multiple Threads here and on other sites, I have decided to skip this offering even at the great price originally quoted. The issues with severe CA are very worrisome, since I have never had those issues with any of the other scopes I've owned. I know several people who had the "binding paralex" issues, but were eventually taken care of after sending teir scopes in for repair work (what a pain and again someting I have never had to deal with). The CS issues are also a concern, since no matter what you pay for a scope, you should be easily able to return it for a full refund. While Burris/Steiner USA seem to be trying to get their act together, they're certainly not there yet!

I have decided to be a guinea pig for the Tangent Theta TT525P with their mil reticle. It seems this company is doing what should be expected from everyone in the LR Shooting industry, as Lowlight has pointed out several times in this Thread. Orkan has never steered me wrong and he's convinced this scope is the real deal!

I'll let you know how it performs on my DTA A1. Look out paper and steel!!!!

PS Yes I have the funds to whatever will my shooting more accurate and enjoyable.

CA is not a concern any more or less than with any other high-end scope. The 'concern' was one owner with one scope who was satisfied with the replacement, let's not blow it out of proportion. I have shot over four dozen different Steiner scopes over the past three years and I have never noticed it. Steiner/Burris customer service is local and top notch. Don't make decisions based on a couple of impossible to please customers who can't wait to cry on SH, probably with alterior motives. Steiner/Burris has the best warranty in the business. You might be able to match them, but not beat them. Lifetime, transferable, no questions asked, warranty. You can't beat that.

Last edited:
CA is not a concern any more or less than with any other high-end scope. The 'concern' was one owner with one scope who was satisfied with the replacement, let's not blow it out of proportion. I have shot over four dozen different Steiner scopes over the past three years and I have never noticed it. Steiner/Burris customer service is local and top notch. Don't make decisions based on a couple of impossible to please customers who can't wait to cry on SH, probably with alterior motives. Steiner/Burris has the best warranty in the business. You might be able to match them, but not beat them. Lifetime, transferable, no questions asked, warranty. You can't beat that.

Man, I'm never going to get to use this gasoline and effigy of a rifle scope...