• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

I was scrolling through here again and was thinking that the reticle shown was the only 1 offered. I had a 4-16 in the G2B mildot. Will this be available in these scopes? If so these 2 scopes will have a new home on my 2 builds when they come out.

dan

Yes but most likely not until 2015.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If this will weigh less than the Vortex HD Gen II 3-18x then I'm all for it. It's cheaper too!

Im fairly certain it will be. These are not heavy scopes and we had several comments about its light weight over the weekend especially on the 5-25. Im hoping some of those guys will add their .02 worth.

I'm not sure I can think of another 3-15/18 scope that is pushing 3 POUNDS! Haha! Good to hear this design is closer to the realistic weight range of the other top 3-1x optics...

Is there a possibility that we can get a pre-order group buy going for SH members?

Also, please post more pictures of the scope. I keep looking at this thread for new info every 10 minutes, its making it hard to be productive today.

Haha. I have the 3-15 sitting right here. What would you like to see?

Oh and no group buy in the works. Probably not gonna happen this year at least.

I had a chance to first hand play with this scope at the Sniper's Hide Cup a couple of days ago. It is the real deal guys and a really good deal. The price point was what surprised all of us in the group. The turrets are easy to understand and have a good feel to them. The cool thing is when the numbers change on the second turn. I really like this scope and will be recommending this to my father.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a cross between a leupold, premier and a march. Still sweet little setup and has me thinking.

Any more changes to the MSR than just a thinner center?

Nothing other than thinning the center cross.

Last edited:
These, on paper, seem amazing. I just hope the weight isn't too much because I'm thinking this might be a nice hunting scope akin to the new Bushnell scope.

Just curious what weight you are looking for.

Last edited:
Is the current 3-15 too heavy? Just curious what weight you are looking for.

I'd like to see it come in under 30 oz. 24 oz I would flip out. This scope looks like an amalgam of my favorite parts of other scopes with a reticle that combines the best parts of other great ones without clutter.

It's a winner in features and price without question. Now if it's significantly lighter? Yowzers dude.

I will find out soon enough.

Last edited:
If the current weight of 920 grams - or roughly 32.5 oz - is accurate with respect to the current 3-15 model, I would say it'd be a tough go against something like the Mark 6 that is coming in at well under a half pound less than that. Are there gives and takes? Sure. I would consider the illumination a major advantage over the the Mark 6 as well as the price point. But if this optic was under 30oz it would be hard to beat IMO...

Haha. No problem. Ill get you guys some true specs in the AM.

If the current weight of 920 grams - or roughly 32.5 oz - is accurate with respect to the current 3-15 model, I would say it'd be a tough go against something like the Mark 6 that is coming in at well under a half pound less than that. Are there gives and takes? Sure. I would consider the illumination a major advantage over the the Mark 6 as well as the price point. But if this optic was under 30oz it would be hard to beat IMO...
+1 Illumination only cost another $1000 for the mk 6. That's reasonable don't you think? I'm really excited about these scopes coming to market!!!

I'd like to compare it to my Bushnell HDMR. I'm already liking the looks of this more than my Bushnell.

Just curious , since this was an American design will a MOA version be offered at a later date ? . Not that it matters , as soon as the MSR becomes available I will be purchasing one . Some people prefer MOA so I was just wondering MAYBE ???

We are planning an MOA/MOA version for 2015. The SCR-MOA reticle is already finished.

I had a chance to fondle this at the Hide Cup with the Steiner guys at their stage, its extremely nice. I'm not a glass whore at all, I know there are differences, but my needs for glass are modest and my eyes are not as keen to the differences as some people. That said, you see the difference with your eyeball behind German glass. I don't know how to describe it other than to say the image is bright, clear, and crisp compared to some of the competition's glass.

The turrets are slick. I like the lower profile. The scalloped knobs are easy to grab and the clicks are loud and distinct. All the turrets inner workings are sealed, which makes them sort of modular. If there were ever to be a problem or something gets banged against an obstacle in a competition, its as easy as removing the broken turret and installing a new one. I think! The reticle is cool and was designed with the competition shooters input and needs in mind. Its very uncluttered and minimalist in comparison to say, the MSR. It has what you need and not much of what you don't. The way the scope counts elevation is really cool. When you dial past the first rev it actually switches over and continues to count the mils as they are...so 13 isn't the 3 + 10 in your head, it just shows 13, simple. I like that.

The magnification ring is easy to grab and its about what you want in my opinion. It has some tightness to it that feels robust but it isn't so tight you need a strap wrench to move the magnification up or down. If I'm not misquoting I believe it is slated to ship with a throw lever included. That's a nice touch given you have to spend upwards of 50-75 bucks to purchase one for other scopes. The big thing is the cost. It's been mentioned in this thread already, and its extremely competitive. I think some other companies are going to see some of the 1000-2000$ dollar market sales eroding over this. Its German glass built to the same specs as the current line but not having to import everything actually saves them money. They can produce the same product in the USA for less! What's not to love?

I was able to check out their facility and I'm going to do a write up on that now that I'm home from the Cup but trust me when I say this is a first rate setup. They do everything in house so they can control the tolerances and the quality to meet their specifications. I was amazed at the emphasis on quality control and durability that is present in every stage of their manufacturing process. You can manufacture parts overseas for less money but its impossible to control the output. If you need more of something you can't walk into the next room and tell the guys what you need. If a shipment of scope bodies come in and they are out of spec it will be months before you can address it, have the errors corrected, the machinery retooled, the product produced, and then exported/imported all over again.

My only regret is I needed a scope for the Cup this past weekend and I couldn't wait for September to grab one of these. I don't know how I'm going to get my hands on one for the comp rifle build I'm planning but I'm going to scheme a way to do it one way or another!

Rich

I literally bought a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 a few days ago…Now I see this…Great price and FFP. I went with a SFP just to save a little cash and it's going on a hunting rifle so I have no problem dialing…This looks like a super nice optic, good price and every feature you could ask for.

The specs on paper for this thing look amazing. I hope it lives up to the Steiner name. If availability and durability are good, I can see a few of these in my future. I am excited for the MOA/MOA version.

Great looking scope! The reticle is awesome - I love my H2CMR and this looks to be a great alternative.

Do you have a UK distributor ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rich

I think you would have cleaned my stage with this on your 6.5. :)

Cheers I hope so really nice job you've done there ☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

25 meters for the 3-15 and 50 meters for the 5-25

Last edited:
I figured youd jump on this one Dave.

Haha no doubt about it! At that price, with that level of glass, more tactile clicks, friggin amazing warranty, one would have to be daft not to buy these new scopes.

This better not be some delayed April fools joke, but ima be PISSED. :p

I just finally read through all the listed specs so far... wow this baby has everything i want in a scope, even the locking diopter, zero stop, illumination AND it's gonna come in lighter than the current ones?!

This is so exciting! :D

I had the opportunity to get behind the 5-25 @ the cup this past weekend and simply put, I've been waiting on the Razor Gen II's to hit the shelf for quite some time, but after getting behind this I'll be going with the Steiner. I'm a current Razor 5-20 owner and have had zero issues with it, and I love the scope, but it's Heavy, and the turrets are fricken huge. I know they've changed the latter of those 2 things for the Gen II, but honestly, the Steiner hits all the marks, and carries a lower price point.

The glass is crisp and clear, adjustments are spot on, great feel to them and nice and low profile. They also are REALLY easy to read and will help prevent screwing up your dialing when you're on the clock. The scopes felt much lighter than the Razor I'm currently shooting, and quite honestly, the ONLY request I could come up with on it is a Horus styled/Christmas tree reticle but in reality the amount of times I've actually used mine can be counted on one hand, and many folks just don't like them.

As to the reticle shown on page 1, at first glance it seems a bit "busy" for not being something along the lines of a Horus, but honestly when you get behind it, it's very usable, yet not big and blocky at all. I think it would make a great hunting reticle as well, even thought it's pretty much designed for competition, because when you look through it vs focusing on specific parts, it feels a lot like a regular mil-dot without the big ass dots, but when you need to make a wind call it's pretty quick and intuitive to get where you need to be.

They thought this thing out very well, the little details really add up from the turret design, the reticle design, the locking ocular focus, tennebrex adapters built in, it's all there and in a powerful package at a price point that is flat out amazing. Then add in that there seems to be a good bit of goodies that will be in the box with it, it's the best bang for the buck I can think of.

Don't even get me started on the fancy RF Binoculars they had with them :drool.

Anyway, like I said, I'm sold on more than one Steiner product that's going to be hitting the shelves in the near future, now I just gotta save up the cash.

Shawn

Last edited:
Are they going to be available through stoeger in Canada (through red agencies to be exact).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Please be exportable to Australia...
Please be exportable to Australia..
Please be exportable to Australia.
Please be exportable to Australia!
Please be exportable to Australia!!
Please be exportable to Australia!!!

Export to Canada and Australia shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited: