• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Nice to see Steiner making Vortex's Razor II rollout look smooth...this thread and marketing campaign was not good. Some info, no info, miss info, relying on sponsored shooter to support a product that was still in development. Maybe the 'new low' price point is due to lack of marketing employees. Look forward to a real product debut and rollout. This comes across amateur and new company, not a top tier, experienced optics company. Trying to give constructive feedback, not toss stones...I'm a Steiner customer. This thread is almost 6 months old...

Sorry left out solution to the complaints: start a new thread with a rollout, professional pics, stats, price, and updates. This thread is a turd.

Last edited:
Nice to see Steiner making Vortex's Razor II rollout look smooth...this thread and marketing campaign was not good. Some info, no info, miss info, relying on sponsored shooter to support a product that was still in development. Maybe the 'new low' price point is due to lack of marketing employees. Look forward to a real product debut and rollout. This comes across amateur and new company, not a top tier, experienced optics company. Trying to give constructive feedback, not toss stones...I'm a Steiner customer. This thread is almost 6 months old...

I'll take it you're not familiar with the roll out of the NF Beast and SB 3-20?

Quickdraw, I look forward to those shots. Thanks dude!

Posts like yours are why its rare to get a company rep involved at all. Some people will bitch about anything. You've proved that. Even with frequent updates and responses people still walk into the thread after six months and start stirring the pot. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

I don't think your post is constructive. Take for example Apple who just released their iphone 6, do you realize that they had 0 marketing for that phone and specs on it were officially revealed only about 2 weeks before launch yet it's the most successful piece of technology launched in history? Everything was rumor and insider information getting leaked as far as details were concerned. Steiner has just implemented the same marketing strategy; it's a more common strategy than you think. A company giving details on a product it won't release for a long time only helps competitors and frustrates customers when changes are needed. If they say a September launch six months prior, come in in September and say almost guaranteed October launch for a better product than they had dreamed up 6 months ago, it's hard to complain that much. It could be much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy solution... Steiner can hire some people whose sole purpose is to answer the complain questions of whiners and increase their prices by 30%... then maybe the rollouts will be better... oh wait... S&B 3-20... Beast... Vortex Viper... we can go on and on and on. ;)

Again... CHEAP, QUALITY, FAST.... choose TWO... you can't have all 3 in this universe.

I'll take it you're not familiar with the roll out of the NF Beast and SB 3-20?

Quickdraw, I look forward to those shots. Thanks dude!

Yea...but I wouldn't rely on others failures and missteps to define success but would rather learn from their mistakes. We're awesome because we screwed it up less is not success, just saying. Start a new thread on the 'new rollout' with professional pics, true info, price, ano release. This thread turned into a turd.

Good God.....the firearms industry is filled with some of the most self important, entitlement mentality cry baby customers I have ever seen.

You'd think 16 year old girls were buying this shit.

Yea...but I wouldn't rely on others failures and missteps to define success but would rather learn from their mistakes. We're awesome because we screwed it up less is not success, just saying. Start a new thread on the 'new rollout' with professional pics, true info, price, ano release. This thread turned into a turd.

You can thank the guy in the mirror for that.

Easy solution... Steiner can hire some people whose sole purpose is to answer the complain questions of whiners and increase their prices by 30%... then maybe the rollouts will be better... oh wait... S&B 3-20... Beast... Vortex Viper... we can go on and on and on. ;)

Again... CHEAP, QUALITY, FAST.... choose TWO... you can't have all 3 in this universe.

Yes I'm familiar with CQF...didn't ask for the scope yesterday this is a INFORMATIONAL thread with the rollout of a new product. Just do it right rather than 'others do it this way'.

BTW...not crapping on the product, but to point out the problem with the rollout of said product. I like Steiner products as much as the next guy but things will not change unless there is feedback. Please start a new thread...

Re-Read the thread I woul be embarrassed if I was in Steiner management, started off with good intentions, but turned out not so good. Not stirring the pot...

Last edited:
You can thank the guy in the mirror for that.

Yea miss-information. I have been following this thread from the beginning, I'm still surprised it is still going. Frequent updates from Quicdraw to standby is not info. Y'all sound really defensive...relax, it's just a scope, what else is the internet for other than information. I'm looking in the mirror...and like what I see, not sure what that had to do with Steiner.

Yea miss-information. I have been following this thread from the beginning, I'm still surprised it is still going. Frequent updates from Quicdraw to standby is not info. Y'all sound really defensive...relax, it's just a scope, what else is the internet for other than information. I'm looking in the mirror...and like what I see, not sure what that had to do with Steiner.

I'll spell it out for you then. Its people like you with your little douchebag comments about lack of marketing employees and similar comments that make company reps say "Fuck it, why bother."

You haven't contributed anything worthwhile, you just stopped in to shit on the discussion. Do us all a favor and stick to flying and stop telling other people how to do their job.

Steiner could have just produced this and released it 6 months after announcement at Shot with no time table like everyone else. They didn't. They gave everyone at the Cup a hands on, developed the scope and features with community input, and set a goal for a release date, which by the way, they still haven't missed even though it was a target date and they admit they will be late. It's still September.

Nobody is defensive, we're just fed up with whiny bitches ruining the lines of communication with every company that doesn't live up to your entitled list of expectations.

this
Good God.....the firearms industry is filled with some of the most self important, entitlement mentality cry baby customers I have ever seen.

You'd think 16 year old girls were buying this shit.

I'll spell it out for you then. Its people like you with your little douchebag comments about lack of marketing employees and similar comments that make company reps say "Fuck it, why bother."

You haven't contributed anything worthwhile, you just stopped in to shit on the discussion. Do us all a favor and stick to flying and stop telling other people how to do their job.

Steiner could have just produced this and released it 6 months after announcement at Shot with no time table like everyone else. They didn't. They gave everyone at the Cup a hands on, developed the scope and features with community input, and set a goal for a release date, which by the way, they still haven't missed even though it was a target date and they admit they will be late. It's still September.

Nobody is defensive, we're just fed up with whiny bitches ruining the lines of communication with every company that doesn't live up to your entitled list of expectations.

Requesting a new thread is not "ruining the lines of communication"
Giving constructive criticism is not "whining"
Proposing a solution is not "telling people what to to and how to do their job"
My expectations are different than yours...I don't care
I will continue flying...thanks
Go pound sand your posts are not intimidating...
It's "people like you" with reading comprehension levels of a 4th grader difficult to communicate in this type of forum...
"Duschebag or Bitch"...Thats Captain Duschebag or Bitch
Page 18 shouldn't be the page to find out about a new scope...page 1 needs to be updated then

Last edited:

Sorry left out solution to the complaints: start a new thread with a rollout, professional pics, stats, price, and updates. This thread is a turd.

With due respect I am going to disagree with you.

Based on this thread, conversations with retailers and watching other releases I imagine what happened is that Steiner went to the user community to get feedback to deliver something materially different. As part of that product research phase I am sure there was an associated Q&A cycle that would lead many of the users to extrapolate what the feature set would be. This is a small community so keeping something new a secret would be tough. Rather than deny the obvious a perfectly reasonable marketing strategy would be to acknowledge the strategy, tease out some details and work to meet suggested goals (schedule, product scope and cost).

Intel used a version of this from very early on as a market leading defensive strategy to capture market share. They would develop a new processor, throw it over the wall, capture product feedback, start the requirements/design phase and announce, in general terms, what the next processor would do, cost and when it would be available. Given the 'time to market' advantage Intel would keep its market looking for the next great thing which would keep their customers from looking at its competitors products.

When I worked for Apple I cant tell you how many years we delivered crap software solutions/code that were late, didn't do as advertised, buggy and expensive. That too was an example of a defensive product strategy. One may not like that strategy. Fine....I could agree with that. Emblematically, I dont believe one can associate it with not being a strategy utilized by a 'top tier, experienced...company'.

Again, I dont think the Steiner folks looked at it this way. Regardless, they mapped to a solid marketing strategy whether they planned on it or not.

Requesting a new thread is not "ruining the lines of communication"
Giving constructive criticism is not "whining"
Proposing a solution is not "telling people what to to and how to do their job"
My expectations are different than yours...I don't care
I will continue flying...thanks
Go pound sand your posts are not intimidating...
It's "people like you" with reading comprehension levels of a 4th grader difficult to communicate in this type of forum...
"Duschebag or Bitch"...Thats Captain Duschebag or Bitch
Page 18 shouldn't be the page to find out about a new scope...page 1 needs to be updated then

Please. You came in with your nonsense free flowing and you aren't going to be able to defend it by calling it constructive. It wasn't. It was arrogant and judgmental and annoying.

"It's "people like you" with reading comprehension levels of a 4th grader difficult to communicate in this type of forum..."

I'm not the one with low grades in English showing.

“When Columbus lived, people thought that the earth was flat. They believed the Atlantic Ocean to be filled with monsters large enough to devour their ships, and with fearful waterfalls over which their frail vessels would plunge to destruction. Columbus had to fight these foolish beliefs in order to get men to sail with him. He felt sure the earth was round.”

So Steiner, went back, redesigned and improved their turrets and glass to better their product and will only miss their target release date by a few shorts weeks is unsuccessful? The scopes aren't even out yet. They could have released them by now but wanted to improve what by the few guys that have had their hands on them are saying is a great scope. Would you have been happy to have the first gen T5Xi now only to see everyone else that waited use the improved turrets and glass version? What would make you happy? Things like this happen all the time and your posts are reasons why this thread has fallen to "turd" level and why many other companies are hesitant to announce much.

Hey Quick or Steiner,

How would the glass on this compare to the older 3-12? I have one that will be finding it's way to me shortly. Going to run that until I can get the cash up for one of these bad boys.

From an outsiders perspective, and when I say outsider, I mean from Australia, I personally don't have any grievances with what Steiner has done and this is considering the new scopes won't make it to our shores for another 12 months at least. Keen shooters who like to do their research and plan their rifle builds/competition seasons are always on the lookout for the next new product on the horizon, and Steiner have given plenty of people on here something pretty damn nice to consider. Yeah, there's a few frustrated posts in here and that's inevitable when people want the latest information, but all in all, it's trivial given the delay of what appears to be anywhere from 4-8 weeks. Once these scopes hit the shelves and the tops of a few rifles, I'm pretty confident the end users will be grinning ear from ear, and so will Steiner.

I believe your intended post was actually counter productive. The thread was on track right before you posted. Way to go ACE!

Hey Quick or Steiner,

How would the glass on this compare to the older 3-12? I have one that will be finding it's way to me shortly. Going to run that until I can get the cash up for one of these bad boys.

I haven't spent enough time behind a new one to answer this. I will spend some time over the next month, but it's a prototype without the different coatings. Steiner/Martin can answer this better than I.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Seriously????

I would much prefer this, and the fact that Steiner announced and had a few of the prototypes @ SHC this year and let us all check them out, shoot their rifles and ammo with these scopes on them, and give me and anyone else that was there, a real chance to see, feel, and form MY OWN opinion on it before release. I would much rather handle a couple extra weeks of waiting for them to roll out having had the chance to actually shoot behind it than be left wondering what it might be like, and then just be able to fondle it in the gun shop before buying, or worse, blindly ordering it online and hoping it meets expectations.

99% of the info about the scopes is in the first 2-3 pages of this thread and if you need more info beyond that, you probably have some reading comprehension issues that have been clearly demonstrated by MANY people posting in this thread. The only things left waiting until this last week were final production updates/enhancements, and a more solid availability date, both given before the end of Sept, the target month for release. The whole "shit show" aspect of this thread is 100% the fault of those that can't keep their dumbassed yaps shut and want to stir up shit, speculate about things they don't know anything about, and spread rumors for the sake of being a jackass.

I currently don't own a single Steiner product, but this scope is on the short list for my next one, and I've already settled on their LRF Binos for next year once my annual bonus comes through. Both items I probably wouldn't have even considered before having met Martin, and some of the other folks from Steiner @ SHC and their willingness and preparedness to let me really play with them and make up my mind. They let the products speak for themselves and I didn't hear a single comment from Martin bashing a competitor. That means a lot to me and he's earned my business.

You know what I am beginning to find interesting? Even with all the crap, whining, bitching, moaning, agita, concern, patience and anticipation expressed in this thread, there is one thing that truly was accomplished. Through this whole time period, this thread has been alive and busy. Thus keeping interest in these scopes going and bringing it to the attention of even more people than it could have had it died after providing clear, precise and 100% accurate information right up front in post #1.

I have to agree with Pester that this could be the best marketing model of all.

Personally, I was hoping that you would all just go away so that I could have mine sooner. :)

Glad to know I only needed to read page 18 of 20 to find out what's going on Sport.

True the thread is 20 pages long, but if you took out all the "why isn't it out yet" and "boy Steiner sure dropped the ball on this one" posts it would be about 4 pages long. And, your post didn't really add anything to the discussion. Starting your first post in this thread comparing this release with another companies "failure" probably didn't get you off on the right foot. Just sayin

Last edited:
True the thread is 20 pages long, but if you took out all the "why isn't it out yet" and "boy Steiner sure dropped the ball on this one" posts it would be about 4 pages long. And, your post didn't really add anything to the discussion. Starting your first post in this thread comparing this release with another companies "failure" probably didn't get you off on the right foot. Just sayin

Thank you. Jr probably wont get it.

I wasnt on the market for a new scope, but I am going to buy one of these new Steiners simply cause they pissed this watchpilot guy off. It is my way of showing support for their having pissed him off, intentional or not.

i was sold as soon as i saw the new reticle. stiener glass is awesome. so i have no problem waiting on the new scope. some of the comments on this thread are just asinine bullshit.

keep up the good work , stiener..can't wait to get the new scope.

Personally speaking.....I think Steiner did a great job rolling out this scope. I think they did a good job of dropping the right bugs in the right ears, then they went to work and got the product delivered pretty damn close to the promised date.

Parent company Burris Optics, rolled out the XTR II's at Shot Show. They said they would be on the shelves in March or April. I paid for two 1.5x8's back in April.

Being a dealer I had the inside track to a dealer sales rep. I was promised my scopes in May, June, July, and finally got them the last week of August. I missed a half dozen big 3 gun matches that I really wanted to use these scopes at, including the week long MGM Ironman. Talk about frustrated!!!

But they are here now. The Burris is a great scope and all is forgiven. I have no doubt this Steiner is going to be a great optic, and I think they have handled the rollout just fine.

Water off a duck's back Steiner guys. We appreciate you!

Last edited:
A little later than expected, but done right is better than making a date with something that isn't to your standards.

I was hoping to get my hands on one of these sooner rather than later, but we don't always get what we want and a little patience goes a very long way.

Thanks for all of the quality information and honesty, that goes a very long way in my book.

So did I miss where they gave an updated release date?

Steiner Rep said on page 18 that they should start shipping in 3-4 weeks, and all of the first batch should be out the door to dealers by end of October without any unforeseen setbacks.

Last edited:
Steiner Rep said on page 18 that they should start shipping in 3-4 weeks, and all of the first batch shoukd be out the door to dealers by end if October without any unforeseen setbacks.

Good deal. Thank you sir.

I'll be waiting too, but a month gives me enough time to take my scope cash and buy something else now! Looking at the bright side, ha ha!

Just so it's clear, the reason we even bothered to mention this scope to you guys back in May was because we wanted it to be seen at the Cup as well as the NorCal match. The scope was designed around the feedback we received from you guys, the shooters. It was a good time for us to get additional feedback and see if we hit the mark. The one thing we didn't want was for there to be too much mis-information floating around about some mystery scope we were working on. Yeah, I know. Mis-information on the internet never happens but you never know. In the end if we are criticized for missing our targeted release date by a couple of weeks then I think we can live with that.

Is the info about what the + in the center subtends to? I know it definitely looks a lot smaller than what's in my current MSR steiners which will be awesome! I've got a gun or two right next to me waiting on these optics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the reticle pics.

Opps, looks like they're already up.

Me LIKEY!

Last edited:
To Steiner. I'm not asking when the scopes will be released, but rather when can we expect a review?

Is the info about what the + in the center subtends to? I know it definitely looks a lot smaller than what's in my current MSR steiners which will be awesome! I've got a gun or two right next to me waiting on these optics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

.030 mils on the 5-25

.040 mils on the 3-15

An extra 3-4 weeks for better glass coatings is A-OK in my book. Everyone was wondering if the glass would be up to snuff with the Military line, so if this thing holds up mechanically it will be a game changer in the scope market like I said. I may not be able to do just one…like pringles! Is the first batch all pre-ordered or could a local CO boy get a hold of a 5-25?

If you will be at the 2014 Precision Rifle Series Finale match this weekend, DTros (Dorgan with Team Steiner) will be shooting a 5-25 prototype and I will be shooting one at the ThunderBeast Team Challenge in a couple of weeks. Find us and check them out.

Sounds good I'll take you up on that see you in NM.

Steiner scopes are awesome, I just got a G3 4-20x50 for hunting, you can not find better glass for the money.

I was thinking off getting the same scope..wonder how it compares to the 4-20x50 weaver tactical I have