• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Just so it's clear, the reason we even bothered to mention this scope to you guys back in May was because we wanted it to be seen at the Cup as well as the NorCal match. The scope was designed around the feedback we received from you guys, the shooters. It was a good time for us to get additional feedback and see if we hit the mark. The one thing we didn't want was for there to be too much mis-information floating around about some mystery scope we were working on. Yeah, I know. Mis-information on the internet never happens but you never know. In the end if we are criticized for missing our targeted release date by a couple of weeks then I think we can live with that.

Don't let these guys get to you Martin. I was so impressed with the scope in NorCal that I stepped over more expensive prize table items for one of the certs you so generously donated. I reconfirmed how good it is when Dorgan was sporting it at the PRS Finale this last weekend. You all have hit a home run, and are making sure it is just right before it is released. I'll be patiently waiting for mine, and will be buying another for my trainer shortly there after. Keep up the good work and know that Dorgan and RJ are representing you very well even if Dorgan enjoys eating crayons and licking windows from time to time :).

Thanks for the hard work,
Tyler Frehner

k96gbs.jpg

Dorgan ready for the Precision Rifle Series Finale! (I don't think he's taking the snot rag....)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There should be some pics posted quite soon. I gave a factory tour to a couple of Hide members today and they were snapping away pics left and right. I'm sure you will see plenty of pics when they get a chance to post them.

Just spoke to Dorgan also. He is going to post some pics and a write-up from the Precision Rifle Series Finale.

Just throwing this out there. I've owned a Steiner and liked it but when I asked about having the SCR reticle installed in my M model my mind started changing because of the answer I got. I ended up trading it away with no regrets. Not gonna lie, I love the look of the SCR reticle and a co-worker does to. I've emailed them twice and called twice regarding a mil discount. Both times I called they answered and were polite and said they do offer one but referred me to someone else for more info. I got voicemail both times and left a message with my number and question. Its been well over a week and still no call back or email back. I asked the rep and he said he would look into it. The next day he said something would be put on the website in a few days. Thats fine but it feels weird that its that hard of a question to answer and that it would take that long to shoot an email or make a 2min phone call to me. My co-worker has since placed a Gen 2 on order....

Being a new scope, perhaps they hadn't finalized MIL/LE pricing yet...

Kinda impatient, I don't understand all the "If I don't get an answer immediately I'm buying something else" posts. If they aren't going to be on a shelf till mid/late October what difference does having the price now make? Especially since you typically have to order direct to take advantage of those discounts and not go through a dealer.

Did you get a discount on your Gen II?

Being a new scope, perhaps they hadn't finalized MIL/LE pricing yet...

Kinda impatient, I don't understand all the "If I don't get an answer immediately I'm buying something else" posts. If they aren't going to be on a shelf till mid/late October what difference does having the price now make? Especially since you typically have to order direct to take advantage of those discounts and not go through a dealer.

Did you get a discount on your Gen II?

Yes he did, I didnt order anything yet. Steiner is not a new company, the M models were sold on Promotive at a good discount to LE/MIL. I personally wouldnt think the discount would be different for a new scope? Do you? Most companies offer a % accross the board and nearly anyone that answers can tell you what it is. Also as far as they know I wasnt even calling about the new scope, just a MIL discount.

The thought series with the SCR are completely different scopes designed and built in house in Colorado. The M series are made in Germany on a whole different line so I don't know how easy to add the SCR to your current model as the parts are probably fairly different.

If you are Military sign up for promotive and search for Steiner.

I was told today they do offer a discount but it's not significant. The info is probably not out for all of the reps ar customer service since they are not officially released yet. If you're purchasing baised on a discount that's pretty stupid the new scope is cheaper than most other brands discounted optics and honestly they don't have to give anyone a discount. I also qualify for discounts but I don't generally asking for one and get pissy if I don't get one.

I'm sure Steiner Optics can get you squared away if you PM him and ask.

Last edited:
Yes he did, I didnt order anything yet. Steiner is not a new company, the M models were sold on Promotive at a good discount to LE/MIL. I personally wouldnt think the discount would be different for a new scope? Do you? Most companies offer a % accross the board and nearly anyone that answers can tell you what it is. Also as far as they know I wasnt even calling about the new scope, just a MIL discount.

You are correct, I suspect it will be similar to what's offered on the M series on Promotive. I think it probably would be similar across the board. So why are you bent out of shape that they haven't confirmed what you can probably already guess?

Do us all a favor and take a deep breath and don't get pissy about discounts on a forum, okay? Don't wreck the discount for everyone because you want what you already suspect spelled out on a carved tablet delivered by a guy with a beard in a robe before the scope even hits the shelves.

As I said in the first post, the rep here has been helpful and Im sure he will continue to be. I kinda felt like the lack of communication wasnt very good. Im sure it would be a lot better if you called with a problem, surely they would call right back to help? I guess looking at it now a guy asking about a discount is low on the priority list. They are probably so swamped that they just havent had the time to get back with me. Also, there is no "getting pissy" about a discount. If a company doesnt offer one its never stopped anyone in our group from making a purchase.

I was just there today and I can tell you they are REALLY busy preparing for the TX5I release. The discount program is probably lowest priority under getting them out to the general public willing to pay the perfectly reasonable full price.

Then why were you quick to point out your coworker has since ordered a Gen 2 Razor instead? That came across as pissy to me and everyone else judging by the other comments. Either way, if he wants to spend the same amount (or more if not discounted) on a scope made in Asia good for him.

Last edited:
Right now the times for a backorder from Vortex is being quoted to get here around Feb. Everyday he waited just pushed it back further. Call one company and get a direct answer, call another and not hear anything for a week (by now Im pretty sure there wont be a call back at all) Which way would you go? I liked your first post up until the part about being stupid about buying based on a discount. He is pulling every dime he can together to get as nice of a scope as he can, so if you think a discount doesnt matter than your full of shit and have more money than most of us in my group to spend on a hobby. Again, the discount wasnt the gripe, the communication was. Also Im sure he will love his Gen 2. I may hold onto my Premier just a tad longer....

They are going to have to fill orders to distrubtors/dealers before they worry about putting it on Promitive. Don't expect them to be on their anytime soon.

As I posted in this thread some time ago: When I talked to a Steiner Rep I was told they expect these scopes to be on promotive 1st qtr of next year. I would expect sometime in Feb.

Joined the hide just because of this thread. First post. Looking at the 5-25 as possible candidate for my Barrett M82 A1. Is it rated for this application? Also considering the new Vortex razor gen II and NF ATACR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now the times for a backorder from Vortex is being quoted to get here around Feb. Everyday he waited just pushed it back further. Call one company and get a direct answer, call another and not hear anything for a week (by now Im pretty sure there wont be a call back at all) Which way would you go? I liked your first post up until the part about being stupid about buying based on a discount. He is pulling every dime he can together to get as nice of a scope as he can, so if you think a discount doesnt matter than your full of shit and have more money than most of us in my group to spend on a hobby. Again, the discount wasnt the gripe, the communication was. Also Im sure he will love his Gen 2. I may hold onto my Premier just a tad longer....

Don't get me wrong a discount is sure nice but it is not something I ask for or even request most the time when it is available. I'm no rich guy and work a ton of overtime to afford my toys. I just don't see why I even deserve one over anyone else just because of the job I CHOSE to do but I very much appreciate it when I do get one. I don't know maybe I've just been around too many jerks on the job that gave me a bitter taste about requesting it even when I know it is offered. I had a coworker once go woah this is wrong I see something missing here when we got our dinner check one night and he embarrassed the crap out of the nice new waitress that didn't know any better as it was her first week. Then he leaves a poor tip because he is mad about having to ask for a stupid discount.... It happens on both ends both Mil and LEO and it's sad.

I get you being upset over not getting an answer but over something silly like a discount on an already awesome priced scope is just like the my coworker at dinner. If they didn't give you an answer for for a repair I would get being pissed and not wanting to buy a certian brand but I'm sure Steiner would take care of you with their no bs warranty if that were the case.

Just food for thought the discount from Vortex is off of factory msrp correct? That would put you in the same ball park as the Steiner within $200 and probably exactly the same price if they get back to you about a discount. Plus, you or your coworker would have it well before you ever see that vortex.

Honestly I have no dog in this fight and if you want a Vortex, S&B, Bushnell or anything else I hope you get exactly what you want and are pleased with your purchase. After getting the privilege of getting to see their operation first hand I'm very impressed with Steiner and want to support a company with American employees producing and American designed scope at a great price point. Their operation is not overly large and they are building them all by hand so give them a break it's an incredibly busy place at Steiner/Burris right now.

AZGEEK I just got to see how they torture test the scopes as they treat the scope like a hammer. Recoil on your Barret will not be an issue after what I witnessed.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong a discount is sure nice but it is not something I ask for or even request most the time when it is available. I'm no rich guy and work a ton of overtime to afford my toys. I just don't see why I even deserve one over anyone else just because of the job I CHOSE to do but I very much appreciate it when I do get one. I don't know maybe I've just been around too many jerks on the job that gave me a bitter taste about requesting it even when I know it is offered. I had a coworker once go woah this is wrong I see something missing here when we got our dinner check one night and he embarrassed the crap out of the nice new waitress that didn't know any better as it was her first week. Then he leaves a poor tip because he is mad about having to ask for a stupid discount.... It happens on both ends both Mil and LEO and it's sad.

I get you being upset over not getting an answer but over something silly like a discount on an already awesome priced scope is just like the my coworker at dinner. If they didn't give you an answer for for a repair I would get being pissed and not wanting to buy a certian brand but I'm sure Steiner would take care of you with their no bs warranty if that were the case.

Just food for thought the discount from Vortex is off of factory msrp correct? That would put you in the same ball park as the Steiner within $200 and probably exactly the same price if they get back to you about a discount. Plus, you or your coworker would have it well before you ever see that vortex.

Honestly I have no dog in this fight and if you want a Vortex, S&B, Bushnell or anything else I hope you get exactly what you want and are pleased with your purchase. After getting the privilege of getting to see their operation first hand I'm very impressed with Steiner and want to support a company with American employees producing and American designed scope at a great price point. Their operation is not overly large and they are building them all by hand so give them a break it's an incredibly busy place at Steiner/Burris right now.

AZGEEK I just got to see how they torture test the scopes as they treat the scope like a hammer. Recoil on your Barret will not be an issue after what I witnessed.

Good post. I read most of these threads and laugh at the BS, then I went and got myself pulled into it. I get what you are saying about the discount and my Steiner came through Liberty Optics with no discount other than his great price. My whole deal was the communication, not the discount. Maybe I had bad luck when I called but it just didnt sit well with me or my buddy. I'm pretty sure Steiner will sell a shit ton of these and I'm also sure that they wont be hurt by any of the guys in our shooting group not buying one.

Thanks Coloshootr. I would have a total of 30 mills at 25x (24+6 on the reticle) correct? Obviously more at lower magnifications. Guess that is the only down side compared to the others. But what a great problem to have! Features and price, this thing can't be touched!

There should be some pics posted quite soon. I gave a factory tour to a couple of Hide members today and they were snapping away pics left and right. I'm sure you will see plenty of pics when they get a chance to post them.

Martin,

Thanks for the tour today! It was a very educational experience, and we're both thankful for the time you spent with us this afternoon.

For those of you who don't live close enough to drop by Steiner's facility here in Colorado, I'll give you my perspective:

1) A lot of thought went into this scope, and it really appears to be a great optic. I think it will be very well received when it comes to market in the near future. The T5Xi does a lot of things very well in my opinion: the turrets, reticle, and overall design features are all well thought out, and built into a sleek and functional package. It's also poised to enter the market at a very attractive price for this level of scope. To say the least, it is a heck of a lot less expensive than the S&B I'm currently running, and is built locally (here in the USA) using the German glass we've all come to love.

2) Martin and the rest of his team were great people to learn from. They're a real class act, and I'd feel very confident in buying any product that they put together. We pretty much got to see every aspect of the manufacturing and assembly process of these scopes, and it's impressive to see how much work goes into producing the final product.

3) For those who seem to think that this scope isn't made here in Colorado, I can assure you that you have somehow been misinformed on this subject. While the glass is brought in from Europe, the scope is very much a locally produced product.

Unfortunately my bizarre work/play schedule has kept me without any sleep for nearly two days now, so I won't be posting pictures tonight. However, I will add some pictures to this thread tomorrow, as Martin mentioned in his post.

Re the 3-15 vs 5-25, in terms of physical size, are they same length from the turret to the ocular? Or is the 5-25 longer?

3x-15x50mm

- Length: 13.1 inches
- Weight: 29.8 oz.

5x-25x56mm

- Length: 16.6 inches
- Weight: 32.9 oz.

As stated on Opening Post by Steiner.

Re the 3-15 vs 5-25, in terms of physical size, are they same length from the turret to the ocular? Or is the 5-25 longer?

I believe that was answered previously and they said the 5-25 is slightly longer, I think that has to happen because of the magnification range, the caming component that guides the lenses forward and back to change magnification has to be longer to allow for additional movement on the 5-25 over the 3-15

I believe that was answered previously and they said the 5-25 is slightly longer, I think that has to happen because of the magnification range, the caming component that guides the lenses forward and back to change magnification has to be longer to allow for additional movement on the 5-25 over the 3-15

They look real close from what I see in the pics. Contemplating different mounts.

Thank you. The heavier specs are a welcome in my book.

Guess it depends. If the increased weight represents a more robust, capable scope I agree, if they just hung some fishing weights from it for kicks I will be ticked.

CS Tactical has it listed on their site as "coming soon" but with specs listed showing 25.6oz. Still leaves me wondering what is the actual weight as I'm guessing CS may have taken their data from the posts in this thread prior to the edits on the opening post.

Steiner Optics - can you please clarify. thanks.

ixw7d2.jpg

Sighting in for the Team Match in a couple of weeks with a couple of prototypes. I really like the reticle and turrets!

I'm sure this was already asked/answered, but is it a locking ocular adjustment? Your pic makes it look like it is... and I'm really hoping it is!

Never understood why scope makers think a quick adjust is needed there...

Yes and grooved for Tenebraex scope covers which will be included. ☺