• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Im eagerly awaiting the release of this scope; about the CA... I looked through a Steiner 5x25x56 that a sponsored (by Steiner) competitor at a PRS match I attended and I didn't notice any CA. The image was slightly blurry toward the very edges of the sight picture but was otherwise fine. I like the SCR reticle because it places the .1 mil graduations closer to the center of the reticle where the sight picture will be the best.

I'm no optical expert but that was my experience with Steiner, it looked like most of the guys there had Steiners.

For those of you with a lot of experience with their line of scopes: how is the eyebox? Are there any changes that were made to the T5Xi other than the improved turrets, and new reticle?

The turrets are lower, the double turn indicator is new, the power ring level is visible from prone, the ocular adjustment is locking, shorter, lighter, price, cut for tenebraex scope caps which will be included, USA-made, German glass, etc, etc. All I can think of right now off the top of my head... Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The turrets are lower, the double turn indicator is new, the power ring level is visible from prone, the ocular adjustment is locking, shorter, lighter, price, cut for tenebraex scope caps which will be included, USA-made, German glass, etc, etc. All I can think of right now off the top of my head... Hope this helps.

I have owned a lot of optics in the 15-25x power range. IOR, SWFA, Vortex, Weaver, Trijicon, Lupey, USO, SnB, Premier, Khales, Bla and bla bla…. List goes on.

My Steiner's are as good as the come. The 16x FF, Mil, Mil dot is about the best value anyone could get right now. The glass on all my Steiners 25x scopes has been great even stacked next to my SnB and Permier. So I have high hopes for this next offering, wondering how they are going to do considering the supposed value price? Will they really sell for that price? Lot's of questions to be ratified.

I have owned a lot of optics in the 15-25x power range. IOR, SWFA, Vortex, Weaver, Trijicon, Lupey, USO, SnB, Premier, Khales, Bla and bla bla…. List goes on.

My Steiner's are as good as the come. The 16x FF, Mil, Mil dot is about the best value anyone could get right now. The glass on all my Steiners 25x scopes has been great even stacked next to my SnB and Permier. So I have high hopes for this next offering, wondering how they are going to do considering the supposed value price? Will they really sell for that price? Lot's of questions to be ratified.

If they do sell for the price suggested, this scope will be a no brainer for anyone wanting to shoot at comps and be competitive with other peoples gear without spending too much money.

I like the reticle, the turrets, and if the eyebox is very forgiving like quickdraw says, it's definitely the scope for me.

Can't wait for mine to get here! Love my old school 5-25x56 msr steiner and love the new reticel and especially the price point!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quickdraw thanks for keeping us informed Im super excited for these scopes!

If the glass is like the older 5-25x56 models then CA shouldn't be an issue. The ones I own or have owned all are/were great optics. The only thing I would personally like but is not a deal breaker by any means is a floating center dot that subtends to 0.05mil. Just something about that dot that helps me focus quicker and maybe it's mental but I don't find my self trying to steady the gun as much to keep the reticel still while in an odd position.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The prices dealers are listing for the 1-5x is $2000+. Was the $1299 price at the beginning of the thread a joke?

The first sign of internet life......Though pricing is still a ?.......Eurooptic..Steiner T5XI Riflescopes for Sale! is taking Pre Orders. This is GOOD news!!!!! Hopefully pricing remains close to what was projected, no matter what they will be worth every penny. And it begins!!!!

Last edited:
That must be the German 1-5. The US 1-5 isn't going to be more than the 5-25. I don't think there is any 'official' pricing on the US scopes yet.

I went to the quick link for europtic and got the old price to be determined information ! , to be determined by who ?
Quickdraw40 you seem to have more information than most , please let us know Steiners pricing as soon as you find out yourself .
Thanks !

First post says $1,299, I don't know of any changes to this.

Ummmm..... I'm not sure how I missed this.

Seems like there must be a catch. How could they provide that much scope for less than a Gen I Razor?

Whatever it costs that elevation turret is genius.

Seems like there must be a catch. How could they provide that much scope for less than a Gen I Razor?

The gist I got was they are avoiding a bunch of costs associated with producing the scopes in Europe by bringing them over here.

They may also have a lower markup than Vortex. They make less money per scope, but it could still be in line with how much they are making on the MSRs, and they are hoping to out sell Vortex.

aw fuck, whenever I see this thread jump to the top of the list I'm hoping someone is saying "they're here"!

The gist I got was they are avoiding a bunch of costs associated with producing the scopes in Europe by bringing them over here.

They may also have a lower markup than Vortex. They make less money per scope, but it could still be in line with how much they are making on the MSRs, and they are hoping to out sell Vortex.

They even have the exact same warranty terms as Vortex. It looks like these guys are trying to jump into the market in a major way.

aw fuck, whenever I see this thread jump to the top of the list I'm hoping someone is saying "they're here"!

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Maybe its an XTR II with different knobs, bell, and reticle?

Whats the total elevation of this model? 12 mil double turn sounds like 24 mils to me, but maybe there is a little extra. Wanting to mount it in a 13 mil Spuhr and want to ensure I'll be able to zero it @ 100.

100ish MOA available in scope, 24 MIL available in turrets.

What does that mean? Can you dial 100 MOA or just 24 mils (~82 MOA)?
I took it to read that there are 81 MOA/24 mils adjustment available in the turrets with the remaining 19 MOA/5.65 mils in the reticle. Thus 100 MOA/29.65 mils total available in the scope. Makes sense to me.

I will wait for the MSR reticle and reviews of the scope when they come out before I purchase.

I'm currently using the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27X56 with EBR-2C (MRAD) which I am very pleased with so far.

However I am very interested in the Steiner T5Xi 5-25X56 in MSR if the version with the SCR gets favorable reviews.

You have 100 MOA available in the scope, so if you don't have enough of a canted base, this is advantageous. The internal adjustment of the scope allows for this, but just like every other double turn turret on the market, the available adjustment is limited by the DT turret. sorry, this seems hard for me to explain... It is the same as the windage turret, since it is only half turn, 6 MILs is available, although you know is is actually a lot more in the scope.

Again, I ask what is the advantage anyone sees in the MSR over the new SCR?

Last edited:
So dialing from hard stop to hard stop, top to bottom, is a total of 24 mils of adjustment? Is that correct?

I think there are like 2 clicks down, but basically, yes.

Last edited:
So what is it,,,, 24 MIL'S IN THE SCOPE OR 100 moa? It is a little light there but I do love the reticle!! Great job Steiner!

The ranging "L" for unknown distance.

As said above said, there is 0.1 graduations where it doesn't obscure your view and where the scope is best optically.

Last edited:
So what is it,,,, 24 MIL'S IN THE SCOPE OR 100 moa? It is a little light there but I do love the reticle!! Great job Steiner!

I explained this above.

People are either going to complain it's a 12 MIL turret and only 24 is available in the double turn or its a 15 MIL turret and and complain the graduations are too close, it's a rock and a hard place..... .

24 MILs gets me a little ways out there if we are being realistic.

Last edited:

Advantage to me?

Familiarity, and general satisfaction with the MSR. Not to suggest the SCR is any more or less functional - just comes down to preference.

Advantage to me?

Familiarity, and general satisfaction with the MSR. Not to suggest the SCR is any more or less functional - just comes down to preference.

I understand that and it's the only reason I can't argue. But given a chance, I think most will see the advantages of the 0.2 windage graduations. I think most complaints about the MSR was/is the thickness and we took care of that also.

Fair enough - depending on where these settle at street price, I may pick one up before the MSR drops. I have to admit, the price-point is quite compelling.

I understand that and it's the only reason I can't argue. But given a chance, I think most will see the advantages of the 0.2 windage graduations. I think most complaints about the MSR was/is the thickness and we took care of that also.

That IMHO is a GREAT feature to the new reticle. Having played with it a bit at SHC and after figuring out the subtensions, that reticle is slick and uncluttered, yet allows very fine wind holds. Yeah it'll take a little time behind it to break old habbits of holds based on .5 and 1 Mil marks, but in the long run I think it's an advantage.

Well, you asked so here's my opinion...

The SCR reticle is too thin.

I want to be able to see my reticle in adverse lighting conditions. I want a usable FFP reticle even on low mag in low/ difficult lighting conditions... even in wooded environments with dark backgrounds. Furthermore... I won't buy an optic that doesn't have illum, but I also am looking for a reticle that is thick enough to see without illum if I have a dead battery.

The heavy horizontal and vertical stadia lines that continue to the edge in the MSR make it a better reticle for use in adverse lighting conditions at low mag in FFP.

I also like the 1 meter and 1/2 meter quick ranging feature of the MSR and would choose this feature over a reticle that didn't have it.

I will not buy the new Steiner T5Xi with the SCR reticle. But if the MSR reticle is an option, the Steiner is at the top of the list.

Last edited:

What I replied with a month ago when you asked the question: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...5xi-tactical-rifle-scopes-11.html#post3251891
Because I don't want that much detail on the primary reticle in a 15x scope that will be used on a rimfire that will see both target and small game hunting use. On a 20-25x it's a different story for me as I already use a H2CMR, but I'm on the list for two 3-15x models.
Not everyone are intending on shooting comps with these.