• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New stick 7 WSM

LR-WSM

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Florida
After quite a long wait on all the parts my new rifle should be here next week. Heres a picture.

[img:center]
June052-1.jpg
[/img]

Specs: Stiller pred action, Broughton #7.9, - 9c twist, Thruster Break, finnished at 28", 6 deep flutes, Rifle basix, Seekins DBM and 20 MOA rail, McM adj A-5, flush cups left side. Cant wait !!!

Re: New stick 7 WSM

You will love that caliber, its a hammer. Get you some 162 amax and 180 Bergers and have at it.

I've had 1,000 162's and an 8 pounder of 7828ssc waiting a year and a half. I'd say I'm ready
grin.gif

12-42 NF 2-DD ret. I'm gonna leave it black just in case
wink.gif

awesome, i am glad its finally ready.

i know that you are excited.

get a good load worked up and shoot me a pm when your ready to strech that thing out

benjie

Why that scope and reticle if you don't mind me asking? I figured that would not suite the tactical needs as it would benchrest or something like that. That is what I use on my heavy gun in the BR model I love it but stick with 5.5x22's with NPR1 and 1 8-32 NXS'S on my tactical rifles. Not knocking it but wondering?

Thanks Benjie, wont be long now. Now I just need to get my .308 back and I'll be in Deep Cotton.

Robert, I use a LRF and dial all my shots. I like the unclutterd view of the 2-DD. I wont be using this rifle for any Tacticle comps as its probably gonna hit the scales at over 15 lbs. This ones gonna hunt and run F-class. I've got a nice .308 and the apropriate scope for the Tac matches.

I see. Do you plan to use it only at long range hunting as well? With all that power is why I ask. Nice rig by the way. I want to get in that caliber one of these days.

I had a cap made so I can take it off for the matches.

Thanks

Robert, at 12x I've had no prblems focusing in to 50 yards. Everything is REALLY big, but its clear
grin.gif

Very nice.
Can you decipher please: Broughton #7.9, - 9c twist

So, how'd you get a picture if you're still waiting for parts?
I want me some o' dat magic!
smile.gif

7.9 contour, Broughton (5c) or 5 canted lands in a 9 twist.
Sorry about my gibberish, just a little excited!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you will be shooting F-Open, do you plan on shooting it off the bipod or are you going to take the bipod off and use a rest? </div></div>

PG, havent decided that one yet. I'll have to see how she handels with each and go from there. I shoot from a rest with my 300 WSM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After quite a long wait on all the parts my new rifle should be here next week. Heres a picture.

June052-1.jpg
[/img]

Specs: Stiller pred action, Broughton #7.9, - 9c twist, Thruster Break, finnished at 28", 6 deep flutes, Rifle basix, Seekins DBM and 20 MOA rail, McM adj A-5, flush cups left side. Cant wait !!! </div></div>

what kind of coating did you go with?
What color is that?

I believe the color is Dark earth lightend up a little with a little tan mixed in. I'll ask Chris what coating he used, I have no idea. That was left up to him. I'll get some closer pic's when I pick it up and get optics and other dodad's mounted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7.9 contour, Broughton (5c) or 5 canted lands in a 9 twist.
Sorry about my gibberish, just a little excited! </div></div>LOL...thanks. I think I'd be a little excited too.
wink.gif

Good luck with it brother. Great looking rig, hope it pleases you as much as it does the eyes.

That is a nice looking stick. I have the same stock coming soon. Seeing yours makes me glad I went that direction.

Once it arrives I'll post more pics of it. Flushcups are on the left. Was told OAL was 48", guess I'll need a full size case.

Went to the range this morning to find the max charge weight. Loading in .5 grn increments I managed to accomplish this in three rounds. 69 grns IMR 7828ssc under a 162 A-max loaded at 3.025 running 3200 fps. Glad I loaded there and didn't pre-load a bunch. Now that I have found the max I'll be back at the range Sunday looking for a good load.

Enjoy the pic's

hatsshirts024.jpg
[/img]
hatsshirts022.jpg
[/img]
hatsshirts021.jpg
[/img]
hatsshirts027.jpg
[/img]

Sweet. Right now I am trying to decide between a 260 or 7wsm for my next rifle. I had pretty much decided 260 but everytime I see a 7wsm and the ballistics it is capable of I drool.
Now I will have to get both!
Looking forward to your range report.