• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Stock On 700 SPS Tac

craig700sps

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Scotland , UK
Hi guys, Im looking to start looking for a new stock for the 700 SPS Tac .223 . Ive been looking a lot at a McMillan A-4 or A-5 stock. Im from the U.K and seen them on midway uk but the stock would still come from the States but they all say semi inletted. Can someone please tell me exactly what this means and what it would involve to get it fully inletted ?
Maybe some of you guys might think its a bit drastic for a .223 but here in the UK i think its different to owning firearms. Here you have to have good reason for it and land suitable for certain calibers. At the moment i only shoot vermin which is just rabbits and also foxes.I dont have permission to shoot deer so i dont need a bigger caliber than .223. I am a member of a gun club but we only have dedicated days for shooting fullbore which is only 3-4 sundays a month.
The point im trying to get across here is basically that i want to spend good money on my .223 as thats what i can use everyday if i wanted to go out hunting and ill also get full use out of upgraded parts.

here is a pic of her at the mo
photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

craig

Re: New Stock On 700 SPS Tac

I have been looking at them but i seem to be struggling to find mags for the .223 . Everywhere that does the conversion for the remy seems to just start at .243 so im guessing that the rounds wont fit good in the .243 mag.

craig

Triad tactical always has the .223AI mags.

But I'm sure you can find a UK company that stocks them. They are a great value and fixed the feeding issues my (and other locals) sps .223s had.

I have owned my SPS Tactical for about a month and it is in .308. I recently installed a HS Precision 5r "take off" on it and it is a really inexpensive nice stock. I don't plan to add a DBM
(1) pretty darn expensive
(2) don't need it 4 + 1 is enough for me
(3) some have trouble with feed problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craig700sps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking at them but i seem to be struggling to find mags for the .223 . [...]</div></div>

Try Graeme at www.sportingservices.co.uk . Good prices, good service. Just call him.