• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New suppressor manufacturer- please check them out

Seuss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2001
York, PA USA mostly
Freedom Armory Machine Works

Very good friend is investing in the suppressor business, Army vet who started in an home FFL after being downsized post Desert Storm. Has done things the right way, now runs a very successful indoor range/retail store/training center in central PA. I went through his manufacturing facility and it's impressive to say the least.
More products are in development. Take a look and thank you.

Definately great looking suppressors, and hopefully he does well. At those price points and much less there are already lots of well known manufacturers that are selling suppressors that work well. What is the selling point of these over others in an already crowded market?

Competition is good. Glad to see another manufacturer out there for us to choose from. Shows suppressors are accepted/going mainstream. I do agree with 317millhand that the models and price points shown fall in a saturated area.

Going to be hard to break into a market with a $500 .22 Can when you can get a Spectre II for only $325, same goes for the .45 Can at $950. Good looking .45 can but not at that price.

I like the stuff I'm seeing! That .45 can looks nice. Plan on calling tomorrow.

I agree with the others in that the prices are a little steep. Im very familiar with their store and their prices are steep on everything. Especially after the gun scare/craze/panic that went on last year. I hope they succeed in this endeavor, but i wont be buying any unless they have some sort of special selling point.

Thanks for posting the link. You have asked us to take a look and I have. It is always nice to see new folks come into the suppressor business and nice to see someone do it with the intent to build quality cans. Opinion follows. There is no doubt that the envelopes are nicely finished and that their not building a monolithic can is a solid foundation to go forward with. I have a mixed reaction to the baffle facing design only in as much that bore re-direct was set aside some time ago, and nothing short of dubious about the need or importance of allowing the operator to determine the timing of the that particular facing cut-out as decades of good science have pretty much settled both that bore pathway cut-out's effectiveness as compared to others as well as its proper clocking. Doubling up the envelope wall with full sided spacers reduces internal volume, traps heat, adds weight hinders dis-assembly and more. The fact that all the baffle/spacers are the same length is surprising and telling. No purge ports on the outer face radius means environmentals that get in will be slow to purge along with particulates. The pricing is surprising, especially at this point in their entry into an already crowded market with a good number of participants about ready to go under. That pricing usually points to Ti welding and the benefits thereof (correcting a great deal listed above) and, unless I just cant see it, there is no welding.

I look forward to seeing one at some point and giving it a go. I will circle back if the thread is still alive. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I've been a customer since he sold me a 'Smith from the "gun shop" he ran out of his den.
Steep? Guess that depends on your perspective. You need to decide that for yourself, but I find the claim kind of amusing on a website where I've drooled over $6k BOLT ACTION RIFLES.
Thanks for looking all.

I've been a customer since he sold me a 'Smith from the "gun shop" he ran out of his den.
Steep? Guess that depends on your perspective. You need to decide that for yourself, but I find the claim kind of amusing on a website where I've drooled over $6k BOLT ACTION RIFLES.
Thanks for looking all.

Full custom rifle that takes a year waiting period with several high end components shouldnt be compared to a $600 Ti 22LR can. I think you are misinterpreting what other people are saying, probably because of your own bias. Its going to be tough for him to break into the market at that price point with Surefire, TBAC, Silencerco, AAC all blanketing that market with people who are brand loyal and doing it at 200-300 dollars less. Now, if his cans come out and are 6 dBs quieter than everyone elses? Then he has a fighting chance. I think thats why other are asking what these cans do that other cans do not.

about the only thing that would make me jump up to that price for those suppressors would be noticable and repeatable decibel reduction (think 3-5 dBs), considering all other factors are the same.

Seuss, charger, you are both right in a way. Seuss, I like the pics of your cans the quality looks good. Yes your can will have to be quieter than the best by about 2 decibels at least and I think it will sell, at least it would to me, I will pay 200$ more for less sound that's the game. And Seuss your right, about money wasted on customs, I have done it and they Are only marginally better than a factory gun,(see results of 100yd challenge) there is not a 3 to 4k$ increase in accuracy. There is a lot of money wasted in this hobby, if your cans are quieter you'll be fine, so some comparisons on youtube would be great. Good luck

Retail and what a company charges are two very different things. Silencerco MSRP's the Octane at $849. SilencerShop sells them for $590. MSRP on an AAC TiRant is $850. Silencershop sells them for $649. These are new enough, we don't know what they SELL for, just what they MSRP for.

Greg is coming by my shop to demo his suppressors today. I spoke to him briefly on the phone this morning and he sounds like a down to earth guy. Will report back on the suppressors later today.

Chris

Last edited:
New suppressor manufacturer- please check them out

If you are looking for a full titanium rimfire or .45 can that are able to be taken apart, these do that. They are expensive and, at their price point, I was expecting to be blown away. The rimfire can had more of a FRP than I expected from a K baffled can, sounded more like a mono-core. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I did not try the .45 can as I didn't have a host set up with the right threads so I won't speak to that. There are so many good cans out now, I just can't see selling a new $525+ (rough street price) rimfire suppressor in this market.

I do wish Greg luck as he has an obvious passion for his work.

Last edited: