• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tactical stock for Savage Mark II

Re: New Tactical stock for Savage Mark II

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLEEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">primary language defrent then yours? I do my best so keep your comment for you pls! </div></div>

Whoops, just saw this. Sorry!!!

Wish I have heard of an update. Looks like project fell off the wagon. Hopefully, B&C has not let this go.

Fellas, the .22 bolt stocks have in fact been placed on the back burner. (I know it sucks!) I would like all to know that I greatly appriciate the calls and emails to the shop regarding this project. It helped out alot.

I am unable to give out alot of info on this topic, but more pressing models need att'n at this time.

I only wish we could cover it all, but just cannot get it done right now.

I can assure you that it is still on the table and that with the help with email and phone call notification it will be a topic that is there until it is complete.

Wade Dunn
Bell and Carlson

Bummer. I guess I'll have to get the SSS stock then. I have been putting this off in hopes of the B&C stock.

Anyway, thanks for update and good luck with everything at the shop. I hope that we see these stocks here sometime in the not so distance future.

I absolutely would buy one if it'd fit the FV heavy bbl Mark II,, I'd be all over it. Just ordered the Mk II today,, and the stock would be nearly identoicle to the B&C I have on .308 Rem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cavallino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I absolutely would buy one if it'd fit the FV heavy bbl Mark II,, I'd be all over it.</div></div>
X2. I "need" one.

Aw, that's a shame. I have a B&C Anschutz for my Ruger 10/22 and like it a lot. All the Savage needs a good composite stock.

it so happens i was thinking about and talking to a gunsmith about the same subject and it also happens he has a stock making machine. if a mkII and/or a marlin tactical style stock was to be made, would you guys prefer:

1. wood or synthetic body

a. heavy or light with fillable cavities

b. hook or notched in rear or regular

c. semi skeletonized (like the ultimate sniper stock) or full

d. built in adjustable cheek piece or add ons

e. bulit in adjustable butt plate or l.o.p. add ons

2. grip

a. pistol grip style

b. adjustable "plate at bottom" of above for resting or not

c. palm swells or finger grooves or both

3. forestock-

a. full length or shortened "axiom stock" style

b. fat rounded, beavertailed, triangular, or regular width

c. flat or tapered bottom

d. picatinny rails on sides for extras or no

e. multiple sling studs (sides, bottom) for carry options
or not

f. small dedicated bi pod mounting area-flat, tapered or none

g. vent holes (they are fashionable) round, oblong, or none

h. recessed grip areas for off hand shooting or not

probably will be designed to be both rightie and leftie friendly, factory inletting, and an oversized barrel channel to ensure free floating.

maybe even a model that's only from the pistol grip to the forestock, with an adapter to add your own collapsible AR stock.

any input would be good to get and idea of a design. include a reasonable price you'ld be willing to pay or the options you want incorporated. it's purely hypothetical at this stage, but there is obviously a market for it.

I would say that what ever you can put out for under $150 or $200 would sell off faster than you could produce them as there is not allot of competitors out there right now.

Like other have said same style stocks for the CZ 452 would also sell.

Let us know what you come up with
wink.gif
I have a savage mk2 and a CZ 452 on the way both of which could use a new stock if the price was right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would you guys prefer:</div></div>

An exact copy of the B&C Light Tactical that I have on my bolt gun.
wink.gif

E-Mail sent,, I'd be up for two of them. Daughter and I each have FV heavy bbl, and I have the B&C Light Tactical on a 308 as well. I'd LOVE to see a Light Tactical config for the Mk ll,,,, great practice/shoot-a-ton-o-bullets gun. Let's keep the presure on B&C,,, I know they'd sell a ton of them as there are a whole lot of Mk ll rifles out there. Just look at how many aftermarket stocks fly off the shelves for 10-22's,,, with this the only one out there for a Mk ll it'd be a winner.

E-mail sent. Don't know how much good it sounds like it'll do.

Rich

KEEP THE EMAILS COMING.

Personally, I would like to build the 2956 LT Tactical style stock for this application. Once it is built, it could be used as a platform for other .22 models. (with bedding, extra work, repaint, etc). I figure at least it is close.

Help me crank this up. I have been pushing myself, and really appreciate all the effort from this site.

1- If not the 2956 exterior shape, then what?
2- what exact model of rifle?
3- What changes need to be made if using the 2956 stock?
(I don't see any changes needed due to the AJ32, which is built off the 2956. It has been an awesome hit).

2956 would be perfect, especially since it's what's on my Remmy 700 SPS-V 308 for LR matches.

Got a response from you guys today. Less than motivating that it's going to happen, but anything I can do to help you guys, say the word. I love beating the guys with AICS and McMillan stocks with my B&C.

As a side project, you guys might want to produce your own barrel for the MkII and how to do an easy barrel change.

Rich

It just so happens that i went and looked at a Savage Mark II FV yesterday to replace the Mark II BV i had stolen. I was thinking i had to buy a manners but if this is available i might have to change my mind.

The best group i got with the BV was .502 @ 50m with winchester Subsonic's.

A whisker away from buying a MKII.

I was considering a heavy barrel or varmint/target version. Stocks are causing me issues though, they just don't seem to fit me. I was working on deciding between the TR(R) or a thumbhole stock but....

I would ditch that plan in an instant and get the cheapest heavy barrel version avaliable if a decent, synthetic, adjustable aftermarket stock existed!

I just picked up a MKII this weekend. I haven't found a lot of aftermarket support for it but it's a great shooter so I'm not too worried. Who else is shooting .22 F-class?