• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New TNVC Clipon

Fletcher/AAC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
ATL
Saw that TNVC showed a prototype sight at SHOT this year, did anyone get any details?

Re: New TNVC Clipon

We will be releasing the WASP Clip-On unit this summer. It's a full Cad lens system that is incredibly fast with superb resolution, We're very please with the results thus far with all shoot tests.

We will have more details forthcoming. Thanks guys.

Vic

Thanks,

Any rough idea on how it will compare to a PVS-22/24? I was interested in getting a PVS-14 and DBAL-D2, but if this unit compares favorably to the above clip-ons, I may be better served with the WASP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks,

Any rough idea on how it will compare to a PVS-22/24? I was interested in getting a PVS-14 and DBAL-D2, but if this unit compares favorably to the above clip-ons, I may be better served with the WASP. </div></div>

We feel at our projected price point, it WILL serve the community very well in comparison to the higher priced systems. It will utilize ITT and L3 tubes of course and so far I have been very impressed with the resolution, it keeps getting better and better.

So folks know, we've been testing now for over a year with tweaks after tweaks to get it right, and we think most will be very happy with the results.

In fact, I know one of the test units is in the great state of Texas getting shot right now as I write this latest post... Lot's of ammo has been used up on this project.
wink.gif

The

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In fact, I know one of the test units is in the great state of Texas getting shot right now as I write this latest post... Lot's of ammo has been used up on this project.
wink.gif

</div></div>

Any timeframe on this scope's current status or any updates?

Regards
David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cj7hawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wink.gif

</div></div>

Any timeframe on this scope's current status or any updates?

Regards
David </div></div>

Still in work David, will have more info very soon. Thank you for you're interests..

P.S. Besides shooting with it, I love using it for observing star clusters in Sagittarius and few other Messier objects.
grin.gif

Victor,

A) Can you give us a totally generic price range? Interested in what sort of damage it will do.

B) How are you setting it up for celestial observation? My dad is big into astronomy and astro-photography, and if it's something cool I'll tip him off.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwalk3r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Victor,

A) Can you give us a totally generic price range? Interested in what sort of damage it will do.

B) How are you setting it up for celestial observation? My dad is big into astronomy and astro-photography, and if it's something cool I'll tip him off.

Thanks! </div></div>

Will have pricing info a bit later...

As for celestial spotting, using an extended picatinny rail on a tri-pod (we have custom pic rails we offer on our site that are threaded to accept a 1/4-20 stud) and simply put the WASP on the front portion and your favorite day optic on the back. Not too shabby views to say the least. :)

Still shootin', and testing.

We're also setting up some major dealers out there to carry this one. The interests has been very high.

Vic

It was reported to be around $4,995

Probably about right, CTM1.
Should fall somewhere in the 5K to 5.5K range. We are tweaking the final production touches and trying to squeeze some savings in where we can. It's a fine line to try and add as much quality as possible, while minimizing costs. What we are going end up with is a VERY good value.
We appreciate the patience during this final evaluation. We want to unveil it just as bad as you guys want to see it. We're close.

Glad to hear the price range, was about to pull the trigger on a 6x dedicated scope, but I'll wait and see what this is...

It will be a while before we are going to be doing any comparisons. Our focus is getting it into final production.

Having said that, I think it would be very beneficial to customers to have some comparative data. As you know, customers now have more clip-on options than ever before and, more folks are using the devices. TNVC has always prided itself in providing an unbiased opinion on gear that is out there. I think a "head-to-head" test and evaluation of all the clip-on sights we can get our hands on is a GREAT idea! We will add that to our test schedule. Thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNVC_Kyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be a while before we are going to be doing any comparisons. Our focus is getting it into final production.

Having said that, I think it would be very beneficial to customers to have some comparative data. As you know, customers now have more clip-on options than ever before and, more folks are using the devices. TNVC has always prided itself in providing an unbiased opinion on gear that is out there. I think a "head-to-head" test and evaluation of all the clip-on sights we can get our hands on is a GREAT idea! We will add that to our test schedule. Thanks for the input. </div></div>

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in seeing the capabilities of your new clip on, I hope you guys can show it off soon!

I am anxiously awaiting the reveal as well and as I saw someone else post up here somewhere....."Hurry up before she finds my stash and I end up spending it on home improvements!" LMAO seriously hurry before she finds my stash
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am anxiously awaiting the reveal as well and as I saw someone else post up here somewhere....."Hurry up before she finds my stash and I end up spending it on home improvements!" LMAO seriously hurry before she finds my stash
smile.gif
</div></div>

Ha HA!! Yep That was Me!

To late....Just spent the stash on a little John deere 350 dozer! Will start saving today for the next stash!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcsniperone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am anxiously awaiting the reveal as well and as I saw someone else post up here somewhere....."Hurry up before she finds my stash and I end up spending it on home improvements!" LMAO seriously hurry before she finds my stash
smile.gif
</div></div>

Ha HA!! Yep That was Me!

To late....Just spent the stash on a little John deere 350 dozer! Will start saving today for the next stash! </div></div>

Yeah, you will have that on those bigger jobs
smile.gif
!!! Atleast you got a dozer and not siding, or a new bathroom vanity, etc... I am just hoping this new unit comes out before my forensic accountant is on to me!
smile.gif

Recoil testing is underway on almost all of the standard calibers. We may push into some others. Once we have all final results, we will be posting the ratings along with the product announcement.

Everything coming along quite nicely.
smile.gif
We've been crazy busy with the new Torch Pro release and our new TNV-14's.

Vic

The HIDE demands updated pictures of this device you speak of!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The HIDE demands updated pictures of this device you speak of! </div></div>

LoL, we had another mysterious poster on our CQBL thread say the same thing sorta speak...You're not mysterious though and we will get pics up upon our release. :) Thanks.

Vic

I'm interested to see how much savings there is over other clip-ons.

I love my PVS-14 I got through you guys, but adding a clip-on is tough to justify.

Went side-by-side with the AN/PVS-22 for our final iteration. Times are close gentlemen (and ladies)!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Birds-eye view, more to come....</span>
wink.gif

IMAG0183.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COME ON! Show a little more skin. </div></div>

they're all green on the inside
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COME ON! Show a little more skin. </div></div>

Copy.
smile.gif
Here's a group below from several nights back in the weeee hours of the morning. 100yards at 10x on my McMillan .308 with Fed 168gr GM Match same lot case with S&B 4-16x42 glass on top. (See photo above). It IS 4 shots btw, just 2 shots crossed paths!
grin.gif
Group measured 3/4" center to center.

Our custom BCM 5.56 MK12 variant Mod 1 (with Knights URX) with 69gr Fed GM Match same lot case shot a 4rd 1.2" with a called flier with the WASP out in front of a NF 2.5-10x32 NXS.

<span style="font-weight: bold">MUCH </span>more to come....
wink.gif

10x_4_Shot_100_Yard_308_3quarterinchgroup.jpg

Vic,
What is the ideal magnification range on the WASP?

I don't want to speak for Vic, but our testing showed that it performed well with mag from 3 to about 6 X, then at 8 X it starts to depend upon the quality of the day optic. We used a Zeiss 3-12 X 56 up to 10 X and could easily hit the 200 and 300 yard silhouettes at WRR's night range.

I cannot wait for this to be available!

We can tell you things have changed <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">much </span></span>over the last 10 months Chris. Also much in many esthetic areas as you can see below.
smile.gif

TNVCsl_11883.jpg

More coming....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can tell you things have changed <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">much </span></span>over the last 10 months Chris. Also much in many esthetic areas as you can see below.
smile.gif

TNVCsl_11883.jpg

More coming.... </div></div>

Wow, looks even better than when we had it!

Just so everyone knows, we tested a prototype model and then sent it back with notes, and feedback. We noted areas where we would have improved things, and true to form, TNVC obviously took some of our suggestions, but more importantly, is completely capable of tweaking this thing to the Nth degree on their own. Its no surprise to me that they are improving on it until they feel its right, and I'm quite certain we'll find all the features we need for our hunters and NV purchasers.

I was impressed with it then, and I am sure I will be blown away when the production model comes back to us.

I am trying to decide if a clip-on would be better than a D-760. I know there are all the variables of the scope you use with it but I sure wish I had the opportunity to look through both of them before I decided what I was going to buy.

also wanted to be able to use on a .243 so the pinnacle tube is out. question is if L3 is better than clip-on.

I will be looking for the specs on the clip-on too. weight and length mainly since rail space it at a premium.

Tag, I will be in the market for such unit by tax time and can't wait to see some pricing soon for planning.

Im new to the NV world and not sure if its at all un cuth to ask but...

how does it compair to a PVS-22 or D-930?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag, I will be in the market for such unit by tax time and can't wait to see some pricing soon for planning.

Im new to the NV world and not sure if its at all un cuth to ask but...

how does it compair to a PVS-22 or D-930? </div></div>

Again, not necessarily speaking for TNVC, but I have had the unit twice for testing and here's the bottom line: This clip-on is in the same league as the PVS-22, and will give it a run for its money. I believe its going to be lighter in weight, too. Performance should be the same, if not better.

As for the D-930, it is not much of a contest. The D-930 mounts to the objective of a regular day optic and I've already seen a few of those come apart. It could be rail mounted, and it can be had with ITT Pinnacle tubes, but its not in the same league as the other, more seriously purpose-built units, like the Mini-Wasp and PVS-22, IMHO.

This unit will probably also be less expensive than a PVS-22, since my understanding is its being built by TNVC.

Let's put it this way. Wild River Ranch only uses the best gear in the world for our clients. I don't yet own a clip-on and I am waiting until this one comes out before I buy one. I could have had a PVS-22 four or five times, if I'd just bought the demo units I had in had at the time. I'm not knocking the PVS-22, either. I think it and the PVS-27 are the best clip ons, <span style="font-style: italic">in that price range</span>, in the world, but this unit should perform the same and be less expensive.

I would say its going to be worth the very short wait.