• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New to long range shooting, picked up a Savage Ba10 stealth in 6.5 creedmoor

blkbusa13

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2017
I picked up this rifle last weekend. I think for a production rifle I am very pleased. Ive replaced the flat rail with one that has 20 moa. I put an APA little bastard gen II break on it. Other than time on the rifle is there anything that you would suggest I need. I know most people are going to say why didnt I go with a RPR, well I have a few friends with the ruger and have shot theirs many times and just wanted something a little different. Like I said im new to the long range game, but so far Im really happy with it so far. Its very comfortable to shoot and seems like it shoot well for factory ammo. I reload just havent got the dies yet for the 6.5 but that will be next. I included a few pics of targets let me know if its decent or not? Target on the right is 3 shots really taking my time. The targets are at 100yrd using Horady 140gr match ammo. I know I have some things to work on as a shooter, but it will come with time.
IMG_0855.JPGIMG_0856.JPGIMG_0859.JPGIMG_0858.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
Yeah, it shoots. And you can replace your own barrel when the time comes. No need to do anything at this point, except what you're already doing. 6.5 CM is a great round. Get the reloading going, and you'll be in hog heaven. Your vertical on the 5-shot group is 1/2", and when you took your time, on the 3-shot group, it's under 1/4". Nothing out there is going to improve on that! The horizontal is probably technique. Standard bipods require absolute attention to repeatable position, trigger pull, natural point of aim, and follow-through (stay on the scope, trigger pulled back, until the recoil settles back down). A front tripod and rear bag would show what you've really got, and I'm betting the equipment is primo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Im looking into getting a rear bag (Not sure which one I want yet) Im looking into all the things needed for reloading rifle rounds, I currently reload pistol now. Thanks again for the advice and info.

I've had a Stealth in Creedmoor for a couple months now and love. I am also new to LR shooting and have been hitting steel at 1K yards with factory ammo. The only changes I've made are the scope rail to a 20 MOA, extended bolt handle and put a real buttstock on it. Love the rifle and it shoots really good just like yours.

I've had a Stealth in Creedmoor for a couple months now and love it. I am also new to LR shooting and have been hitting steel at 1K yards with factory ammo with it. The only changes I've made are the scope rail to a 20 MOA, extended bolt handle and put a real buttstock on it. Love the rifle and it shoots really good just like yours.

If you wish to upgrade the butt stock I suggest the Luth AR MBA-3. Luth AR also provides the Chubby Grip incorporating a palm swell which should fit any AR-furniture compatible firearm.

Greg

Last edited:
Shoots good. My ugly SA savage 6.5 creed puts 3 inside of .4 nearly everytime with multiple .27 and .3 ish 3 shot groups from to time to time with cheap 300 dollar glass. I've got about 900 rounds down the tube. 41.6g 4350 and 130 g bergers hunting vld's. Taks 3.3 mills to 600yards.