• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New to Nightforce optics, have questions

G

I'm not a stranger to high end optics by any means. I have used Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski, and Schmidt & Bender.

I have been considering what glass to put on a new build. I am strongly considering the 5.5-22x50mm model with CH-2 reticle. What I want to know is do these scopes have adjustable parallax, and is it 1st or 2nd focal plane?

Re: New to Nightforce optics, have questions

They do have adjustable focus and there are both first and second plane models available

The 22X power models are currently only Second Focal Plane scopes.

On the F1 is front focal plane is not offered in your considered configuration.

Lowlight is right...NF makes a 3.5-15x50, the F1, which is the only front focal plane scope they offer. As for your other question, yes they do have an adjustable parallax on the left side of the scope.

I Am actuly looking at the same scope, but with the 56m objective and with MLR,Mil or maybe the NP-R1. Now I hate to ask, and I know there is a good chance that I'm gonna get hit with the noob stick, but here it is.
Whats the difference between the three?
I have used the mildot and i can work it ok, but I dont understand it.
Anyone care to explain the difference?