• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Tract Toric UHD 1-8x24 LPVO

JDB55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
I had heard this was coming, it just dropped today. It looks decent for a SFP 1-8, assuming L.O.W Japan made as the other torics I believe are manufactured there. Has anyone gotten to see these early? Any thoughts? Discuss :) Reminds me of the eotech 1-8x24 sfp just looking at specs. Moa and mrad reticles on the website.

Product Specs

TORIC UHD 30mm 1-8x24 MOA IR LPVO SFP Rifle Scope
Magnification1-8X
Objective Lens Diameter24mm
Eye Relief (inches)4 / 3.9
Exit Pupil9.2 / 3
Diopter Range+2/-3
Fully Multicoated Lenses & PrismsYes
Internal Gas PurgedArgon
Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)100
Click Value (MOA). 5 MOA(MRAD reticle available)
Tube30mm (one piece)
Reticle TypeGlass Etched MOA Or MRAD
CoatingsFully Multi-coated
Illuminated ReticleYes
Illuminated Reticle Battery TypeCR2032
Illumination Battery Life360 Hours at Medium Intensity
Recoil Shock Endurance1,000g
Operating Temperature Range158°F to -1.4°F
Parallax Setting100 yards
Colorgraphite
Reticle Focal Plane2nd
Country of Origin Japan

Last edited:
Would be interested to see how this stacks up against the Brownells MPO. The MPO is $800 and used to come with a mount for that price. I like the reticle in the MPO better on paper too.

I've got the MPO and love everything except the weight. For the price I can deal with the illumination too.

ETA: the MPO is MIL/MIL too which is an advantage to me

Reactions: JDB55
They are saying it is a daylight bright reticle, with 10 illumination settings I'm betting it's similar to the pst gen 2, just a hunch. Not downing the mpo 1-8, but I think the toric is a bit lighter as well at 20 ounces vs 24 ounces.

Reactions: rlsmith1
Missed that, thanks. Also missed it weighs 20oz which is a win. Daylight bright illumination is also a big win

I'm probably in the minority on this forum, but for my LPVO use I'd much rather have a BDC reticle. The EOTech Vudu 1-8 is almost this scopes twin on paper, jury's still out on dot brightness though.

I'm probably in the minority on this forum, but for my LPVO use I'd much rather have a BDC reticle. The EOTech Vudu 1-8 is almost this scopes twin on paper, jury's still out on dot brightness though.
I actually agree with you. I had a mil reticle GII Razor for a while, then swapped it off for the JM BDC reticle. The BDC is just quicker for me.

Yes, I believe it's an LED not a fiber illumination system, so though they specifically say it's daylight bright I don't expect it to be Vortex Razor/Delta Stryker/Burris 1-8 sfp bright. The specs are extremely similar to the Eotech 1-8.

Yes, I believe it's an LED not a fiber illumination system, so though they specifically say it's daylight bright I don't expect it to be Vortex Razor/Delta Stryker/Burris 1-8 sfp bright. The specs are extremely similar to the Eotech 1-8.
I've always wondered about brightness on the SFP Burris XTR2, never got a chance to look through one. If I ever finish my current build I'll probably post a WTB for one or take a chance on the EOTech.

I've always wondered about brightness on the SFP Burris XTR2, never got a chance to look through one. If I ever finish my current build I'll probably post a WTB for one or take a chance on the EOTech.
I tell you what, I've looked through the razor 1-10, 1-6, Delta 1-6, Burris 1-8 sfp and several others of the slightly cheaper variety. That Burris xtr2 1-8 sfp is nuclear bright and matches or exceeds those others. The glass of the 2 samples I've seen are equally stellar. It's a fantastic scope and if you can get it for $800 or under I would recommend it highly. I had two buddies deciding between the eotech and that Burris and they both went Burris and the do not regret it in the least. Outside of weight, I don't see much benefit for the price the eotech or this toric has over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I tell you what, I've looked through the razor 1-10, 1-6, Delta 1-6, Burris 1-8 sfp and several others of the slightly cheaper variety. That Burris xtr2 1-8 sfp is nuclear bright and matches of exceeds those others. The glass of the 2 samples I've seen are equally stellar. It's a fantastic scope and if you can get it for $800 or under I would recommend it highly. Had two guys deciding between the eotech and that Burris and they both went Burris and the do not regret it in the least. Outside of weight, I don't see much benefit for the price the eotech or this toric has over it.
Awesome info, thanks!

My brother in law's scope just came in yesterday, he purchased in the pre-order. Trying to get him to send me some pictures today to post of the illumination as it's a bright sunny day with some snow. I'll post as soon as I am able to get some pictures for you guys. I'll be getting eyes on soon as well so I'll have more to report and compare to other LPVOs I've looked through/own.

These are from my brother-in-law, I know these are imperfect but the scope is at 1x with max illumination (setting 10) and 8x with max illumination (the 8x is the pictures with more scope body showing). Today was a bright Tennessee sunny day and the scope is pointing directly into snow as you can see. I haven't been able to get hands on yet but will give another update when I get my own eyes on it. Cheers fellas. *Keep in mind my brother in law has an iPhone 6 so the camera isn't the latest greatest as far as quality*

Attachments

• signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (6).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (6).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 341
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (5).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (5).jpg
    175 KB · Views: 377
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (4).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (4).jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 332
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (3).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (3).jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 310
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (2).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (2).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 300
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (1).jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490 (1).jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 482
  • signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490.jpg
    signal-2022-01-18-17-31-21-490.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 385
Update: I've seen through this scope multiple times now, and though it's fine for what it is, I would personally look elsewhere. The illumination is adequate but not nuclear, the reticle is "ok" imo, the glass is great but nothing really stands out on this scope. By all measurements it's the Eotech 1-8 SFP rebranded with the body changed. So in that regards it's fine, but I think there other scopes that you can get on the market that are cheaper in the 1-6 SFP market that are a better value, or you can move up to a FFP(which I advise for a 1-8 or more LPVO) for not that much more money that has more features.

Before purchasing this, if you really wanted a SFP 1-8 I would look for a Burris 1-8 SFP as the Burris has brighter illumination, glass is close if not as good, and all you give up is 4 ounces of weight and they can be had on the aftermarket (when you can find them) for cheaper. I've had them side by side and there is no reason to choose the Tract in that matchup.

Ultimately, in the SFP game, I think the best value is a Delta Stryker 1-6x24, Trijicon credo HX 1-6x24 SFP with the bright center dot, or a Used Razor 1-6x24 Gen 2E and would advise all of those over this. I hope this helps someone :)