• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater New TV Series, The Strain

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
By Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan, The Strain. As a coincidence, I'm currently into finishing the third book of the trilogy, Night Eternal.

This is apocalyptic fiction on speed.

The network teasers look like the show follows the book pretty closely. If it does, we're in for a dandy series.

Not like any traditional vampire story arcs, this one is very dark, kinda gruesome, and fairly thought provoking.

Enjoy; I know I will!

Greg

I'm just now finishing up the book trilogy. Really enjoyed the books, and can't wait for the series this summer. Execution will be key, but I'm hopeful the series will be awesome.

haven't read the books but watched the pilot 3 times on DVR, if they keep it up it is gonna be very good late night TV

Definitely was different. But very good. And being it's on fx, you're guaranteed about 4 good seasons before it starts sucking as fx always does.

Via my phone

I DVR'd it so I could watch Falling Skies and watched it Monday Midday.

It follows the book very well; well enough to have me hooked right away. If the Network does what it said it would do pre-pre-release, there will likely not be any 'sucking', the book has enough 'good' in it to completely fill out the projected five year deal with Del Toro, who will be directing periodically, as will Hogan, too.

From now on, I DVR Falling Skies. Skies and Salem have already gotten up and gone 'round the bend for me.

I remarked to Celia that it's becoming very clear that when Del Toro writes, he has the screen in mind from the very start.

Greg