• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new Vortex PST 2.5-10

Texgal_338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2005
north of Las Vegas
initial impressions
just received the Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44;SFP, MOA reticle w/illum.

the turrets have a very nice positive feel to them, you can feel the clicks with your fingers.

the glass is pretty darn nice, the reticle stays in focus throughout the range.

it needs to be on 10X for true ranging with the reticle; however, Vortex nicely put multipliers at 10x, 5x, 3.3x, and 2.5x; and sent a nice little book describing how to use them. thus at 10x, just use the value of 2 MOA/division, whereas at 2.5x, you would use 8 MOA/division

will write more after i get it to the range

Re: new Vortex PST 2.5-10

I'm interested in your impression of the glass, and the eye box. Details please!

you wouldnt happen to have this on a AR15 with a ADM or Larue mount would you? I want this setup and dont know if I would need the extended mount or just a normal mount.

Midway shows these as being back in stock on 9/19/11...I hope this is not true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirknar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you wouldnt happen to have this on a AR15 with a ADM or Larue mount would you? I want this setup and dont know if I would need the extended mount or just a normal mount.

Midway shows these as being back in stock on 9/19/11...I hope this is not true. </div></div>

Normal mount should be fine. I am messing with this scope in an Aadmount and it works well, so a normal LaRue SPR mount (LT-104) would also work fine.

Very interested in the review. I'm looking at this vs the 4-16 FFP down the road. Be brutal.
smile.gif

I would really like to see one of these in a FFP MIL version. That would be about perfect for a semi auto.