• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Scope 7/18...

Was looking to pick up a couple more Gen 2 Razors. Looks like I may hold out. I know these new scopes won't be available til later this year, but depending on what they have in store for us, it may fit my needs better.

Hi all,
Thank you all for all your support, comments, suggestions, and guesses. Before this gets out of hand with expectations I would like to let you guys know that this unfortunately will not be a new scope at all. Its just an update/new offering in a current series.

I will give you a hint of what it is. Go look at Ilyas (second?) post on this thread.

All that being said, WE HEAR YOU and I promise you that we are working on some awesome products and the next few years are going to be exciting times.

Best Regards
Scott

*snip*All that being said, WE HEAR YOU *snip*

Especially on the 3-18x50 AMG stuff at around 20-22oz, right?? :D;)

So looks like a new reticle offering. Still cool, maybe the EBR-7C in the PST2 line? :p It’s always fun to see new stuff hit the market. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hmmm. I was thinking maybe something coming out more in the glass area. To compete with all the new options like the TT and ZCO.

Reactions: Scott_at_Vortex
Hi all,
Thank you all for all your support, comments, suggestions, and guesses. Before this gets out of hand with expectations I would like to let you guys know that this unfortunately will not be a new scope at all. Its just an update/new offering in a current series.

I will give you a hint of what it is. Go look at Ilyas (second?) post on this thread.

All that being said, WE HEAR YOU and I promise you that we are working on some awesome products and the next few years are going to be exciting times.

Best Regards
Scott

This is clearly just a red herring to throw off those of us who know that it is, in fact, a new 20ish oz 3-18 AMG with illumination.

Looking at the blacked out image it appears to proportionally have a 34mm tube to me and a 50mm objective. Could be wrong on the tube but if I had to guess it's some kind of 3 to 18 or 4 to 20 optic with a fair amount of elevation 30mils plus would be my guess.

Technically “new offering in a current series” could still be a 3-18x50 AMG.

No new scope I think just means no Gen 3 for now.

Rex review is an oxymoron. Lol

I often get e-mails that start with "Rex reviewed it and said that..." fill in the blank with whatever silly nonsense comes to mind.

As far as the new Vortex announcement it goes, based on what Scott said we are looking at a new reticle option of some sort, which is not a bad thing.

I do not know what it is, but when reviewing Diamondback Tactical, is having reticle commonality across a range of product lines. I hope whatever they added will build on that.

ILya

I happen to like that the Razor is something other than black, makes it pretty easy to tell right off what it is... I may be in the minority though.

I have a 50% off cert that I am going to use after this is announced. Planning on a Gen II Razor with the EBR7c reticle.

Looks like the Binos are Crossfire HD's and Diamondback HD's. Wonder what the differences are.

I happen to like that the Razor is something other than black, makes it pretty easy to tell right off what it is... I may be in the minority though.

You're not alone, maybe in the minority but not alone. The color of the razor blends with almost any color of stock not to mention terrain. And as you said, you know its a razor.

Reactions: FishDr

I like it too. It used to be good as it was easy to spot my rifle at a match but now with so many Razor IIs on the line I have to look a little harder. One match I shot there were 11 of 13 shooters with Razor IIs in my squad.

Just ordered a Rzr Gen 2 from Libertyoptics’ last sale. I doubt anything they release will be anywhere close to the deal I got in terms of $ per scope features/quality.

I
I like it too. It used to be good as it was easy to spot my rifle at a match but now with so many Razor IIs on the line I have to look a little harder. One match I shot there were 11 of 13 shooters with Razor IIs in my squad.

If my scope was painted pink with purple stripes I would not care in the slightest...

ILya

I had a amg sold was not even close to being as clear as my gen ll

We might hold you to that ;)

If you are planning to sneak into my house at night, break into the safe, kidnap one of my precision scopes, paint it pink with purple stripes and bring it back, while staying unnoticed and alive through that whole exercise all I can say is good luck with all that ninja stuff.

On the other hand, if you are planning to buy ZCO 4-20x50, paint it pink with purple stripes and gift it to me, all I can say is thank you and I'll stand by with a shipping address whenever you are ready (and whatever color scheme you come up with, please paint the mount too).

ILya

Ok we're almost there... I swear Vortex, this better not be an announcement for a friggin Strike Eagle!