• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New World Record

Let’s just improve our current abilities and apparent skill with bigger targets?
Wellll..... sort of how it looks isn’t it. If our skill an ability to hit a certain sized target progressively farther isn’t up to the task, make the target easier to hit by making it bigger.
There’s a behind the scenes reason some of these targets are getting bigger. Each match wants to say they’ve had the farthest impact, sort of like some of the shooters just want to say they have hit the farthest. Since those keeping records and scores are noting target size, then it looks or is supposed to look like it’s all the same. But it isn’t.

Last I heard, Scharnhorst held the record... 24km /15 miles according to Guinness, on HMS Warspite, 08 June 1940.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised to hear our rail gun testing had bettered that considerably, just don't have a number for it.

For levity,

Credit where it is due. That is the longest hit on a "moving" target.

An American battleship bracketed a moving target at longer range, and with 16 inch guns. That was enough to force the target from the engagement, so I guess it depends on your definition of a "hit".

The longest I know of goes to the Paris Gun. Repeatable successful hits at 75 miles. Target size: Paris
I don't know what the MOA would be.

• Haha
Reactions: DJL2 and 260284
For levity,

An American battleship bracketed a moving target at longer range, and with 16 inch guns. That was enough to force the target from the engagement, so I guess it depends on your definition of a "hit".

The longest I know of goes to the Paris Gun. Repeatable successful hits at 75 miles. Target size: Paris
Minute of Paris of course :p I hear it's similar to minute of deer.

• Haha
Reactions: RGStory and DJL2
For levity,

Well 110’ is 1 moa at 75 miles and Paris is about 7 miles across so it’s like a 10.7 moa target. If my math is on today.

• Haha
Reactions: RGStory
Well 110’ is 1 moa at 75 miles and Paris is about 7 miles across so it’s like a 10.7 moa target. If my math is on today.
Ha! Nice.

Here is the shot pattern for impacts on target. That diagonal line across the image marks the direction from the firing position.

Paris Gun Shot Pattern.jpg