• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW XRS Chassis from MDT - Crossover Rifle Stock

How about a CNC program to cut the left hand notch and safety cutout as an option to a new plastic injection mold ?
Tooling to hold the stock and machine time has to be less costly than a new mold.

I've been harassing them to do lefty inlets for years too. Weirdly they once replied that they used to do ambi inlets and stopped. In my mind that's a no-brainer. The Magpul chassis with ambi inlet seems like a fantastic idea to me, but I guess it doesn't make sense financially.

How about a CNC program to cut the left hand notch and safety cutout as an option to a new plastic injection mold ?
Tooling to hold the stock and machine time has to be less costly than a new mold.

Possible, the best way though is to leave us requests!

I've been harassing them to do lefty inlets for years too. Weirdly they once replied that they used to do ambi inlets and stopped. In my mind that's a no-brainer. The Magpul chassis with ambi inlet seems like a fantastic idea to me, but I guess it doesn't make sense financially.

We already offer a number of left-handed inlets. We never did offer an Ambi inlet, we used to offer more left-handed chassis systems but we have phased out the low sellers.

Possible, the best way though is to leave us requests!

We already offer a number of left-handed inlets. We never did offer an Ambi inlet, we used to offer more left-handed chassis systems but we have phased out the low sellers.
Is there a way to leave formal requests somewhere for the Jae700 line to start back up again? I've been looking forward to them being reintroduced since I first learned of them.

Also, I recently found a long action jae700 stock/chassis, which seem to be impossible to find in LA, so I bought it and I was wondering if there is somewhere to purchase accessories for the chassis?

thanks looking forward to the answer 👍🏼

All in the works, but we won't have anything super soon on this one unfortunately.

Altering the CNC profile/metal is straight forward, it's the new mold that is costly/time consuming and the reason that we have not gone ahead with this. As much as I would love to see lefty XRS', I am not sure it'll be an option that we offer any time soon without modification required after purchase :(

Is there a way to leave formal requests somewhere for the Jae700 line to start back up again? I've been looking forward to them being reintroduced since I first learned of them.

Also, I recently found a long action jae700 stock/chassis, which seem to be impossible to find in LA, so I bought it and I was wondering if there is somewhere to purchase accessories for the chassis?

As @MarinePMI said, check out the JAE Chassis page right now to find the accessories that we currently have machined for them :)

Josh

Altering the CNC profile/metal is straight forward, it's the new mold that is costly/time consuming and the reason that we have not gone ahead with this. As much as I would love to see lefty XRS', I am not sure it'll be an option that we offer any time soon without modification required after purchase :(

Josh

Don't do a new mold is the direction I'm pointing in.
It shouldn't take very much machine time to make the left hand bolt handle cut out and the safety slots on a Rem 700 plastic stock.
The aluminum spine / backbone may have to be a specialized piece for structural integrity, but it would be as simple as plugging a "Left Hand" file into the CNC and letting it run if only for a limited number of parts.
I'm sure the guys that designed the part holding tooling considered this during the design phase...
I think most left handers would be amenable with a small upcharge to have a stock that was drop in, even if it involved some lead time for machine scheduling, etc.

ETA: Clarified my post

Reactions: MDT_Josh

My bad, I guess I mis-remembered that. Still, my point about an ambi chassis design from the get go stands. Practically with all the various inlets it's likely quite a hassle, but perhaps when you start the next clean sheet design it could be considered?

My bad, I guess I mis-remembered that. Still, my point about an ambi chassis design from the get go stands. Practically with all the various inlets it's likely quite a hassle, but perhaps when you start the next clean sheet design it could be considered?

It is something to consider for sure!

Reactions: adamjma
Don't do a new mold is the direction I'm pointing in.
It shouldn't take very much machine time to make the left hand bolt handle cut out and the safety slots on a Rem 700 plastic stock.
The aluminum spine / backbone may have to be a specialized piece for structural integrity, but it would be as simple as plugging a "Left Hand" file into the CNC and letting it run if only for a limited number of parts.
I'm sure the guys that designed the part holding tooling considered this during the design phase...
I think most left handers would be amenable with a small upcharge to have a stock that was drop in, even if it involved some lead time for machine scheduling, etc.

ETA: Clarified my post

Yep that is doable, we'd then just have to machine the polymer to match and have a mismatch bolt handle on the Rh side, which is not ideal. I know that if we are going to make a LH chassis, we'll want to do it right though so that it performs and looks as good as the RH chassis, rather than making a bandaid fix for us lefties unfortunately.

Josh

Yep that is doable, we'd then just have to machine the polymer to match and have a mismatch bolt handle on the Rh side, which is not ideal. I know that if we are going to make a LH chassis, we'll want to do it right though so that it performs and looks as good as the RH chassis, rather than making a bandaid fix for us lefties unfortunately.

Josh

When the mold wears out or needs a revision, change the mold cavity( ies) so that there are slip in "Plugs or Blanks" for both the Left and Right Hand Sides or "Knockouts" with thinner plastic sections like an electrical box to select the bolt handle orientation.
That would make the plastic parts more "Ambidextrous".