• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New York On The Blotter Again (Still)

Omaga420

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
New Mexico
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/manhunt-upstate-new-york-gunman-killed-article-1.1287291

Gunman kills four, wounds two in pair of shootings in upstate New York; suspect Kurt Myers involved in standoff with police
Police in rural Herkimer County are in a standoff Kurt Myers, 64, who was armed with a 'long rifle.' Gunfire erupted at barbershop an car wash. State police Superintendant Joseph D'Amico said making sure no one else is hurt is their top priority as the standoff continued into the night.

BY JOE KEMP AND CORKY SIEMASZKO / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
UPDATED: THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013, 3:06 AM

Mohawk police have identified the man suspected of fatally shooting four people and wounding two others as 64-year-old Kurt Myers of Mohawk.
A small-town weirdo gunned down four people and wounded two others in a pair of upstate shootings on Wednesday before cops cornered him in an abandoned building.

Police were locked in a standoff with 64-year-old Kurt Myers hours after cops say he opened fire at a barbershop around the corner from his Mohawk home.

About 9:30 a.m., he walked into John’s Barbershop and got into an argument with several people inside. Unprovoked, he fired from what police described as a long gun, killing Harry Montgomery, 68, of Mohawk, and Michael Rancier, 57, of Herkimer.

The shop owner, identified as John Seymour, and Dan Haslauer, a customer, were in critical condition late Wednesday.

Jason Ackler, 39, of Ilion, told the Utica Observer-Dispatch newspaper that his best friend’s father was among the four people shot at the barbershop.

“I think this guy is trying to prove a point,” he said. “It definitely seems like he knew what he was doing.”

The carnage continued about a mile away in Herkimer, when Myers walked into Gaffey’s Jiffy Lube and opened fire again, police said.

Employee Thomas Stefka was killed in that shooting. It’s believed he was in his 60s, according to the Observer-Dispatch.

Michael Renshaw, a state correction officer, was also killed. He was in his 40s, the paper reported.

The gunman ran off, leaving his red Jeep Cherokee behind.

Cops said Myers evaded a SWAT team and was holed up in a building in downtown Herkimer beginning around 1:30 p.m.

Witnesses said eight shots were fired, but it wasn’t clear if anyone was hit. Myers, who has a 1973 DWI bust on his record, didn’t have any hostages, police said.

While the standoff was playing out, Gov. Cuomo and State Police Superintendent Joseph D’Amico were at trooper barracks in Herkimer and monitoring the drama.

“Everybody’s on lockdown, all the schools, the college, the village,” said Amanda Viscomi, town clerk of Herkimer, about 65 miles east of Syracuse. “It’s very, very scary.”

Officers removed about a half-dozen long guns and ammunition from Myers’ home.

“When I saw his picture, I just got sick to my stomach,” Michele Mlinar, bartender at a joint Myers frequented, said. “He just wasn’t a people person.”

With News Wire Services

jkempnydailynews.com and [email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...gunman-killed-article-1.1287291#ixzz2NW9hbc99

Last edited:
I live in the town this happened. He used a shotgun for the shootings. The state tactical unit killed him this morning around 815.
Sad to say, a FBI K-9 dog was shot and killed in the raid.

Upstate is a great area, BUT the city and laws and taxes screw it all to hell.
photobucket-33879-1363532113945_zpsd00b7950.jpg

Grew up in and around the upper pic, currently live and help maintain my family in the lower pic. Some lessons can never be unlearned, and shouldn't, either...

Today there was uniformed services for Michael Renshaw the Correctional Officer that was killed during this tragic event. There was a nice turn out from officers from all over the state. We proudly marched to the funeral home to pay our respects to our fallen brother. The Patriot Guard Riders of New York were present and holding flags proudly in remembrance. RIP Michael Renshaw.