• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newb/Old hand behavioral markers

Maybe we met at some point lol

You're not Mike the RO that was also a welder are you :p (please say no)

He's one of "them."
I haven't been to Manatee for at least 5 years, probably more.
Once they ran ol' Gunny Gene out of there, I didn't like the place.

Yeah thats sad.

I figured you weren't that guy; he showed at at the beginning of the end. I moved shortly after.

Never got around to driving up to manatee, but the trail glades stories I have..oh man.

Old Guy: Quiet grandpa type, takes out a soft case with a Savage 99 lever gun in .300 Savage with a Lyman Alaskan scope he purchased new from the base PX back in 1954. Has a very tattered and well faded 2O rd box of .300 Savage he purchased for $3.75 with 6 cartridges remaining. Puts up a 12" round target at 100 yards with a 1/2" orange dot in the center. Loads 1 cartridge, takes aim, fires putting a hole in the orange dot. Proclaims he's done and ready for the season. Retrieves his target, Puts his rifle back in the soft case, grabs his 1 box of ammunition and goes home. (y)

Fuckin’ got me.

D3A1AE67-6F2B-4A48-B3A9-6FC4CB98C90D.jpeg

From what I'm seeing at the range I use, it's brass. The new shooters aren't picking up any of their brass at all.
This particular range is run by the Department of Natural Resources in VA. On Thanksgiving, I went shooting with a friend, got there around 3. We ended up being the only people there. He and I picked up 13 pounds of 223 brass off the ground, pretty much cleaned all of it up. I went back on Sunday, earlier in the day, and picked up another 7 pounds of 223 that was new since Thursday! Plenty of 9mm laying there too.