• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Newbie Night Vision Questions

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I am new to night vision and have begun hunting coyotes using my AIAW in 260 REM with TBAC 30BA and D-740. I am noticing that the muzzle blast causes the autogated D-740 to "black out" each time a shot is fired. This makes it difficult to confirm hits. Is there any techniques to eliminate this?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Newbie Night Vision Questions

Are you running a shorter barrel on your .260 cal. night platform like 16" or 18" ?
If so . What brand powder are you reloading with for your burn & length ?

Me wearing a pvs14 . I seen flash & powder-like shit come out the muzzle with Suppressor but nothing to shut any NV down .
You must have a Buttload of unburnt Powder shooting out of a Suppressor that is not getting burnt is all that I can think of ?

I am running a 24" barrel. I have not started reloading yet, just using Southwest ammo 142 grain. As far as the load, im not sure?

Thanks.

That's nothing that's to short in barrel length @ 24" .
I got nothing for you on adviser ? . on WHY ??? your getting that much trash-flash out the Muz. to trigger auto-shutdown Mode ?
& the 30BA Suppressor looks pretty healthy on it's internal volume also with 9" OAL .

I shot a old raptor model d760 /non-autgated circuitry some & still have it .
Even with No-suppressor & just using a Vortex FH on a 16" AR with compressed powder load in the Brass . it never triggered to auto-shutdown Mode & stunned the unit that far with Flash.
I was Hand-loading &loading with Viht. Powder .

You might want to contact the Factory Tech. section of your manufacturer.
It ( could ? ) be faulty circuitry & just an easy fix .
<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Or . do a hand-load with a different/cleaner burning Power . Then shoot & see if it shuts down . Because Powder bi-product Post-Burn the ONLY thing I can think of that causes excessive Muz. Flash .</span></span>