• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Newly built 10/22 SBR

SharpsNitro

Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Arizona
Just finished up building a 10/22 Takedown into an SBR. It started out as a basic Takedown, the stock was changed to a MagPul Backpacker and the barrel to a Tactical Solutions X-Ring for the Charger. The barrel is 9” and seems to have been discontinued, I bought this one from Brownells when they were closing them out. The whole rifle was then Cerakoted in desert digital camo; I used Desert Sand, Mud Brown and Barrett Bronze for the colors. Eventually the trigger will get upgraded.

I plan to do a Buckmark to match but first I want to cut the TacSol barrel down to about 2.5” so it’s more suppressor friendly. The SBR and pistol will share a SiCo Switchback Cerakoted to match.

C4F9D282-3BD7-4A7F-A729-BF5C1E134E25.jpeg
1B2EE717-C2F3-44E2-80AE-4F28B4C79721.jpeg

I decided on the TacSol SBX barrel. With the TB .22 takedown, it should be just of the receiver end when taken down. I also found that the TB .22 takedown will fit in the stock if you use the cheek riser. But I'd prefer to keep some mags and such in there and just leave the suppressor attached.

What, if any, optic are you going with? I did a Vortex Venom in a Strike Ind. mount. Nice and compact.

The rifle used to have an SB-X barrel on it (it’s for sale in the Rimfire PX). I wanted to go for the maximum size reduction and “wow factor”, good Hong I bought the barrel when I did as they are getting hard to find. Right now it has a cheap Bushnell red dot on it.

I haven’t shot the Switchback yet. I’m very interested to see what the sound reduction levels are for the four configurations. With the “pistol” section being just under 2.5” long things could get really interesting.

Thanks guys. It used to be black except the barrel was bronze. I talked to the people at the TacSol booth at SHOT and the 9” barrels were a special run of ~100. I plan to Cerakote the SiCo Switchback this week and I’ll post the results. Cutting down the Buckmark barrel will take more time.

Very nice rig! I'd love to have one, but there are too many other firearms in the queue (and limited funds) for me to start a build like that anytime soon.