• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR rings?

GentleBen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
www.mydyingbreath.com
So, after buying three scopes in the past month (2 Zeiss HD5s and 1 Swaro Z5), today I finally pulled the string on the last and ultimate piece of glass (to me) -- the new 5-25x56 34mm Nightforce ATACR. Glass and the MOAR reticle are really fine along with MOA/MOA turrets, zero stop, etc.

I am going to ultimately put it on a 308 build (Rem 700/Mc A5 stock/Rock M24 barrel). But my rifle won't be ready for about three more months and I would like to mount the ATACR on a factory Rem 700 SPS Varmint in .308.

I am looking at 34mm rings in Seekins, Nightforce and Badger, maybe TPS. But they all have different heights for what each call medium, medium-high, high, etc.

Anyone know how the new ATACR is mounting ... I would like to simply move the same rings from the 700 varmint to the new build later. If not feasible, then I will just have to let the ATACR sit on a shelf and pet it every once in a while.

Has anyone mounted the ATACR yet? What did you use?

After all that glass, I can't afford multiple sets of 34mm rings.

When mounting the ATACR on a Short Action, the 1.00" height Nightforce 34mm UL Rings work well. If you go to put it on a long action, most likely you are going to need 1.125" height for proper clearance due to the scope being shorter than prior NF NXS scopes.

00bullit:
The ATACR will go on a stock Rem 700 Varmint, .308 short action, 26-inch barrel for the next three months -- then will be transferred to a Rem 700 .308 short action custom build using a Rock Creek M24 contour barrel in a MacMillan A5 stock. Would I be able to use the same rings for both rifles. Both rifles will have Leupold 15 MOA bases drilled to take 8-24 screws.

00bullit:
The ATACR will go on a stock Rem 700 Varmint, .308 short action, 26-inch barrel for the next three months -- then will be transferred to a Rem 700 .308 short action custom build using a Rock Creek M24 contour barrel in a MacMillan A5 stock. Would I be able to use the same rings for both rifles. Both rifles will have Leupold 15 MOA bases drilled to take 8-24 screws.

The Nightforce UL 34mm - 1.00" height rings should work fine for both platforms on a short action. with the M24 contour barrel, it will begin to get close.