• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NF NXS 5.5-22pwr, 8-32 or 12-42???

precisionshutr

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2008
LA, CA
I'm looking to purchase a scope for a TRG in a 338 LM I recently purchased for target shooting. I like Nightforce and will probably go with that brand. I had a couple of questins I was hoping to get answers on?

For 100 to 1500 yard shooting, which scope do you recommend?

The 22x scope has 100moa of elevation, 32x is 65moa and 42pwr is 45moa. I have a 30moa base, do i need to worry about running out of elevation on the higher power scopes? why do higher power scopes have lower elevation counts?

I'm leaning towards the NP R1 reticle, is this best for long distance shooting?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: NF NXS 5.5-22pwr, 8-32 or 12-42???

You'll get more "hits" to your post if you place it in scopes. Not sure if you realize it but you posted in "Nightvision".

Re: NF NXS 5.5-22pwr, 8-32 or 12-42???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll get more "hits" to your post if you place it in scopes. Not sure if you realize it but you posted in "Nightvision". </div></div>

I did not, I'll repost. thanks.