• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

Re: Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

hunter223...with "Vortex optics being your go to optics" you are not reliable either...thanks for playing

I will give a big PLUS ONE to Scott. I called him and asked him about the Millet LRS. He doesn't deal for Millet, and never once tried to steer me toward a different scope that he carries. Only after prodding him about what line he carries that he felt could compete with the LRS did he tell me what he had. That sealed the deal for me, and I ended up with a Vortex scope. Scott isn't going to jerk you around, and that may not make him the best salesman in the world, but it seems his tactics work well...

But, since I purchased a Vortex I guess that makes my experience with him null and void too eh
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 mil per rev, but the way the zero stop works you only get one rev. </div></div>

Really? Are you 100% sure on that?

That would only get me to about 625 yards with my 308 load. That would definitely be a no go.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Not 100% sure, but think I remember reading it on here somewhere. In any case would definitely be worth your while to check out. </div></div>

30+ mil total travel. If somebody screwed the pooch that bad on a barrel they should be giving it up.

Oh, and when asking him about the Vortex (Crossfire) holding up to my .375 CT, it became obvious that even though Vortex has an amazing warranty, HE was the one standing behind what he sold me.

YMMV, but I would go back to Scott anytime.

DD

I'm not saying Scott is not a great guy(as I stated eariler i have been a customer of LO). I am saying I don't drive to the Chevy house to ask if I should buy a Ford.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hunter223...with "Vortex optics being your go to optics" you are not reliable either...thanks for playing</div></div>

So anyone who likes Vortex or has experience with Scott is going to be biased in favor of them both, therefore their opinion shouldn't be counted.....great logic.

Sounds like your mind is made up, so why bother.

If you go to the trouble of having "vortex optics are your go to optics" in your signature line then I'm pretty sure that HE is the one with his mind made up. I said all along I was interested in people who had a chance to use both. I have never even seen a vortex in person so how could my mind be made up?

My logic remains" You don't go to the chevy house and ask if you should buy a Ford" That is great logic......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hunter223...with "Vortex optics being your go to optics" you are not reliable either...thanks for playing</div></div>

The guy has the scope and he likes it...WTF is your problem with that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hunter223...with "Vortex optics being your go to optics" you are not reliable either...thanks for playing </div></div>
Wow,for you to discount my character base soley on the selection of rifle scope I chose is highly disconcerting. And to say that my opinion doesn't count because I prefer one brand is asinine as well. Seems odd you ask for opinions but don't want them from the very people who actually own these optics, some who own even own both are giving you sage advice and you're pissing all over it. FYI, I have suggested other brands of scope to consumers based on what I believe they will be happy with even tho they weren't Vortex. Yes Vortex is my go to optics and I feel they can fill any gap that may arrise for MY needs. However other shooters may feel differently. So again, you don't know what you're talking about and chill with the attitude. LOL

...well, as entertaining as this thread has been, I don't feel I've come much closer to picking a scope...

...I suppose I should have been more specific and percise when posting the title as I ment to compare the Vortex 5-20x50 Razor HD to the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 <span style="font-weight: bold">F1</span>...

...IMHO, the NXS <span style="font-weight: bold">3.5-15x50</span> F1 might be a better choice for the SH 09 build rifle...too bad there is not a 3.5-15 x or a 4-16 x Razor...

...just how far out of the leauge are the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x FFP and 6-24x FFP scopes compared to the three previously mentioned scopes, the 5-20x50 Razor and the two Nightforce F1 scopes...???...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

rksimple,

Killing me man, but your feedback is welcome.

Scott </div></div>

Lol. I know it Scott. I wanted one bad...thought it was going to be my end all. But the reticle is poorly executed IMO. Its almost there, but the little dots for holdoffs are useless. Especially when you're using it in a dynamic multiple target/multiple distance scenario. They're just too small. The numbers on the reticle as you go down are too far off to the side to be seen quickly unless you are prone and have time. In an unupported position, trying to hold the damn rifle still, while trying to identify targets, holdover, beat the timer, etc, the numbers need to be right next to the hash mark a la Gen II XR. For that reason alone, I'd be more likely to go with the EBR1 reticle when it comes in that scope. The reticle is a bit thick for my tastes. I loved the thickness of my P4 Fine at .04 mils (except for the 4 months I didn't have it while it was in Germany getting fixed
frown.gif
). It was just right for competition and not too fine to lose it while hunting in low light (which is my main complaint of all the NF reticles).

The trashcan elevation knob was OK, clicks felt decent, and the zero stop was pretty solid. At 15-20x, the eye box was a little small. Correct eye relief and position was critical to not get shadowing. Not too big of a deal as I rarely shoot past 15x, but it was a little annoying. Granted, it may not make a huge difference as when one is shooting at high mag, mostly they are prone and steady. In positional work, typically I have the mag turned down to 8-12x, and the eye relief is more forgiving.

Really, I think it was a decent scope, but I've had enough of getting in on the ground floor with new scopes just to have them all go tits up on me...in the middle of out-of-state multiple day matches...no bueno. I'll give the Razor another year or two of people beating them up. See what kind of changes the company makes with the scope after some feedback. Then I just may buy one. With a nice reliability track record, a couple tweaks here and there, the 2k price tag will be well worth it, IMHO.

Now don't get me started on the PST's....:D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now don't get me started on the PST's....:D </div></div>

Please do, the OP just made an inquiry about the PSTs right above your post and I'm sure all the people that have these on preorder would greatly appreciate a hands on opinion including myself.

Well all this heated debate about Scott from LO does tell you one thing: people love his service. :) I just bought seekins rings from him for my errrr Nightforce.
smile.gif
He is a great guy.

to the guy that got his panties all in a wad. Grow up, Scott and Hunter are both very good sources for optics opinions. Hunter has both, he told you what he likes right now. I have a NF F1 and told you the Razor on my short list....i think you got what you were looking for and just wanted to have a hissy fit. To the OP, both will serve you well, there are some thing about the NF and the Razor that arent ideal to me but i chose NF this time around

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nostyta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Please do, the OP just made an inquiry about the PSTs right above your post and I'm sure all the people that have these on preorder would greatly appreciate a hands on opinion including myself. </div></div>

...yea....I was kinda wonderin aboot that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to the guy that got his panties all in a wad. Grow up, Scott and Hunter are both very good sources for optics opinions. Hunter has both, he told you what he likes right now. I have a NF F1 and told you the Razor on my short list....i think you got what you were looking for and just wanted to have a hissy fit. To the OP, both will serve you well, there are some thing about the NF and the Razor that arent ideal to me but i chose NF this time around </div></div>
So when exactly did I get"my panties" in a wad? I have gone back and read my posts and I don't see it.And I'm a little to old for "hissy fits".

Also hunter never stated in this thread that he has owned both. Thats what I ask for, someone who owned both and which one they liked and why. Instead hunter posted about the wisdom in asking someone who only sells one of the two brands. He also with out reason refered to "my panties" Im beginning to think the 'Hide is "don't ask don't tell"......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better. NXS's are kick ass scopes but the Razor is just plain better, my money is on Vortex each and every time.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better. NXS's are kick ass scopes but the Razor is just plain better, my money is on Vortex each and every time.</div></div> </div></div>
Ok, well i missed that, my fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again, the Razor is the NXS carried to the nth degree. It is everything the NXS could be, but isn't. <span style="color: #FF0000">Nothing wrong with the NXS, but the Razor is spec'd out to a higher standard. Not sure why that message isn't sinking in but I aim to correct that.</span>

Scott </div></div>75% off all around!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh please do!

And I cant wait to head up the the desert shoot again with you guys! My cheater 1K rig is almost done, just waiting on USO to finish my scope! (I was the guy in the white Hummer with one headlight out, we went to the burger joint after the shoot)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better. NXS's are kick ass scopes but the Razor is just plain better, my money is on Vortex each and every time.</div></div></div></div>

Are those F1's to do an apples to apples comparison or the SFP models?
wink.gif

I handled the Razor at SHOT and it seems to be a nice scope but time will tell if they hold up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I suppose I should have been more specific and percise when posting the title as I ment to compare the Vortex 5-20x50 Razor HD to the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 <span style="font-weight: bold">F1</span> </div></div>

...well...I see now that there is no NF NXS 5.5-22 X 56 F1...all I can say to that is DOH...!!!...

...that makes the Razor look all the better, if you are looking for that range of magnification...

Aside from all the nancy pants crap in this thread, I find it a little surpising that the Vortex comes higher recommended. Makes me wonder two things:

1. Are people really that anxious to buy the latest and greatest?

2. Will it, the Vortex, do the same thing the PHs did next fiscal year? If its spec'd better than NF, than naturally it should cost more to make, to an extent.

IMO, it really would not be surprising to see it jump in price next fiscal year. The Vortex HD may be the IPO to get their name on the map of high end optics, very similar to the marketing tactic of the PH. Which, good for Premier! It worked VERY well for Premier, and they proved to be an excellent design. And people will pay the increased prices because they proved they are worth their salt.

Aside from the panty issues, interesting thread.

I just ordered a Razor from Scott at Liberty. My natural instinct was to go with another NF 5.5-22X50 Mil/Mil, but I wanted to find out for myself how the two compare. I haven't heard anyone really have anything bad to say about the Razor so I figure it's worth a shot.

So we're talking about $2k for a Vortex Razor HD huh? You're saying that this 'Introductory price' is going to increase once people realize how good they are? As in as much as a US Optics or more? That's a tough one to chew on especially considering this 'introductory pricing' already has it priced higher than what's available from Nightforce. Don't take this post the wrong way I'm not belittling it I'm trying to learn here as I'm in the market for a quality long range optic right now and am trying to weigh all my options to get the best optic for my money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So we're talking about $2k for a Vortex Razor HD huh? You're saying that this 'Introductory price' is going to increase once people realize how good they are? As in as much as a US Optics or more? That's a tough one to chew on especially considering this 'introductory pricing' already has it priced higher than what's available from Nightforce. Don't take this post the wrong way I'm not belittling it I'm trying to learn here as I'm in the market for a quality long range optic right now and am trying to weigh all my options to get the best optic for my money. </div></div>

I totally agree. I'm not saying what it could go up to, or compare it with a USO, PH or S&B. But the bottom line is that evidently it is a very well constructed scope.

I would never have thought that the PH would go up as it is supposed to. If it goes up like it is has been stated, then it rapidly approaches S&B territory, or cuts into dealer profits to maintain a lower price. Then add in all MAP etc etc. I would have loved to have PH, but they will be out of my price range if they are up there with the S&Bs.

Its just a question, really. Will it stay at 2k indefinitely? Its Vortex's first offering to the this level of optic. And honestly, the only real comparison will be a NF 5.5-22 FFP, which is only rumors as well. What price point would it come in at? More than a F1, I think.

I don't know. It is definitely a interesting optic and demands the attention it is getting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better. NXS's are kick ass scopes but the Razor is just plain better, my money is on Vortex each and every time.</div></div></div></div>

Are those F1's to do an apples to apples comparison or the SFP models?
wink.gif

I handled the Razor at SHOT and it seems to be a nice scope but time will tell if they hold up. </div></div>

+1 New is nice, tried, tested and bulletproof is priceless.

NightForce was new at one time....we all see where they are now. I just ordered a Razor. If it's a shitter then I'll sell it cheap, take my bump, and roll on with a lesson learned. I'm just tired of everyone speculating and not actually knowing. It doesn't matter cause your not ever gonna make everyone happy somebody is gonna bitch about the eye relief or the clicks or the fact that it's too big around to slide smoothly up their ass!

Don't knock it if your not gonna pony up and buy one and find out for yourself. Now when I get mine if it's a turd, then I'll certainly report that it's a turd. I'm not gonna get on here and lie and say it's great just cause I paid 2K for it when it's really just a jap turd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The zero stop on the 2.5-10's allows the user to get more than one revolution, I think it is only the 1-4 that allows a single revolution. My 2.5-10X24 w/ ZS in a LaRue mount gets 15 mil of elevation on my AR15 from a 100 yard zero. </div></div>

If that's the case then I stand corrected, I have both the a 1-4 and a 2.5 - 10. Zero stops were not available when I got mine, but both have the same style turrets. I remember reading that the Zero stop mechanically limited you to one revolution, If this isn't the case I will send my 2.5-10 in for an upgrade. </div></div>

There was some misinfo going on - the Zero stop does NOT limit your elevation revs any more than a normal zero does. The WINDAGE can only move so far on the compact zero stop models.

I don't see where there was any misinformation. I'm looking at the NXS Compact Zero Stop instructions and it says that on the 1-4X models the zero stop only allows one full revolution up. On 2.5-10X models the zero stop allows full use of the available up elevation travel. You did point out and I forgot to mention that the windage stop on both models only allows for a 1/2 revolution in either direction from the zero position.

I'm sorry if I confused any one, but I remember reading about the 1-4's and the limit of one revolution. I assumed (I know) that that was the case with the entire compact line (My bad) I looked but could not find any info to state otherwise. I'm sure NightForce had their reasons? what ever they may be, for the difference between the two models. Anyway I will be sending my 2.5 -10 for retrofit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see where there was any misinformation. I'm looking at the NXS Compact Zero Stop instructions and it says that on the 1-4X models the zero stop only allows one full revolution up. On 2.5-10X models the zero stop allows full use of the available up elevation travel. You did point out and I forgot to mention that the windage stop on both models only allows for a 1/2 revolution in either direction from the zero position. </div></div>

I'm sorry, was he talking about his 2.5-10 or not?

Scotty,

Yeah he was talking about the 2.5-10 and he thought that the one revolution limit was for all of the zero stops in the compact line. This morning I thought you were trying to say that the zero stop for all of the models allowed full travel. Just a simple misunderstanding...it's all good now.

Guys,

The NXS is the heavyweight champion and the Razor is the challenger. There is plenty of info coming in from users on this forum, and right now it looks like the NSX is not in danger of losing it's title anytime soon. Knowing Vortex the Razor will keep getting up off the mat and keep swinging, the fight is just beginning.

As for my bias, I know it's human nature to cast a wary eye on salesmen, but I can tell you, I recently had a guy email me all his scope requirements and sideboards and I emailed him back the best scope for his application was a Super Sniper....

That's a Chevy guy recommending a Ford right there, LOL.

Scott, for those of us that know, and actually give a shit, your opinion and recommendations are above reproach.

You speak from the heart, and if you are wrong... will admit it. You go WAY BEYOND what you need, to ensure the customer is happy. Vortex seems to be this way as well.

This is why, both liberty opitcs, and vortex will continue to get my business. If you or vortex stops having such amazing customer service... then maybe I'll have a reason to look elsewhere. But as it stands right now... I do not.

I recently did an evaluation of my scopes. I ran NXS NP-R1 and loved them but needed FFP to stop making the same mistake I always did. I did some studying and asking questions. Scott helped me when I decided to try the IOR first even though it didn't meet all my needs. I switched to the RAZOR EBR-2 even with some reluctance simply over name recognition and lack of product knowledge. After evaluating the features NXS, IOR and the RAZOR, the RAZOR got the highest score for my needs/wants. After receiving 2 of them I couldn't be more pleased. The glass is great and every bit as good as the NXS in a side by side comparison. The zero stop is perfect and there is plenty of travel for the long range shooting I do. I have a 45MOA base and still had room on the turret. I shot both of them and ran a quick box test with precise results. I could be a little happier if they had a little more magnification but I'm good. These scopes are built tough, look good and work well. The reticle width is just fine. Thinner than the IOR but thicker than the SFP NXS, so the comparison isn't really valid. Just check that off as an observation. The clicks sound and feel great. There is no fear of inadvertently turning one when stowing the rifle in my pack. The mag ring is nice, smooth and easy to turn but not too easy. I could have done without the rubber piece on it but its not a negative issue for me. I do like how the power number is raised so I don't have to alter my shooting position to find a specific power setting. The parallax knob doesn't protrude out as much as the wind and elevation knobs but again its not a negative for me (purely aesthetic).

I want to tell everyone that this was a hard decision. If NF had a FFP unit with a higher magnification I would have bought them. I just didn't get the warm fuzzy comfort feeling when I said Vortex. Plus the thought of shelling out $4k for something that didn't get my rocks off immediately kind of made me sick to my stomach. But now that I have handled, mounted, used and believe in the RAZOR HD, I just don't see myself going back.

The guys at Vortex took SEVERAL of my calls, they were great. They took their time in dealing with me and I could tell I was good hands. You get this same sort of service from Nightforce.

BOTTOM LINE: You can't go wrong with either scope. Evaluate your needs and pick the features that meet those needs.

Scott is great to deal with. I wanted to thank him publicly when I had the chance - Scott, thanks again. You have earned mt future business.

RODENT

Its a little late i know but i couldnt let it go. If you lose an illuminated MLR reticle in the trees while hunting, you probably don't need to be hunting, unless you just like the "sounds" of nature while sitting in the woods blindly... If you know what I mean.

Michael T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for my bias, I know it's human nature to cast a wary eye on salesmen, but I can tell you, I recently had a guy email me all his scope requirements and sideboards and I emailed him back the best scope for his application was a Super Sniper....

That's a Chevy guy recommending a Ford right there, LOL.
</div></div>

One thing I learned when I started my career in sales in college was to be honest and put the customer first. I turn down business if I know what I have won't fit their needs even if they have the check in hand and drool pouring out of their mouth. I point them to the competition if it's going to work out better for the customer. Scott shares the same approach, and those people he turns away will still recommend him because he puts the customer first.

I appreciate first hand knowledge from people, but still find myself needing to put my hands on things and build my own opinion. To the OP, use the search function and Google to find pictures of the scope, views through the scope and anything else you can that's fact versus using the opinions of the SH guys only. Everytime I read something on here about a scope being horrible or great or having mushy nobs or whatever, I make a note of it and ask for it at Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, Academy, Dicks, or wherever to form my own opinion. If nothing else, it helps me gauge how I read posts and interpret what "mushy" means to Lowlight or whoever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But does the Razor have the bulletproof reliability of the NXS? I understand that the glass and tracking are equal to a NF but I want to know if it can take equal abuse. </div></div>

Do you really "abuse" your scope?

I for one do my darnedest not to abuse my scope - but just in case, Lowlight has run Vortex Razor HD through quite a set of abusive tests. I don't expect mine to fall from a comparable height or have an explosion in a comparable close proximity (I don't even drag it through the pond
grin.gif
).

But from the above tests I'm satisfied that in the unlikely case an explosion does hit my scope - it will keep working, and in the more unlikely case it actually does get damaged - when I get home (if I get home
wink.gif
) Vortex will repair it for free (warranty for the life of the scope).
grin.gif

P.S. If NXS is bulletproof - can I try my 308 on it, just to make sure?
grin.gif

After spending some time behind the Vortex, I would have to go with the NF F1. IMO the eye relief and sight picture is better with the NF and the clarity of the NF on all magnification ranges is also a huge plus for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After spending some time behind the Vortex, I would have to go with the NF F1. IMO the eye relief and sight picture is better with the NF and the clarity of the NF on all magnification ranges is also a huge plus for me. </div></div>

Which Vortex have you spent some time with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After spending some time behind the Vortex, I would have to go with the NF F1. IMO the eye relief and sight picture is better with the NF and the clarity of the NF on all magnification ranges is also a huge plus for me. </div></div>

I have to agree with you on this.I just got a new F1.The glass is excellent!It seems like it has more clarity than my older NF 5.5-22x56 ??? which is fine as is and the 5.5x22 had better resolution than the 2 Razors I compared with it side by side.I really like the 10 mil knobs and zero stop feature as well.I got one with the H-58 reticle.It's almost the complete package for what I'd consider a perfect tactical precision rifle scope.I dial down .5 mil and right .5 mil and use the first .04 mil/.15" floating dot for small precision aiming and happily use holdovers if needed with the H reticle.

IMO at this level of optic a person is basically choosing which features he prefers most because they are both great scopes.I chose 10 mil knobs and H-58 as my priority in the features I wanted rather than 20X mag and a better illumination adjustment system on the Razor.

These are some features I'd like to see on the NF and Razor in the future.

NF:
Parallax focus down to 10 yards.
Ocular not turning with magnification.
More magnification!
Illumination adjustment like on the compact series.

Razor:
Parallax focus down to 10 yards
Lower profile 10 mil knobs
Better glass
Horus reticle option
The tight eyebox problem is already fixed on newer models.Good job Vortex.

I have never used the razor, but I have a NXS and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Razor:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lower profile 10 mil knobs</span>
</div></div>

Yup

John

Has anyone heard when we can send our razors in for the occular upgrade?

you have to call Vortex and schedule a time to send it in.