• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

Re: Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

I was recently ready for a scope upgrade and was trying to decide between these two scopes. I went with the NXS because they have been battle tested and proven. I hope the Vortex line proves to be the same quality, would like to try one after they have been out a few years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuppressorJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone heard when we can send our razors in for the occular upgrade?
</div></div> You can call our customer care department anytime you are ready and schedule to have it done. 800-426-0048

Scott

Wow that is some customer support! Buy an optic, have a complaint for a better eye box. The manufacture not only listens to the input but allow you to send in your optic to get the mod.

Scheduled mine for next Thursday, she made it sound like as long as it was in their hands for Thursday that I would have it back by early the next week.

Vortex may just have the number one CS in the entire optic world.
I sold a guy a crossfire cheap and shipped in the only box I had. That box had gotten wet at one point and looked bad. So, the guy takes one look at the box, thinks Fedex trashed the scope, calls Vortex and returns for repair. He got a brand new scope today.
I have a Razor HD spotter and it is crystal clear. Would not have a problem with a Vortex Razor or PST at all. I have a PST on order.
This from a guy who owns 9 NF scopes.

The more I read on here, the more I think I'll be picking up a Vortex Razor HD. However, that's mostly because NF doesn't make an FFP scope in the magnification I want. If they did.....it would be super tough as I'm a big NF fan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...well, as entertaining as this thread has been, I don't feel I've come much closer to picking a scope...

...I suppose I should have been more specific and percise when posting the title as I ment to compare the Vortex 5-20x50 Razor HD to the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 <span style="font-weight: bold">F1</span>...

...IMHO, the NXS <span style="font-weight: bold">3.5-15x50</span> F1 might be a better choice for the SH 09 build rifle...too bad there is not a 3.5-15 x or a 4-16 x Razor...
...just how far out of the leauge are the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x FFP and 6-24x FFP scopes compared to the three previously mentioned scopes, the 5-20x50 Razor and the two Nightforce F1 scopes...???...

</div></div>

I do agree that Vortex would be wise to come up with a Razor in the 15 or 16 max magnification. As far as the PST is concerned It would be a very capable scope, but not close to a NF. Vortex would admit that.

pretty much what Bacarrat said. I had the Razor and sold it for the F1 MOA/MOA scope and it's a way better piece of glass for the money. The Razor is a good attempt but it doesn't cut it for the price.

I really think it comes down to personal preference. Nightforce has a stellar reliability reputation but their glass is ok, per my eyes. Vortex is the new kid on the block and their glass is very good, again per my eyes. I am very happy with my Razor and would put it ahead of any NF I have owned but I dont shoot people for a living so either one will work great for my shooting needs.

i shoot both brands, hard to go wrong with either, that said i prefer the nxs to the razors, the 35mm tube is too huge for my liking.

I own both. I've used a NF when it's counted. With that said, they're both great but the Razor HD is my favorite scope to date. I like being able to go sub-.1 MIL for zeroing, it's super durable and the price and warranty are hard to beat. Vortex hands down at this point. I'll be buying another one in the very near future.