• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

Re: Night Force NSX vs Vortex Razor

I would choose NF over Vortex.

Truthfully, I am considering choosing NF FFP over S&B for my next build. While I think S&B has better glass - for the cost difference, convenience of CS, some problems a few of my friends have had with their recent S&Bs (2 sent back) - I may go with NF. I read someplace around here that NF is 'the best bang for the buck.' I think that says it ...(though I am looking into PHs (which I am researching) and USOs - but USOs take too long to obtain and slow - but good CS - from what I read). For me CS - if needed - is VERY important.

Now, give me the BEST glass, INSTANT and CONSISTENT CS, with the power and features I need (or think I need
whistle.gif
), and then the decision is made.

That said, depending on your budget the Razor will work well - but it is not a NF - but still good.

I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again, the Razor is the NXS carried to the nth degree. It is everything the NXS could be, but isn't. Nothing wrong with the NXS, but the Razor is spec'd out to a higher standard. Not sure why that message isn't sinking in but I aim to correct that.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Truthfully, I am considering choosing NF FFP over S&B for my next build. While I think S&B has better glass - for the cost difference, convenience of CS, some problems a few of my friends have had with their recent S&Bs (2 sent back)</div></div>

I have a USO SN3 3.2-17x44 I am thinking about selling to try a S&B. I am curious about what type of problems your friends had with the S&B. It's been my observation from reading on this site that S&B are considered very reliable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a USO SN3 3.2-17x44 I am thinking about selling to try a S&B. I am curious about what type of problems your friends had with the S&B. It's been my observation from reading on this site that S&B are considered very reliable. </div></div>I think S&Bs are still VERY reliable - and I'm still considering one. Both of my friends had problems with dust in the scopes (they each purchased the same model (4x...) app. a month apart). While I think something like this could happen to almost any manufacturer (some slip thru ...), I think the problem was the exception - definitely not the rule - but it still makes me stop and think when spending $$$ - especially considering the wait time for repairs....(though they give a loaner - if desired).

If you do not mind me asking, what do you expect to gain from going from a USO to a S&B? USO makes a great scope!!!

My USO is certainly a wonderful scope. Tracks perfect, glass looks great, lets me shoot .308 to 1000 yards without problem. But 2 things that have me changing are: 1) I have the ERGO and don't care to reach up front to adjust it, but in all honesty it rarely needs any adjustment unless the range differance is drastic. It is my first high-end scope and my fault for underestimating my laziness. 2) The eye relief seems short to me. I have rarely heard this mentioned about USO but have never heard it mentioned with S&B. Fortunately no dust in mine but that would be upsetting after spending that kind of money. Nothing is perfect I guess.

But does the Razor have the bulletproof reliability of the NXS? I understand that the glass and tracking are equal to a NF but I want to know if it can take equal abuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My USO is certainly a wonderful scope. Tracks perfect, glass looks great, lets me shoot .308 to 1000 yards without problem. But 2 things that have me changing are: 1) I have the ERGO and don't care to reach up front to adjust it, but in all honesty it rarely needs any adjustment unless the range differance is drastic. It is my first high-end scope and my fault for underestimating my laziness. 2) The eye relief seems short to me. I have rarely heard this mentioned about USO but have never heard it mentioned with S&B. Fortunately no dust in mine but that would be upsetting after spending that kind of money. Nothing is perfect I guess. </div></div>I understand - thanks for explaining. I'm sure the ERGO is a personal preference type thing - one I know I could get use to ... but the eye-relief situation is a definite problem that I believe would be corrected using the S&B. However, I would try a S&B BEFORE putting down my $$$ on one to make sure the eye-relief for you is better. I DO NOT think you will have any problems with the S&B - talking about all this has almost got me getting the S&B over the NF now. Great thing about forums at times - you write it all down and it helps you sort out all types of issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But does the Razor have the bulletproof reliability of the NXS? I understand that the glass and tracking are equal to a NF but I want to know if it can take equal abuse. </div></div>

Pull up the torture test that LL did as he blew up the rifle/scope combo.

Bottom line.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt">YES</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But does the Razor have the bulletproof reliability of the NXS? I understand that the glass and tracking are equal to a NF but I want to know if it can take equal abuse. </div></div>

You might want to gander at this...

Razor Review

you might then ask if the NXS can take the abuse that the Razor can.
grin.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again, the Razor is the NXS carried to the nth degree. It is everything the NXS could be, but isn't. Nothing wrong with the NXS, but the Razor is spec'd out to a higher standard. Not sure why that message isn't sinking in but I aim to correct that.

Scott </div></div>

...this is the way I was reading the situation, but I have no direct knowledge of these scopes...

...it still seems a stretch to pick a Vortex over a Night Force...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again, the Razor is the NXS carried to the nth degree. It is everything the NXS could be, but isn't. Nothing wrong with the NXS, but the Razor is spec'd out to a higher standard. Not sure why that message isn't sinking in but I aim to correct that.

Scott </div></div>

...this is the way I was reading the situation, but I have no direct knowledge of these scopes...

...it still seems a stretch to pick a Vortex over a Night Force... </div></div>

Stretch away....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My USO is certainly a wonderful scope. Tracks perfect, glass looks great, lets me shoot .308 to 1000 yards without problem. But 2 things that have me changing are: 1) I have the ERGO and don't care to reach up front to adjust it, but in all honesty it rarely needs any adjustment unless the range differance is drastic. It is my first high-end scope and my fault for underestimating my laziness. 2) The eye relief seems short to me. I have rarely heard this mentioned about USO but have never heard it mentioned with S&B. Fortunately no dust in mine but that would be upsetting after spending that kind of money. Nothing is perfect I guess. </div></div>

...this and your other reply were both amusing and infomative as I was considering a new thread entitled "Razor vs SN3" or something like that...

And how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?

A Vortex Razor vs NF F1, is a toss-up. Pick which one suits your needs best and go shoot.

I don't think anybody can go very wrong by choosing either one...

I'll be choosing the Razor over the NF, actually 2 of them.

Here's why....and in no certain order.

Cheaper (not the deciding factor, but it is cheaper)

I like more magnification, the F1 tops out at 15x

The F1 reticle gets really hard to see at low power, almost unuseable below 5 or 6 imho.

Customer service of Vortex can't be beat, I'm sure you've seen those guys chime in where they call with an issue and Vortex mails a scope their way even before they've sent their old one in.

100% no fault warranty....100%, you drive over it and they fix it. Toss it off a cliff, beat the dog, scuba dive with it, etc...they fix it whether you're the first or tenth owner.

If you buy one, Scott at Liberty Optics sells them with rings for as cheap as I've seen.

Jason

I'm debating this same choice right now.

I'm in need of two scopes:
1 - For a 700 LTR 308. Needs to be lightweight, at least 10X on the top end, mil / mil, zero stop preferred. Will be used for deer hunting and target play out to 600-800.
2 - For a custom 700 338 Edge that I'm having built. Needs to be at least 20X on the top end, mil / mil, zero stop. Weight not an issue. Will be used for LR elk hunting and LR target play.

I would prefer to have the same brand on each just for the sake of similarity. The suitable combos I see at this point are:
1 - NXS 2.5-10x32 - mil / mil zero stop. MAP $1549
2 - NXS 5.5-22x50 - mil / mil zero stop. MAP $1888
TOTAL - $3437

OR

1 - Vortex PST 2.5-10x44 - mil / mil zero stop of sorts. $599
2 - Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 - mil / mil zero stop. $1999
TOTAL - $2598

So, the Vortex combo is $839 cheaper. That’s obviously a plus but I’m a little wary of banking on the PST line at this point just because it’s such an unknown. I have no doubt Vortex would take care of any issues, I just feel like I might be giving something up to the 2.5-10 NXS (clarity, solid adjustments, etc). Maybe not, but who knows at this point. I really like that the compact NXS is made in USA, and the larger NXS is at least assembled here. There was another thread recently about some Razors that were assembled wrong at the factory (in Japan?). Yes the guy got taken care of fantastically by Vortex but I’d rather not have the scope go down in the first place.

I really like the Razor’s EBR-2 reticle with the holdovers. Not really necessary and the NXS’s MLR would also do fine, but a nice touch. For the features, and if the Razors hold up in the long run and don’t have repeated issues from the factory, I really feel like it’s an obvious choice over the NXS. For $111 more you get a better reticle (preference), FFP (not really huge to me but is to many), what sounds to be better glass, and an array of accessories with the scope. I suppose in the end it comes down to the solid history of consistency and durability of the NXS to the slightly better speced but really unproven Razor. Hmmm…

Maybe I’ll just go with a Leupold 3.5-10 and 8.5-25 with the M5 turrets… I sure do like the TMR reticle…
grin.gif

The only thing about the Razor I may not like is the elevation per turn. I've gotten very accustomed to just using the first turn to get a 308 to 1K. That said I'll be picking one up soon to check out. The forums are great for reviews and opinions but ultimately I like to run the product myself to make my own opinion. Really, any of the scopes mentioned here would be fine if it's all I had, I wouldn't feel I was wanting with any of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm debating this same choice right now.

I'm in need of two scopes:
1 - For a 700 LTR 308. Needs to be lightweight, at least 10X on the top end, mil / mil, zero stop preferred. Will be used for deer hunting and target play out to 600-800.
2 - For a custom 700 338 Edge that I'm having built. Needs to be at least 20X on the top end, mil / mil, zero stop. Weight not an issue. Will be used for LR elk hunting and LR target play.

I would prefer to have the same brand on each just for the sake of similarity. The suitable combos I see at this point are:
1 - NXS 2.5-10x32 - mil / mil zero stop. MAP $1549
2 - NXS 5.5-22x50 - mil / mil zero stop. MAP $1888
TOTAL - $3437

OR

1 - Vortex PST 2.5-10x44 - mil / mil zero stop of sorts. $599
2 - Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 - mil / mil zero stop. $1999
TOTAL - $2598

So, the Vortex combo is $839 cheaper. That’s obviously a plus but I’m a little wary of banking on the PST line at this point just because it’s such an unknown. I have no doubt Vortex would take care of any issues, I just feel like I might be giving something up to the 2.5-10 NXS (clarity, solid adjustments, etc). Maybe not, but who knows at this point. I really like that the compact NXS is made in USA, and the larger NXS is at least assembled here. There was another thread recently about some Razors that were assembled wrong at the factory (in Japan?). Yes the guy got taken care of fantastically by Vortex but I’d rather not have the scope go down in the first place.

I really like the Razor’s EBR-2 reticle with the holdovers. Not really necessary and the NXS’s MLR would also do fine, but a nice touch. For the features, and if the Razors hold up in the long run and don’t have repeated issues from the factory, I really feel like it’s an obvious choice over the NXS. For $111 more you get a better reticle (preference), FFP (not really huge to me but is to many), what sounds to be better glass, and an array of accessories with the scope. I suppose in the end it comes down to the solid history of consistency and durability of the NXS to the slightly better speced but really unproven Razor. Hmmm…

Maybe I’ll just go with a Leupold 3.5-10 and 8.5-25 with the M5 turrets… I sure do like the TMR reticle…
grin.gif
</div></div>

I believe the NXS compact line only has 5 mil's of up elev. after the stop is set. Something to think about.

AJ Bello,

Or:

IOR 2.5-10x42mm FFP MIL/MIL Illuminated $1199.
IOR 3-18x42MM SH Edition FFP MIL/MIL w/Rings provided $1549.

Total: $2748.

FFP all the way, but No zero stops, but how bad to you need them?

Lots of ways to go....Not saying better than NF/NF or Vortex/Vortex, but just throwing it out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you buy one, Scott at Liberty Optics sells them with rings for as cheap as I've seen.

Jason </div></div>

Seen???
shocked.gif
Where, pray tell. What will appear on Joe Hamilton's desk this time???

BTW, Jason, oh impatient one, we've got them in stock with rings RIGHT NOW
grin.gif

On another note...

Tirio, I understand what you are saying, and I also really try to guard against kool-aid intoxication. Nightforce is a pillar institution in the tactical optics world, with the most successful track record in the industry. Vortex was keenly aware of this when they started with a clean sheet of paper when they went about designing the Razor. Intrinsically, on a scope to scope basis, the Razor is better because it is spec'd better. It does indeed have to establish it's own history but the way to do that is to convince people to buy them. I try to do that because in my experience this is as good a quality scope on the market as can be had right now.

Hopefully this time next year things will turn out that I do not have to expend so much energy on the sales pitch, because enough people will know.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I believe the NXS compact line only has 5 mil's of up elev. after the stop is set. Something to think about.
</div></div>

5 mil per rev, or 5 TOTAL??
confused.gif
5 total would be a deal breaker for sure...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AJ Bello,

Or:

IOR 2.5-10x42mm FFP MIL/MIL Illuminated $1199.
IOR 3-18x42MM SH Edition FFP MIL/MIL w/Rings provided $1549.

Total: $2748.

FFP all the way, but No zero stops, but how bad to you need them?

Lots of ways to go....Not saying better than NF/NF or Vortex/Vortex, but just throwing it out there.

</div></div>

Want the ZS on the smaller scope. REALLY want ZS on the larger scope as I'm going to be stretching the 338 Edge's legs a bit and will be cranking the turret a ways.

Honestly I'm really gun shy of IOR due to the reliability issues that are often cited on here (and elsewhere).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 mil per rev, but the way the zero stop works you only get one rev. </div></div>

Really? Are you 100% sure on that?

That would only get me to about 625 yards with my 308 load. That would definitely be a no go.
frown.gif

AJ,

Understood on the ZS. If you want ZS, by all means get a scope w/ZS.

As for IOR's reliability, yes, it has been spotty on their earlier scopes. But everybody that has had problems with a new IOR scope, got a new replacement from Valdada. Which is how I got my new Gen 4, it was a replacement for a gone bad Gen 1. Not bad CS getting a new upgraded scope.

Scott @ Liberty has been saying that IOR has put more effort into QC with their new Gen 4's. Of course time will tell.

Your choices are good ones. Best of luck....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Seen???
shocked.gif
Where, pray tell. What will appear on Joe Hamilton's desk this time???</div></div>

LOL, I wrote it on a napkin, then looked at it...so I seen it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jason </div></div>

Seen???
shocked.gif
Where, pray tell. What will appear on Joe Hamilton's desk this time???

BTW, Jason, oh impatient one, we've got them in stock with rings RIGHT NOW
grin.gif

On another note...

Tirio, I understand what you are saying, and I also really try to guard against kool-aid intoxication. Nightforce is a pillar institution in the tactical optics world, with the most successful track record in the industry. Vortex was keenly aware of this when they started with a clean sheet of paper when they went about designing the Razor. Intrinsically, on a scope to scope basis, the Razor is better because it is spec'd better. It does indeed have to establish it's own history but the way to do that is to convince people to buy them. I try to do that because in my experience this is as good a quality scope on the market as can be had right now.

Hopefully this time next year things will turn out that I do not have to expend so much energy on the sales pitch, because enough people will know.

Scott </div></div>

Scott,

An apples to (mostly) apples comparison between Vortex and NF would be Razor to F1. I know the NXS 5.5-22 has a well deserved reputation proven in the hands of operators in the harshest of conditions, but does the F1?

F1's really haven't been out there that long. As far as I can tell there are time & use questions about both.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would choose NF over Vortex.

Truthfully, I am considering choosing NF FFP over S&B for my next build. While I think S&B has better glass - for the cost difference, convenience of CS, some problems a few of my friends have had with their recent S&Bs (2 sent back) - I may go with NF. I read someplace around here that NF is 'the best bang for the buck.' I think that says it ...(though I am looking into PHs (which I am researching) and USOs - but USOs take too long to obtain and slow - but good CS - from what I read). For me CS - if needed - is VERY important.

Now, give me the BEST glass, INSTANT and CONSISTENT CS, with the power and features I need (or think I need
whistle.gif
), and then the decision is made.

That said, depending on your budget the Razor will work well - but it is not a NF - but still good. </div></div>

You're correct the Razor is no NF, it's better in every aspect. I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better. NXS's are kick ass scopes but the Razor is just plain better, my money is on Vortex each and every time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, I'll say it again, the Razor is the NXS carried to the nth degree. It is everything the NXS could be, but isn't. Nothing wrong with the NXS, but the Razor is spec'd out to a higher standard. Not sure why that message isn't sinking in but I aim to correct that.

Scott </div></div>

It's sunk in quite deep here Scotty, in case everyone didn't know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 mil per rev, but the way the zero stop works you only get one rev. </div></div>

Really? Are you 100% sure on that?

That would only get me to about 625 yards with my 308 load. That would definitely be a no go.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Not 100% sure, but think I remember reading it on here somewhere. In any case would definitely be worth your while to check out.

I was very skeptical about the Razor at first, but I do think the Razor will prove to be a very good scope- only time will tell.

FWIW, I am seriously contemplating giving one a try. Im between it and a F1. The two detractors I see with the Razor is the 35mm tube and the beer can elevation turret.

With that said, to say that there is no comparison between a NXS and a Razor is utter bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With that said, to say that there is no comparison between a NXS and a Razor is utter bullshit. </div></div>

No, no bullshit just an opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You're correct the Razor is no NF, it's better in every aspect. I have three NXS's and there is just no comparison, the Razor <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> better.

</div></div>

Guess I missed the IMO part......

After fingering it for a while at SHOT, the Razor left me underwhelmed, for a variety of reasons. And I really wanted one...really. I'll stick with NF for now. Lots of new things coming in the optics world...

I rock the NF F1s, and would consider that a reasonable comparison to the Vortex...While Vortex has been out a limited time, i think it will prove itself...its on my short list of scopes to have. But i always go back to NF for one reason and one reason only.......THEY ARE STUPID RELIABLE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Scott</div></div>

Yeah Scott. I haven't heard enough negative comments from Razor owners that would lead me to believe that Vortex is not the real deal. I think the scopes will eventually sell themselves. I have a PST on pre order (my 1st Vortex), and I am confident that I will like it better than my Mk4s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......THEY ARE STUPID RELIABLE</div></div>

+1 deadly. That is why I keep going back to the NXS whenever I opt for a top end scope. I know exactly what I am getting with my 1500+ bucks with no regrets. Sure, a S&B or Hensoldt would undoubtedly woo me, but I just can't get myself to roll the dice right now on a scope with a 200% premium over a proven tool that I enjoy using, with chances that I may not be able to see a dramatic difference over the NF. I wouldn't mind grabbing a PMII one day though.

I do like what I hear about the Razor, and I really think that I would love it. The only quirk I have with it is the 35mm tube, but that isn't a deal breaker.

The zero stop on the 2.5-10's allows the user to get more than one revolution, I think it is only the 1-4 that allows a single revolution. My 2.5-10X24 w/ ZS in a LaRue mount gets 15 mil of elevation on my AR15 from a 100 yard zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the Razor zero stop you can dial all the way to max elevation from your zero. If that was the question.

rksimple,

Killing me man, but your feedback is welcome.

Scott </div></div>

Scott, I could accept your view a little easier if you actually sold NF. Im not saying that the Razor, may not end up being a better scope its just what is a shop who sales one and not the other gonna say? For me I will have to wait until enough Hiders have both scopes and have nothing to gain by telling us which is better and why.

Atown...

If you'd search around more you'd realize that Scott has experience with Nightforce in use and sold them, and has respect for them, especially durability/reliability and the positive turret clicks. He's not a dealer for them, but Scott's primary issues with Nightforce is no "WOW" factor looking through the glass - good glass, but something missing in comparison with other high-end brands, probably a coating allowing the colors to pop more for the other manufacturers. Scott also wasn't a fan of how thin the MLR reticle was, it can disappear while hunting in the trees easily.

Also if you'd been around here long enough you'd know Scott doesn't blow smoke, he states his opinion as he see's it. If you were to call him even on scopes he carries he will give you his honest opinion good or bad on anything he carries or has experience with whether he makes the sale or not.

Go to Liberty optics website and read his Shot show reviews and see if he is blindly recommending anything he currently sells. I think you'll be suprised.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atown...

If you'd search around more you'd realize that Scott has experience with Nightforce in use and sold them, and has respect for them, especially durability/reliability and the positive turret clicks. He's not a dealer for them, but Scott's primary issues with Nightforce is no "WOW" factor looking through the glass - good glass, but something missing in comparison with other high-end brands, probably a coating allowing the colors to pop more for the other manufacturers. Scott also wasn't a fan of how thin the MLR reticle was, it can disappear while hunting in the trees easily.

Also if you'd been around here long enough you'd know Scott doesn't blow smoke, he states his opinion as he see's it. If you were to call him even on scopes he carries he will give you his honest opinion good or bad on anything he carries or has experience with whether he makes the sale or not.

Go to Liberty optics website and read his Shot show reviews and see if he is blindly recommending anything he currently sells. I think you'll be suprised.

</div></div>

Thank you very much for this post!!! 7 years ago when I started out this is exactly the vision I had for LO and what we would like to represent to the shooting fraternity. You summed up my view of NF perfectly and objectively. as well as how we choose to conduct business.

Have a great day, man. You've given me a great start to mine.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The zero stop on the 2.5-10's allows the user to get more than one revolution, I think it is only the 1-4 that allows a single revolution. My 2.5-10X24 w/ ZS in a LaRue mount gets 15 mil of elevation on my AR15 from a 100 yard zero. </div></div>

If that's the case then I stand corrected, I have both the a 1-4 and a 2.5 - 10. Zero stops were not available when I got mine, but both have the same style turrets. I remember reading that the Zero stop mechanically limited you to one revolution, If this isn't the case I will send my 2.5-10 in for an upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,

An apples to (mostly) apples comparison between Vortex and NF would be Razor to F1. I know the NXS 5.5-22 has a well deserved reputation proven in the hands of operators in the harshest of conditions, but does the F1?

F1's really haven't been out there that long. As far as I can tell there are time & use questions about both.

John</div></div>

Jason the F1 was out in military hands about a year before they hit civilian hands and they have held up very well for the military. Same toughness and reliability as the SFP scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atown...

</div></div>
Mavrick,
You have been a member here exactly one month before me, and just because you enjoy reading your own posts doesn't mean you have been "around here" more than I have. The facts are that LO does not sale NF and they do sale Vortex. Nobody has ever said the "wow" factor with NF was their glass, its with the fact they are bullet proof. I have bought product from Scott in the past and will do so again if need be, but to think that any business owner doesnt promote the products they sale is silly. Walk into any bow shop that doesnt sell Mathews and they will tell you they are over rated. Walk into one that does and they will show you all the national titles they have and tell you there is no one better. Is either one right or wrong? Or are they good business owners promoting the product they carry?.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atown...

</div></div>
Mavrick,
You have been a member here exactly one month before me, and just because you enjoy reading your own posts doesn't mean you have been "around here" more than I have. The facts are that LO does not sale NF and they do sale Vortex. Nobody has ever said the "wow" factor with NF was their glass, its with the fact they are bullet proof. I have bought product from Scott in the past and will do so again if need be, but to think that any business owner doesnt promote the products they sale is silly. Walk into any bow shop that doesnt sell Mathews and they will tell you they are over rated. Walk into one that does and they will show you all the national titles they have and tell you there is no one better. Is either one right or wrong? Or are they good business owners promoting the product they carry?..... </div></div>

Pull your panties outta a wad bubba, he's right. Call Scott and ask him about the myriad of products he sells even if he sells them he will tell you weak and the strong points of every product in his inventory. Also, if Scott feels a NXS will fit your bill better than a Vortex he most definitely steer you towards a NXS. Scott runs his business to a higher standard than most any I've seen. He's more concerned about a satisfied customer whether he gets the sale or another vendor, he wants the customer to be happy with their purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtownBcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atown...

</div></div>
Mavrick,
You have been a member here exactly one month before me, and just because you enjoy reading your own posts doesn't mean you have been "around here" more than I have. The facts are that LO does not sale NF and they do sale Vortex. Nobody has ever said the "wow" factor with NF was their glass, its with the fact they are bullet proof. I have bought product from Scott in the past and will do so again if need be, but to think that any business owner doesnt promote the products they sale is silly. Walk into any bow shop that doesnt sell Mathews and they will tell you they are over rated. Walk into one that does and they will show you all the national titles they have and tell you there is no one better. Is either one right or wrong? Or are they good business owners promoting the product they carry?..... </div></div>

Pull your panties outta a wad bubba, he's right. Call Scott and ask him about the myriad of products he sells even if he sells them he will tell you weak and the strong points of every product in his inventory. Also, if Scott feels a NXS will fit your bill better than a Vortex he most definitely steer you towards a NXS. Scott runs his business to a higher standard than most any I've seen. He's more concerned about a satisfied customer whether he gets the sale or another vendor, he wants the customer to be happy with their purchase. </div></div>

FYI: Scott has steered a potential customer towards another vendor's product on this very forum because he felt it would fit the user's needs the best.