• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Stalker Shooting Tripod

LRSHOOTER0311

Green Eyed Devil
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
Wondering if any Hide members have any experience with this tripod offered by:

https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/n...ing_wp_cron=1518187910.5406489372253417968750

It looks really solid and comes with the ball-head, you can also opt to get it with a rifle rest, which would be a Shadow Tech PIG rest or a Kopfjager Reaper rest. I used a PIG saddle in Corps, but the Reaper rest is new to me. Anyway, I've seen some VERY expensive tripod setups like the RRS ones, but I can't justify that cost when this looks to offer the same thing for $325 out the door with everything included. Is there something that I'm missing?

* Pictures aren't mine, pulled them off the website *

Attachments

• IMG_4531.jpg
    IMG_4531.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4563.jpg
    IMG_4563.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4576.jpg
    IMG_4576.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 102
my hunting partner has one and i have an rrs. theyre not even in the same zip code. that said, the ns works fine and serves the purpose. dont ever shoot off an rrs though because you wont accept anything less after that

I just ordered the night stalker with the RRS mlok arca swiss adapter($50). I'll be using it for local PRS club matches. The RRS tripod is probably way better, but at 4 times the cost of the night stalker, I'm sure I'll find something to spend that other $600 on. My shooting will probably be more to blame than the tripod quality on the few stages I'll be using it on.

Reactions: LRSHOOTER0311
I just ordered the night stalker with the RRS mlok arca swiss adapter($50). I'll be using it for local PRS club matches. The RRS tripod is probably way better, but at 4 times the cost of the night stalker, I'm sure I'll find something to spend that other $600 on. My shooting will probably be more to blame than the tripod quality on the few stages I'll be using it on.

I like your style.

It's pretty much the same as a Desmond 428 tripod so it's a pretty good deal for a small, light, hunting tripod. It's about as stable as my 3 section aluminum manfrotto. At 6'3" I can shoot off it standing without extending the center column.
Of course it's not in the same league as a rrs or the leofoto 364c I have but it's also a fraction of the cost and weight.
They just announced a heavier tripod at shot. Haven't looked into it very close.

It's pretty much the same as a Desmond 428 tripod so it's a pretty good deal for a small, light, hunting tripod. It's about as stable as my 3 section aluminum manfrotto. At 6'3" I can shoot off it standing without extending the center column.
Of course it's not in the same league as a rrs or the leofoto 364c I have but it's also a fraction of the cost and weight.
They just announced a heavier tripod at shot. Haven't looked into it very close.

Have you used the monopod/walking stick feature? Curious as to whether it can actually be used as a walking stick or not. Thanks

Curious as to how much time you've had on it and what the true differences really are? Is it the weight compared to the RRS or a combination of other things?

Has anyone compared the NS to a leofoto 364C? I'd be curious to know if there are any appreciable differences in performance.

Has anyone compared the NS to a leofoto 364C? I'd be curious to know if there are any appreciable differences in performance.

There really isn't much comparison other than they both have 4 section carbon fiber legs and twist locks. The 364 is 2-3x as stable by my guess but you pay for it in weight and size. The 2nd to bottom leg section on the 364 is the same size as the largest in the night stalker.

Reactions: Lonestar1027
They are suppose to have the pro version coming out, which is supposed to make the old one obsolete.

I think the pro is just a bigger, heavier, more stable tripod for those that need/want that. I don't think it will make the original obsolete. They have different advantages.

Newguy, your absolutely right. I meant to voice that and just short handed my message.

Anyone that has ordered the Night stalker, did it actually take 6 weeks? The website says "in stock - allow 4-6 weeks for delivery", so why 6 weeks? Even if it is coming from overseas it shouldn't take that long.

Anyone that has ordered the Night stalker, did it actually take 6 weeks? The website says "in stock - allow 4-6 weeks for delivery", so why 6 weeks? Even if it is coming from overseas it shouldn't take that long.
boat ride for cheap shipping?