• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Atacr users, windage adjustment?

ggllggll

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2022
USA
Hello.

I recently aquired a nightforce atacr 5-25x56 for my barrett M82.

Question is, I cannot move the windage adjustment a full turn from left to right. I'm not sure how to get the full sweep of windage, am I doing it wrong?

I can move it from 5.7L To 5.7R and no more.

There's supposed to be an internal adjustment range of 80 MOA/24 MRAD for FFP and 60 MOA/17 MRAD for SFP , so something doesn't seem right with that optic.

Reactions: RedRockCharlie
They have a " windage limiter "

They have instructions in manual on how to get additional adjustment beyond this limiter.

hope this helps

Reactions: Makinchips208
Basically, loosen the set screw holding the knob and rotate it. You'll then have more adjustment in that direction. I've had to move mine one full rev once.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Strange? Mine was good right out of the box and don't recall how much but cranked a bunch of windage when doing some ELR last time.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread as I can see it's a few months old now. I've got this same issue, and wanted to check I'm understanding things correctly.

The manual for the 5-25x56 ATACR FFP says there's 24 MRAD of "internal windage adjustment". I understand you can loosen the set screw and reposition the windage knob to give you more adjustment in a particular direction, but am I right in thinking that means you'll have less adjustment in the opposite direction?

For example, if I reposition the knob so that I can dial a full 12 Mil to the left of my zero, does that mean I then can't dial to the right of my zero at all? As the OP said, you only seem to be able to turn the knob as far about 6 Mil in either direction, so does that mean it's not possible to 'unlock' the full windage range of 12 Mil in each direction (so 24 Mil in total) at the same time?

The manual for the 5-25x56 ATACR FFP says there's 24 MRAD of "internal windage adjustment". I understand you can loosen the set screw and reposition the windage knob to give you more adjustment in a particular direction, but am I right in thinking that means you'll have less adjustment in the opposite direction?
That’s what I would assume. Give NF a call and report back.

I've had it confirmed that only 12 Mil of adjustment is available between the stops - which is there to prevent users from "getting lost" in the rotation of the windage.

However, although they absolutely don't advise the altering of their optics, if the small pin inside the windage cap happened to be removed, the stops would no longer work, meaning the full 24 Mil of windage adjustment would be available.

However, although they absolutely don't advise the altering of their optics, if the small pin inside the windage cap happened to be removed, the stops would no longer work, meaning the full 24 Mil of windage adjustment would be available.
Handy in tornados, for sure

lol dude, sorry, just had to

• Haha
Reactions: Cutout and amwuk