• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce customer service ?

Here's my dealings with NF. I had a 5.5x22x56 NXS mounted on a 700 308 with a rock creek 26" barrel in a BC tactical medalist sitting on the bench next to me when a jack wagon decided it was his god given right to pick up my gun. I politely told him to put it back which he did. Before I could move, I'm no longer ninja quick, the gun rolled of the shooting bench and landed on the elevation turret. It took a pretty good beating but still worked. Kinda. It would make adjustments but you had to fire the gun a few times for the reticle to settle in. I call NF and they were awesome. Told me exactly what was happening and when it would happen. They fixed the scope and it looks new. I was expecting to have to pay for this, granted I didn't drop it, but someone did. The total bill was $150. Not to bad for a $1700 dollar scope. I've never had to pay for scope work so it stung a little but like I said it was dropped and it wasn't a defective item from them. I would use them again. That's my two cents.

Nightforce CS is the gold standard, even when customers abuse the product.

Don't let low post count trolls sway your opinion on Nightforce.

Please send me ANY "junk" NF scope my way…I will pay for shipping!! I would take one for the team and use a crappy NF if any of you deem them garbage.

Thank you for your time.

Here's my dealings with NF. I had a 5.5x22x56 NXS mounted on a 700 308 with a rock creek 26" barrel in a BC tactical medalist sitting on the bench next to me when a jack wagon decided it was his god given right to pick up my gun. I politely told him to put it back which he did. Before I could move, I'm no longer ninja quick, the gun rolled of the shooting bench and landed on the elevation turret. It took a pretty good beating but still worked. Kinda. It would make adjustments but you had to fire the gun a few times for the reticle to settle in. I call NF and they were awesome. Told me exactly what was happening and when it would happen. They fixed the scope and it looks new. I was expecting to have to pay for this, granted I didn't drop it, but someone did. The total bill was $150. Not to bad for a $1700 dollar scope. I've never had to pay for scope work so it stung a little but like I said it was dropped and it wasn't a defective item from them. I would use them again. That's my two cents.

this would have led to an ass whooping, good job being polite.

.... Only thing coming out of my ads is facts. Facts produced from this very site. Yesterday I was looking at the optics for sale section. I believe each page holds 50 adds. There were 10 nightforce scopes for sale on page one. What is that....20percent. They can't be that great, everyone's trying to get rid of them.

Maybe if all those scopes that were for sale were broken, you could conclude that they were crap. I have lost count how many scopes I have bought and sold over the years. I like to try new things. The last scope I bought was a Nightforce, and so far it is the only scope I have owned that actually tracked like it was supposed to.

I'm not selling my NF because it's shit... I just want a different type of scope . It's perfectly fine new in box.. So that's 1 less ad against your claims!!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shop deals with Matt at Nightforce fairly often. I liked his willingness to help so much that I purchased a special ordered scope that a confused customer didn't want just because I was so impressed with his customer service. I'm a fan for life and I will bring them as much business as I can because they treat their customers like people, not dollar signs.

NF sucks!!! :confused:

010.JPG

stillerkrieger.jpg

Kudos to NF, but the dumbass picking up your weapon, shit!!!! I wonder if he goes around throwing his legs over other peoples Motorcycles as well?

Got the stripped screw out but managed this in the process. Guess I'll have a non ZS scope while I save to have it fixed. Had the turret spin over the zero stop and grind it almost flush. Anybody have a clue as to what nightforce may want to fix this?
e5u9y6at.jpg

Did you send your scope in yet? What did they say?

Cool man, that's good news. Keep us updated.

I decided to send my ATACR in to get checked out after the 18lb rifle/scope combo took a 3' fall to a concrete floor, hitting scope first. I contacted NF and sent it in. I got a phone call within 2 days of them receiving the scope, telling me that everything passed with flying colors and they would be shipping it back. I asked to buy new turret caps before it shipped since they took a little damage from the fall and didn't look "new" anymore. They only charge me $20 each for the caps and still had it shipped out that day. I couldn't be happier with their customer service.

Last edited:
I decided to send my ATACR in to get checked out after the 18lb rifle/scope combo took a 3' fall to a concrete floor, hitting scope first. I contacted NF and sent it in. I got a phone call within 2 days of them receiving the rifle, telling me that everything passed with flying colors and they would be shipping it back. I asked to buy new turret caps before it shipped since they took a little damage from the fall and didn't look "new" anymore. They only charge me $20 each for the caps and still had it shipped out that day. I couldn't be happier with their customer service.

Wow, that's great customer service. You should have left the damaged turrets on there as a reminder of how badass Nightforces are. Haha
Glad to know they took care of you.

Take a look at the resale values, that says a lot. What else is there that can be 5+ years old, basically outdated in comparison with today's options and still resale for 90% of original msrp? NF is good stuff.

..should have kept going, the next two pages have a combined 16. I will not argue this farther. Nightforce has lots of fans, but if what you see on the for sale section of this site is indicative of what's going on with all customers of nightforce, then to many people are trying to get rid of them. There has to be a reason for this.

People are selling NF to move to the newest NF models ATACR and BEAST. And other people are happy to get the deals on the used models that come up here. I have never had an issue trying to sell a NF and many of mine I bought on this forum. The only gripe on NF for years has been lack of higher mag FFP model and the BEAST fixed that. My new ATACR has made me realize one thing....I need to sell off a couple of NXS and get another ATACR and a BEAST to go with it.

I own four Nightforce scopes and never had to send one back but I am very impressed by the way Nightforce does call you back when you have questions about rings. Most times you get to speak with a person and they are very knowledgeable.

I bought a well used NF F1 with a loose parallax knob. Sent it in to NF and they serviced the knob and performed a full inspection for no charge including return shipping. Nightforce CS rocks. This is my second NF and even though there are scopes with better glass and reticles I won't hesitate to buy another.

That's great man. I bet you miss that thing.

Cool man. I shoot a friends SPR every once in a while and that things a laser. Almost makes things too easy.

Got my scope back today and it looks perfect. Has a new elevation cap and screws, zero stop, and they shipped it 3 day select.

Guess Nightforce customer service isn't too bad after all.

They forgot to include the extra scope knob with my new competition (probably because it was one of the first ones in the stores). They were almost overly apologetic about it and could not have been more responsive. Got a free sticker out of it too. No complaints. Mistakes happen, and they cleaned theirs up nicely.

I wanted to throw kuddos to Nightforce. As I mentioned a page back, I have about 8 of their scopes, never and issue during my use, but I did have one scope I got used on a surgeon rifle last year that had two of the screws on the zero-stop clutch stripped out. Have known I need to send it back for a while, but keep putting on a rifle to try out here and there and never getting around to it--honestly also sounded like a pain in the ass.

Couple weeks back I finally called and got my repair number, boxed it up, shipped it in. 10-14 days later, scope is back, good as new, and now cost to me other than shipping it in. Cannot complain about that even on Sunday. Thanks Nightforce, keep up the great work on your awesome products and the good customer service on the fairly rare occasion we screw them up.

I have owned probably 20+ NF scopes over the years. I sold off my F2 reticle scopes when the MOAR came out, Then sold off several more to upgrade to the ATACR on my tactical rifles. I have a feeling that people selling off their scopes are upgrading just like I did. I try not to be too rough on my equipment, but do take a few multi-day tac rifle classes every year and the scopes end up taking abuse regularly. I have no idea how great NF customer service is because I don't use it.

By contrast, I have several Leupold optics on my hunting rifles and have used their customer service frequently, which has indeed been very good. Im thinking of selling a few of those and getting G7s.

A few days ago I went to their website to register my 2.5-10x42 for my warranty. When finished, I did not receive a confirmation that I had registered, so I called. They were very polite and told me to call if I ever has an issue. I don't expect one, but its nice to know.

Charles