• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce First Focal + Horus H27

SoundFx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
NV
Hey Folks,

Just got off the phone with a Nightforce rep. He said that the F1/H27 combo was in the works, but no ETA. Man, I hope <span style="font-style: italic">somebody</span> puts an H27 in their scope so I can throw my money at them....

Re: Nightforce First Focal + Horus H27

Unless I can find a used USO I'll be buying one of those Nightforce HV's

Thanks for the update!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm willing to bet the price of the nightforce is going to be close to $2300-$2500 and for that kind of of $ you can get a USO </div></div>
True, but does the USO is so better then the NF ??
i'am hesitating a LOT for my next stick !!!

I intend to try one of the FFP NF's pretty soon. I have never owned one, but have used them a bit on other guys rifles. I thought they were nice scopes, but didnt think they were as nice as my USO's. But I figure with all the guys who dig them there must be something to them.

The only way to find out is to give one a shot. I am starting to spend more time trying to actually range with my reticle, just so I will have the ability, so I may as well get an FFP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marc_Andre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm willing to bet the price of the nightforce is going to be close to $2300-$2500 and for that kind of of $ you can get a USO </div></div>
i'am hesitating a LOT for my next stick !!! </div></div>

Pls explain the first sentence. Not following,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marc_Andre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I'm willing to bet the price of the nightforce is going to be close to $2300-$2500 and for that kind of of $ you can get a USO </div></div>
i'am hesitating a LOT for my next stick !!! </div></div>

Pls explain the first sentence. Not following, </div></div>

Nightforce would still need to pay the royalties/license fee to incorporate the reticle.
This would be passed on in the price.

My NXS is a great scope but if the horus edition cost even remotely close to the USO price there really is no question which one to choose. I have 2 horus USO's and love them- maybe if I could save 6-700 getting the NXS I would consider it but if it just a couple hundred its a no go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My NXS is a great scope but if the horus edition cost even remotely close to the USO price there really is no question which one to choose. I have 2 horus USO's and love them- maybe if I could save 6-700 getting the NXS I would consider it but if it just a couple hundred its a no go. </div></div>

I understand. I feel the same way, actually. The kicker, for me, is that USO won't offer the <span style="font-style: italic">H27</span>. Just the H25. I emailed USO, and they told me that they would not be offering the H27. To me, the H25 is not as good as the H27, and I wouldn't buy another scope with it (I have a steel-tubed Falcon with H25 now). My preference is H27 -> H37 -> H25. Now, perhaps USO will change its policy. But, I asked only a few months ago. So, where the H27 shows up, my dollars will follow.

If anyone has some good intel on this subject, I'd appreciate it very much.

Dks39,

Yes, you're right. I mistakenly gave the impression that USO doesn't offer the H37. I should have left it at, "They do not offer the H27." Thank you for the correction.

Well, maybe so, but here's a copy and paste of my email exchange with USO (from bottom to top, of course) -

Hi XXXX,

I don't think we have the H-27 for our scopes unfortunately.

Jeff Fertal
U.S. Optics, Inc.
150 Arovista Circle
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 582-1956 Phone
(714) 582-1959 Fax
www.usoptics.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:06 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Horus H27 Reticle

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I believe that's what I'd be interested in. Would the H27 be
the same price as the H25? $400?

Thanks again,
XXXX

On Dec 2, 2008, at 2:26 PM, Sales wrote:

Hello XXXX,

Which magnification scope were you interested in, the 3.2-17x?

Jeff Fertal
U.S. Optics, Inc.
150 Arovista Circle
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 582-1956 Phone
(714) 582-1959 Fax
www.usoptics.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 4:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Horus H27 Reticle

Hello USO Customer Service / Sales,

I was hoping that you could answer a question for me. Would it be
possible for you to make me a custom scope with the H27 reticle? I
know that Horus still has a few left, because they were going to have
my S&B converted by PR before PR stopped doing the conversions. I
love the H27, but I'm not as into the H25. Possible?

Thanks!
XXXX