• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce fixed Me right up

granite wagon

bottle washer
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2021
NC
Nightforce atacr 4-16x42 developed an issue that it was out of focus when parallax was corrected.

Called em up , got RA & mailed it to em on Sept 9th

They emailed yesterday that they had found a loose internal part , fixed it , tested scope & it was headed back to me..

Scope purchased new in summer of 2017 & lived on a VERY light weight 280ackley ( carbon manners stock, carbon wrap barrel, titanium action ) Not sure if the quick sharp recoil could have caused this but they got it fixed quick enough..

Be time to put some Black Bear on the cooker real soon ...

The warranty you'll never need to use...

Just joking. Glad they got you sorted out.

Reactions: 338dude
Bought my first Niteforce 20 years ago, before the ATACR models. I contacted them about an issue it had, super rude and expensive to get repaired. I swore I would never own another after that. Fast forward, a buddy has an OLD NF bench rest scope that needed repair. I said, good luck! They not only were pleasant, but fixed it free of charge. I just contacted them about a damaged scope this week. Lady I spoke with couldn't be more helpful. Maybe they're seeing how the competition handles customers.

Reactions: Texascbr
Looks like they are learning from vortex.
I agree there are a lot of Vortex haters but the gun industry as a whole has been getting better over the past 5-10 years. The only mfg I have had a issue with lately has been CZ. But glad to hear they are doing better, I have tried to stay away from S and B because of this.

Jerry at Schmidt was awesome to deal with. They will rebuilt a scope for like $275. Granted, that was 3 years ago on a 5x25 pm2. With like 30,000 rounds. on it. Quick turn around too

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
I see this coming up a good bit recently. I had a 5-25 ATACR F1 lose focus on less than 20 rounds through the gun. Called NF and talked to a rep that told me I don’t know how to focus a reticle, completely ignoring that the scope was focused fine and after a shot went out of focus, clearly something breaking. Meanwhile I owned over two dozen other NF scopes at the same time including another identical scope as the one that failed. The reluctantly let me send it in and they claim to have adjusted the parralax.

It came back with the same issue and no matter what I did I could not get it both focused and parralax free, it was one or the other. Called back in and was once again told that I don’t know how to focus an optic.

I sold that NF full disclosure at a huge loss and the buyer eventually got them to fix the thing. Sold every other NF I owned as well.

Glad to see they finally figured out the problem and are actually fixing shit though instead of blaiming it on the consumer. I have been wanting another 4-16x42 T3 for my DMR but their shit CS is why I haven’t bought it and a Vortex 1-10 sits on the rifle instead.

Reactions: greg1147
I agree there are a lot of Vortex haters but the gun industry as a whole has been getting better over the past 5-10 years. The only mfg I have had a issue with lately has been CZ. But glad to hear they are doing better, I have tried to stay away from S and B because of this.
I've heard nothing but great things from S&B. I've emailed Jerry a few times and he is always helpful and quick to respond. I just bought a 520 US so I hope I never have to use the warranty but know I will be taken care of it I do.

I would have get the full name of the CS agent that replied to your complaint then report him/her.. Glad you where able to do away with them anyways.

^^^^^^^ My one and only ever NF warranty issue was with my legacy 5-25 the lit reticle stopped working. Very quick turnaround and CS. No matter what company you deal with it only takes one employee or CS person to negatively impact that company and your confidence is lost.

Reactions: Texascbr
UPDATE

Brown truck delivered the scope today.

Focused it. strapped it to my bench on a bully bag & ran track test and focus/parallax etc etc.

It is back 100%

Thanks NightForce!!!

I see this coming up a good bit recently. I had a 5-25 ATACR F1 lose focus on less than 20 rounds through the gun. Called NF and talked to a rep that told me I don’t know how to focus a reticle, completely ignoring that the scope was focused fine and after a shot went out of focus, clearly something breaking. Meanwhile I owned over two dozen other NF scopes at the same time including another identical scope as the one that failed. The reluctantly let me send it in and they claim to have adjusted the parralax.

It came back with the same issue and no matter what I did I could not get it both focused and parralax free, it was one or the other. Called back in and was once again told that I don’t know how to focus an optic.

I sold that NF full disclosure at a huge loss and the buyer eventually got them to fix the thing. Sold every other NF I owned as well.

Glad to see they finally figured out the problem and are actually fixing shit though instead of blaiming it on the consumer. I have been wanting another 4-16x42 T3 for my DMR but their shit CS is why I haven’t bought it and a Vortex 1-10 sits on the rifle instead.

We both must have spoke to the same crabby asshole. I purchased a set of NF rings right before a hunt, they showed up with two over sized holes, they were threaded but the cap screws just floated in the holes, no metal to metal contact. There was no way that whomever was packaging the rings didn’t catch that, the two screws were loose in the package when I got them. I called CS and explained the issue hoping they would set up a return/send out a new set ASAP so I could mount my scope and have time to sight the gun in before leaving. The guy from NF customer service exact words (in a shitty tone) were “what do you want me to do about it?” He told me to contact the place I bought them from and hung the phone up. Of course the place I bought them from didn’t have any more 34mm mediums in stock and took their time on the refund. Wrote NF off after that.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year and stumbled across a deal on a sealed box ATACR that was too good to pass up. I haven’t mounted it yet but I’m glad to hear that NF has stepped their customer service game up.

Reactions: Bakwa