• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce focus woes

Re: Nightforce focus woes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another thing to be aware of is when that scope is set for max travel on the elevation turret its a lot harder to focus and "crisp" up at 100 yards. I would bet if you centered that reticle at 100 yards it would be a lot clearer. That scope is going to perform best when its optically centered(700 to 900 yards). Check your parallax and focus at 500 to infinity and see how it looks......sometimes thats why 100 yard groups arent as good (per moa) as they are at longer ranges with these long elevation travel scopes. </div></div>

Bingo, I think we have a winner. Good glass optics + 20 moa rail (most never need it or come close to using it)elevation shifted optics at 100 yards = difficult focus to parallax.

Wow someone call me an asshole and I'm the one to be ban because the my rebuttal. Anyway back to scopes as requested. No I'm not a 100 yard shooter. Did a Tac shoot out to 600 meters last weekend and thats when I noticed the issue. Thanks to all the good guys like sobrbiker and others who PMed me. I ordered a S&B PM11 5-25x56mm P4FL in milrad. Should be here next week, wow hoo can't hardly wait. In hindsight I should of ordered the S&B in the first place. I have some questions about milrad since I'm a MOA guy, but won't ask on this forum LOL.

Wasn't directed only at you. There's plenty of knowledge and information to be found here and has already been posted and can be found through searches on using the mil scope. When you get it you can find it here.

That said this site is mainly made up of proud American gun owners and you come in with that comment you made you are going to catch shit for it whether you like it or not. Ours is a free country so if you don't like the forum then don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. But if you want to learn the pulse of the site and how to act on it then stay around and you will find more information here than any other site on the net.

No problem Rob, hey I'm a proud Canadian who has served alongside with your proud Americans, but when they asked me questions I never assumed they where stupid or call them names. Pulse of the site and how to act, well most of the questionable posts on any topic has been made from residents south of the 49th parallel. There seems to be a core of guys here who simply have no patience for newbees into the sport. Up here in Canada there is such a strong anti-gun movement, we want as many people in the sport as possible. I had an issue with a scope and turned to this site for info, others Americans seem to have the same issue too. Being civil goes both ways, regardless of nationality. I'll use the search function more often too. Again thanks to the guys who responded with real advice. I'm still excited about the Schmidt

You should be excited about that S&B.....its one of the finest tacticle rifle scopes on the planet.
All of my PMIIs are mil/mil...its an easy trasition from moa/moa. If I can do it anyone can......grin.

Hi all, FWIW: just did the newspaper @ 100 yds thingy and have to say that does seem to give a "sharper" image now. Was NOT bad before but it IS "sharper" now.
Had to do this early as at 6 AM it was 78* and didn't want to deal with heat waves. Was 105* here Sun.
Respectfully,
LG