• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Made In China ??

Re: Nightforce Made In China ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay

Just for the record all of the Nightforce Scopes are not assembled in Idaho. Not that it matters. </div></div>
I hope you never need NF customer service. Their service is spotty to say the least and they've disregarded concerns. I speak from experience..

Were do you get your info. Nightforce says they put them together in Idaho.

Even if they were built in China they would be by far the best scopes that ever came out of China. But they are not they are stamped Japan.

No matter how you cut it Nightforce is one of the best scopes on the market and has been one of the most reliable ones also. </div></div>

Just to be clear, I had a NF scope, which did not live up to expectations by any means. I don't know which was worse, the scope performance or their customer service. I have another NF scope that performs well. For me, the NF xp has been 50:50, not enough to retain my business..Somehow I thought by being a fellow Idahoan, I would get great customer service, not true at all...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woollymonster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the real ones made? </div></div>

The one that I just received (NXS 5.5X22X56 NP-R1) is stamped on the bottom "Made in Japan". Who knows where the collective parts are made. Great scope but it sucks to put more Americans out of work.

It was a surprise to me. I thought they were made here. </div></div> For what it's worth my NXS 12-42X56 also is stamped "made in Japan"....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to be clear, I had a NF scope, which did not live up to expectations by any means. I don't know which was worse, the scope performance or their customer service. I have another NF scope that performs well. For me, the NF xp has been 50:50, not enough to retain my business..Somehow I thought by being a fellow Idahoan, I would get great customer service, not true at all... </div></div>

Based on the fact that you weren't even able to quote CS Tactical's post correctly, I have doubts regarding your claims. I've seen several posts of yours bashing NF, yet hundreds of others (including myself) have had great experiences with them. Perhaps this was more a case of miscommunication than problematic service? Nobody else seems to have problems with NF.

yeah, i made this shit up and threw away $500 buck to trash NF scope for no reason..Enjoy your scope..

In case anyone is wondering the specifics, I'll quote a previous message that I sent to another hide member who wanted to know more about my story with NF:

"I had a 3.5-15 which I could not get focused above 10x. At 10x and higher, the point of aim wasn't clear/had low clarity. I sent it back to them for inspection (on my dime, as they didn't offer otherwise). I received a call a couple of weeks later by some former recon sniper touting his credentials assuring me everything was fine with this scope, so they sent it back to me.

I continued to have the problem and called them back. They looked up the history of this scope and told me they had replaced the parralax adjustment and reset the objective lens. Mind you, originally I was told there was nothing wrong and they were sending it back as is. Now I'm being told it was repaired. At this point, I don't know if I have a scope they have blessed and checked twice with nothing wrong, or do I have a repaired scope.

Regardless, I was still having the problem and they said sending it back wouldn't do any good as they've checked it twice thoroughly. I asked about a replacement and was told they would not as they have no use for used scopes.

I told them I was unhappy with the product and would sell this scope at a loss and never buy another NF product again. I was then directed to eurooptic, as they buy used scopes....

Had they offered to replace it, it would have told me they back their product 100% and will do what it takes to ensure a customer is happy. Not only have they lost a customer for life, but I make sure to tell this story at every opportunity and I can say with confidence that this has already cost them a few customers..

Not only did choosing a NF scope cost me months of aggravation and frustration, but $ to get it inspected and ultimately a $500 dollar loss in ditching this thing..That was my NF experience".

I've since replaced this scope and I'm completely happy with my choice and wish I would have chosen this product to begin with. Hindsight is 20:20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woollymonster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the real ones made? </div></div>

The one that I just received (NXS 5.5X22X56 NP-R1) is stamped on the bottom "Made in Japan". Who knows where the collective parts are made. Great scope but it sucks to put more Americans out of work.

It was a surprise to me. I thought they were made here. </div></div>

Will someone ban this guy for opening up old troll wounds! For the love of god, it was a Piss Pete post as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woollymonster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the real ones made? </div></div>

It was a surprise to me. I thought they were made here. </div></div>

Will someone ban this guy for opening up old troll wounds! For the love of god, it was a Piss Pete post as well!</div></div>

A new guy actually used the search function and you want to ban him. So what exactly is a new guy supposed to do these days?