• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR vs Steiner T5xi 5-25x56 SCR

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR vs Steiner T5xi 5-25x56 SCR

• Steiner T5xi 5-25x56 SCR

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Jcremer24

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2020
I just simply cannot decide which scope to get. They both are at a similar price point with the Steiner being slightly more expensive. Ive owned numerous scopes- mainly leupold and vortex. I have owned a few Nightforce NXS scopes. And looking at picking up another 5.5-22 NXS in the MOAR reticle. I really like this scope- glass is clear for me. However, Ive read great things about the Steiner. Anyone want to chime in? Throwing in the poll for fun

Wow. Hard one. I have a soft spot for Steiner. I think they make a scope that is a cut above, and they do not get the recognition they deserve. I think those are pretty comparable scopes (the NXS line and the T5Xi line). You also have comparable MOA reticles. I personally find the MOAR to be a little more to my liking. The NXS will have a slight edge on durability, if you feel like throwing your optic down the driveway, but the T series from Steiner is solid. The M series meets the Nightforce NXS and ATACR in durability.

If it matters, I find the NXS holds its value better than Steiner, so if resale is ever a thought, that is worth considering. Warranty service will be similar. The Steiner is assembled in Colorado, so no going back to Germany.

I believe most of the T5Xi series is being discontinued, so that is something to consider about finding the Steiner if you want it, you might have to act now. Someone can correct me on that, but my Steiner dealer's sheet shows discontinued. We are dealers in both, and happy to talk to you about your choices. We only have the 1-5x in the T5Xi, but there are T6Xi options, which is probably a better scope over the NXS.

I would sleep on it, think about which reticle you will enjoy the most, as that is where you will spend your time. The turret clicks are good on both scopes. If I had to flip a coin, it would be for Nightforce, but not by much.

Reactions: Jcremer24
I just simply cannot decide which scope to get. They both are at a similar price point with the Steiner being slightly more expensive. Ive owned numerous scopes- mainly leupold and vortex. I have owned a few Nightforce NXS scopes. And looking at picking up another 5.5-22 NXS in the MOAR reticle. I really like this scope- glass is clear for me. However, Ive read great things about the Steiner. Anyone want to chime in? Throwing in the poll for fun

Since the NXS is SFP plus you like the MOAR reticle vs. the Steiner is FFP... I'd say to get the best of both worlds and grab a Nightforce 4-32 NX8 FFP with an MOAR reticle from us ;)

Reactions: Jcremer24