• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce NXS vs. Sightron PLR, or other 30mm Scope?

Easa

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2020
Slovakia, EU
Hello,

I currently have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 MRAD, mounted on my Sako Quad Range 22LR precision build rimfire. The rifle is currently used at 50m only, but the competition that I want to participate in is shot at various distances between 30 and 100m. As you all know, the parallax adjustment and focus isnt really the strong side of NXS scope, 50m is relative trouble free, but 30m is too short distance for this scope. Also, the NXS is quite eye heavy. I thought about replacing the scope with something more suitable for my usage, namely:

I use a Spuhr SA3601 AI mount, which has a 30mm rings. I want to keep this mount. Is there a high quality 30mm tube scope that would be better for me?

My requirements:

• 50mm objective
  • 6-24 magnification or similar range
  • Reliable and consistent tracking
  • Durable mechanism
  • Mil-Hash reticle

why not an nx8 ???

if you want a more budget friendly choice I vote for the bushnell match pro. I have one on my airgun and would not hesitate to put one on a nrl comp style 22.

Meets all your requirements and then some, only downside is they are on back order. I shoot my 30 ft lb airgun with slugs out go 275 with mine (15ish mil in turret and 15 in the reticle).