• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce or SB

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    Buy this or a used Schmidt Bender. Not looking to spend a lot of money.

Thx

Depends on what turrets on the SB. Pick the reticle that is better to you and go

Reactions: Glassaholic
    What's the main use? Seeing those two choices I am guessing matches or just fun long range range time. With those you should also check out the Burris Pro 5.5-30x56 at Liberty Optics. Will save you almost $700 off the NF pictured. You can check out the specs here. Disregard the MSRP.

1800 for a 7x35 nf f1 sign me up. Just for fun. Match days are over. Don't you remember shooting with me Rob. I shot with you and Tony quite a few times way back when.

Reactions: BurtG
    1800 for a 7x35 nf f1 sign me up. Just for fun. Match days are over. Don't you remember shooting with me Rob. I shot with you and Tony quite a few times way back when.
    Yup but just wasn't sure what you planned to do now. LOL And yup if you can find an $1800 NF 7-35 then get that! LOL

Reactions: RayDBonz
    How about this one not a pro but cheap.
    Screenshot_20230202-195138.png

Is that the illuminated? Only ask as the ones listed on the site list an SCR-2 reticle in the illuminated versions. The standard XTRs are nice scopes in that price range. The Pros are a little better in glass though. @Birddog6424 any other comments?

You can get it cheaper through Liberty Optics though. Put in cart for price and that is final price.

Last edited:
    Without even talking about glass quality, etc, it's really not a fair "vs." argument because the scopes are so different in style and features; many of those choices come down to personal preference so there really is no "better" one. A more fair comparison will be possible fairly soon when Nightforce comes out with FFP.
    Right now, if you want SFP with MOA clicks you're going to want the Nightforce regardless of if its glass is as good or whatever because it'll just fit you better. If you want FFP and prefer .1 Mil clicks, single turn knobs, etc, you wouldn't even consider the NF. Not yet anyway, let's see what their FFP looks like--it might steal some S&B sales!

Without even talking about glass quality, etc, it's really not a fair "vs." argument because the scopes are so different in style and features; many of those choices come down to personal preference so there really is no "better" one. A more fair comparison will be possible fairly soon when Nightforce comes out with FFP.
    Right now, if you want SFP with MOA clicks you're going to want the Nightforce regardless of if its glass is as good or whatever because it'll just fit you better. If you want FFP and prefer .1 Mil clicks, single turn knobs, etc, you wouldn't even consider the NF. Not yet anyway, let's see what their FFP looks like--it might steal some S&B sales!

Wtf did I just read....

Can't go wrong with either IMO. I have had multiple variations of both brand of scopes. And still do run both brand of scopes. Ultimately it's going to be down what you are looking for in a scope and the type of shooting you do. At this point, I'd pick the reticle you like and the turrents (turrets) and go with that.

2001? That you?

😂😂😂

• Haha
    Reactions: BurtG
    I love my SB PM2 US. I didn't understand what "alpha glass" meant until I got it. That said, the nightforce is a phenomenal optic and I don't think for most people's use case you are giving up a whole lot by going with a NF instead of something like a SB, ZCO, TT, etc. For $2,500 new I am taking the ATACR all day.

Reactions: RayDBonz
    Wait, what?,, where are you finding a New NF 7-35 for $2500?

Just got scammed by MK7 for an Amp 2 Annealer, he has since been banned. USPS is investigating it as well.
    That sucks man, I am sorry to hear. I hope they get things straightened out for you asap. Sad to see these types of bad actors in our community.

That sucks man, I am sorry to hear. I hope they get things straightened out for you asap. Sad to see these types of bad actors in our community.
    Yeah it was sad he had 1 review but it was removed shortly after my conversation with him and he had pictures of him with his id and the id next to the annealer so I thought it was legit.