• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce scope question...tholbrook/criver win!

Curt S

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2007
WI
Guys,

Took my new 5R out today to the range. When getting it 0'd I notice on my windage knob that when I change clicks from L to R there is a fair amout of slop and the clicks don't kick in until your probably 5 to six clicks over. Seems like it is prominent when I am switching directions. What's going on? Is it broke? It's basically a safe queen. 3.5x15x50. .25 MOA. Pre zero stop model. Probably have owned it for 4 years. Thanks for the help in advance.

ETA. Followed tholbrook's/criver's advice and it tightened right up. Thanks guys. That's why I love this site.

Re: Nightforce scope question.....

The turrets on NF are held in place by a spring loaded piece of metal. If the spring loses its rigidity, it is possible that the metal wont adjust as its supposed to.

Doesn't matter how old the scope is, call customer service and I am sure they will take care of you. Plus, they can probably diagnose the problem better. They are really good to wirk with.

Good Luck,
Nate

Tighten up the allen screw on turret a little bit at a time till you get the click feedback you desire. It happens, not a big deal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curt S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's basically a safe queen......Probably have owned it for 4 years....Thanks for the help in advance. </div></div>

That's probably the crux of the issue right there. Good kit needs regular abuse.

Once your sighted in you can set your windage and elevation to any number on either turret. I like a 100 yard zero with both turrets set on zero. Sounds like your set screw is loose.

Thanks guys. I'll report back on what I find.