• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NightForce VS Huskemaw VS Mark4 LRT

Re: NightForce VS Huskemaw VS Mark4 LRT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mall Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to see that someone else still supports Leupold.</div></div>

Guess you missed the sarcasm. No way I would take a Leupold over a NF. Chey Tac uses NF scopes. I have personally used a NF on a Chey Tac to shoot to 2000 yards so they work just fine at long range.
P1010610.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mall Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you got tired of the debate, Leupold VS Night Force. </div></div>

As said, there is no debate. At this point, we are beating a dead horse. Leupold sucks, next question? (That military shooters are using is indisputable, "made by the lowest bidder", but few using them like them.)

You are free to keep this going as long as you want. As I've said before, I take issue with anyone whose greatest confidence in Leupold is how fast they get it back WHEN it breaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mall Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...there is a reason why the millitary is not using it in the field. </div></div>

Just like in the movies you've been watching, the military ALWAYS buys the best equipment at rock-bottom prices. This is why my radio designed for and purchased by the Navy can't get wet. The Navy never gets near the water, so it's OK. This is also why my $100+ million aircraft has gauges from a B-25.

This is also why my $100+ million aircraft has gauges from a B-25. [/quote]

Sure must be fun to fly a plane that the American people paid for. Isn’t technology great. well yall have fun at work its been fun arguing, and beating a dead horse with some of you, it made my day go by fast. I think i will look into the NF for the next scope.

Singing off the king of BS: mall ninja.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mall Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Singing off the king of BS: mall ninja. </div></div>

If the quality of your shooting is anything like the quality of your typing, Leupold is probably fine for you.

Carry on.

I have a mark4 8.5x25x50 TMR I still shoot it I have sent it in twice to have it fixed and yes the turn around time was fast It would not hold poi the second time they rebuilt the hole scope. I really like the TMR Reticle it is my fav the cross hair are like a little pep in the center and does not cover tiny targets out at longer range. The turrets are not bad my other two buddy's had no trouble with theirs at all I am saving for a NF Building a 260 and don't need the scope in the shop all of the time. GO GO GO NF OR S&B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they rebuilt the hole scope. </div></div>

Hole scope? Freudian slip?

Another happy Loopy owner: got it back ricky tick when it broke. Twice.

I don't own Leupold, life is too short and there are far too many good options that don't break with such regularity (warranty notwithstanding.)

You know Huskemaw is shit when the owner of the company is now selling NightForce scopes. They call it the G7 and it looks like a NXS 5.5x22x50 w/o illumination.

So everything I've heard is that the new Leupold's new ER/T FFP with M5 turrets are way better than their last couple of lines is anyone else hearing this?

Yeah I have 2 Leupolds with the m5 turrets I think they are really nice. Everyone including leupold bashers who have tried them seems to like them or are surprised that leupold could make such a decent turret and also be 1/10 mil.

Looking for a little advise. I am wanting to advance to some longer range shooting. Currently I shoot a 300WSM X-Bolt with a Nikon BDC scope, I practice at 300yards and it shoots a 2 inch groop. In Colorado I watched my buddies wife shoot a buck at 625 with a long range leopold scope, I was sold. I've been talking to Huskemaw and it sounds like a good deal. I send my rifle in with 40 rounds of what i load, and they build the turret and prove it before they send it back. They give me two turrets, one for 0 - 5000 elevation and one for 5000 - 10000. Keep in mind, I'm not a sniper, just looking to improve my longe range shooting. Thanks

Want advise. Read the last 4 pages to catch up.

Flyingbullseye

wasnt looking for a SA answer, havent seen anything that gives a definetive answer, is it a good hunting scope or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wasnt looking for a SA answer, havent seen anything that gives a definetive answer, is it a good hunting scope or not? </div></div>

If you're asking if the <span style="font-weight: bold">Huskemaw</span> is worth the price, I'd say hell no for $1200. I'm not the resident expert on optics, or anything else for that matter, but I've ever heard of that brand.

To make a long story short, save your money and get a NightForce!
grin.gif

Jg<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wasnt looking for a SA answer, havent seen anything that gives a definetive answer, is it a good hunting scope or not? </div></div>

http://www.google.com/cse/m?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&cref=&theme=DEFAULT

Use this search. You'll find everything you neeed.

I've never heard of NightForce, do they build your scope to your specific round? Do you send your rifle in so they can test and prove it?

Let me guess you watch best of the west on the outdoor channel?

I watch everything on the outdoor channel. When I got interested in longe range, the only two scopes i have heard of were husk and leopold ltr. Just wanting to do my homework before spending 2000 on a scope.

Hey killin. Why don't you fill out your profile and maybe someone in your area can give you the help you need to make a decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I've never heard of NightForce, do they build your scope to your specific round? Do you send your rifle in so they can test and prove it? </span></div></div>

So, they build your scope to a 'specific' round and if you want to mount the scope on a different caliber/rifle, you're just shit outta luck, huh?

That's the great thing about NightForce - no rifle needs to be sent in to be "proven" and it (NightForce) will work for ANY caliber you want to use it with. Why? Because NightForce is a world-class optic, tried and true. It's trusted by the Law Enforcement and Military community, as well as thousands of civilian customers who have put NightForce through hell and they keep going strong.

But, hey, don't take my word for it. Read the <span style="font-weight: bold">NightForce Optics website</span>:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“I purchased a Nightforce
5.5-22 x 56 in 2001. I used it to put 12,500 shots through two .50 BMGs.
I fired another 4000 shots with it on an AR10. Then, I mounted it on a 14.5/114mm Russian (570 gr. of powder propelling a 1000 gr. bullet at 3300 fps) and fired 970 rounds. Most scopes break within one to ten shots on the Russian…not the Nightforce.

Then I used it for another 47 rounds through a 25mm Hotchkiss, 3000 through a Barrett M90, and 6000 rounds from a Savage M250.

“After six years and all this punishment, the zero settings on the 5.5-22 have never changed and it still works perfectly.

“Nightforce is the best I have ever used.”

—Kent A. Lomont
Manufacturer and dealer of
machine guns and
destructive devices

Below: the .50 BMG (right) compared to the 14.5/114 Russian (left).

114russian.jpg
</div></div>

Killin if your ready to spend 2 grand I would go with the nightforce. I am not the resident optics expert either but have done alot of research on the subject. Ilya would be a man to find about this subject, He is on the hide and has tested everything about the scopes in your price range.
goodluck Rthur
btw- he is a hellofa nice guy

No, if i decide to change caliber, they will build me another turret. (this is what they're telling me)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will do. </div></div>

Read the FAQ sticky'd threads at the top of every board on here... starting with the optics, and then the bolt gun board. Then you can start asking educated questions.

This board has been around a long time and people here get tired REAL quick of anybody coming on asking in their first posts to have the world of long range shooting explained to them. Best of luck!

Mike

Gee.... i'm realy sorry to offed you. So far, everyone has been cool, except you. Sorry your having a bad day, Merry Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never heard of NightForce, do they build your scope to your specific round? Do you send your rifle in so they can test and prove it? </div></div>

Never Heard of Nightforce? with ads in nearly every publication, dominating the discussions on sites like this and others. Sounds like you haven't been looking. Nobody has you send in your rifle to be tested for the scope because it goes the other way around. You mount the scope on the rifle and then set it up.
The best of the west guys, while FILMING some percieved good shots make it look so easy. But instead of trying their goofball overpriced system, one can simply buy/build a good quality setup (for less), and learn the basics skills of marksmanship. Those skills can be transferred to any other quality rifle/scope setup making you a better shooter regardless of the weapon. The Huskemaw plan simplifies things for you yes, but its like putting training wheels and a kickstand on a tricycle. You will never learn to ride a bike like that.
FWIW I looked through a couple Huskemaws this year during the elk hunt. A very nice gentleman who was hunting nearby let me look through them, I wouldn't say it was terrible, but I wasn't impressed, especially for what they cost. There are far better options. Keep reading the fountain of information here on the hide and you'll understand much better what you need.

Killin'stuff I think you will find a more receptive audience if you would spend a few hours researching prior to posting. On the main optics page alone are two other threads that deal with the huskemaw scope. I haven't been on this forum long but I research all my questions prior to asking them and I have yet to be slammed for asking one. The members here are vastly more knowledgeable than I am and are more than willing to share that knowledge as long as your willing to put in just a little "work" if you can call Internet surfing work? Hope this helps. As far as your question goes I would research other scopes with BDC's if that's the style shooting you want to do but be aware it has it's limitations. Good luck.

Ok, I get it, but doesnt research have to start somewhere? Anyways, whether your an expert military marksman, or a dedicated life long hunter, we are all pro 2nd amendment......right? We shouldnt segregate ourselves, all it does is is weaken us and give the gun grabbers more power. I'll try and find a more hunter friendy forum.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I get it, but doesnt research have to start somewhere? Anyways, whether your an expert military marksman, or a dedicated life long hunter, we are all pro 2nd amendment......right? We shouldnt segregate ourselves, all it does is is weaken us and give the gun grabbers more power. I'll try and find a more hunter friendy forum.

Thanks </div></div>

Research is what we are all doing here, as mentioned earlier, these questions seems to get asked daily. So there is often a SA answer to them, particularly when the post count reflects ones diligence in researching the thousands of thread available here.
Your right about the 2nd, you wont find a more pro 2nd group, but this site is "for the serious tactical marksman". There are a great many hunters here, and even a hunting section of the site. I dont believe anyone here is trying to segregate anything, unless your talking about poor optical choices and good ones. Stick around, and you'll quickly learn the difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killin'stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee.... i'm realy sorry to offed you. So far, everyone has been cool, except you. Sorry your having a bad day, Merry Christmas. </div></div>

You didn't offend me, and I was having a great day. Just giving it to you straight. Researching a question on this board starts here;
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

And if you don't find what you're looking for there, make a post about it. 99% of the time you'll find your answer there though. Listen to ColdBore he's a good guy...
Once again best of luck and Merry Christmas!

Mike

Nightforce all the way!!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3RA5YwchEs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3RA5YwchEs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OxMlOyt0wOY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OxMlOyt0wOY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5YA69Eb9eg "></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5YA69Eb9eg " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mike @ CST

I have 5 Leupolds - they are great hunting scopes but now that I own 2 NightForce 5.5-22x56mm's I am switching over and selling my Leupolds to fund my NightForce addiction. I was at the DefensiveEdge.net Shooting School last year in Rathdrum, ID. There was only on Huskemaw out of 14 students. By the end of the class, the guy with the Huskemaw was shooting Shawn Carlock's backup gun with a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56mm on it!