• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon FX-1000

I went with the 20 moa base and XTR high rings. The objective just barely clears the rear iron sight.

Attachments

• C8456594-FCC5-478D-BCB6-E63827729C0E.jpeg
    C8456594-FCC5-478D-BCB6-E63827729C0E.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 148
It appears that you might have a heck of a time getting a consistent cheek weld as high as your scope is mounted? Don't forget that the manufacturer of your scope has now changed their warranty and not for the better.

@bman940: I believe the rear sight on a Zastava M70 folds when not in use. There is no reason to keep it engaged upwards once you scope the rifle, right?

@DrDrillgood: Does the Evolution Gun Works mount interfere with cartridge feed/ejection and the bolt movement?

You will actually have to grind off about 2mm of the ends of the rear two screws. Otherwise they protrude into the receiver and interfere with the bolt. Not difficult though, as long as you have a dremel and you aren’t a ham fisted ape.

Correct. Once you decide on a non QD mount I get rid of the iron sight so I can get the scope down as low as possible. I have had great success using low Warne mounts when there's a rail involved. Here are 2 pics of my Bergara and Meopta ZD 6-24x56.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.11.43 AM.png

Correct. Once you decide on a non QD mount I get rid of the iron sight so I can get the scope down as low as possible. I have had great success using low Warne mounts when there's a rail involved. Here are 2 pics of my Bergara and Meopta ZD 6-24x56.

View attachment 7160983

I didn’t get the tall rings strictly for clearing the iron sight. Having the optic higher is more comfortable for me and easier to get, and stay behind. Maybe I have a long neck. ??‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
And here I thought you were going to say you had a head the size of 30lb watermelon. Cheek wield isn't effected by the length of your neck.